Gaining it back doesn't mean failure

Options
2»

Replies

• hisbeautifulangel
    hisbeautifulangel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Neanbean13 wrote: »
    And try not to use cups. Cup sizes differ and it's not as accurate as measuring in grams! Def get a scale. A digital one for accuracy. As much as you think it's a negative to weigh because u think you won't get as much but works other way where you can allow yourself MORE of stuff you want base your measuring there's no guilt if u have 100g of icecream or 100g of tomatoes because you'll know the calories in each! As long as it fits in your daily count u CAN have your cake and eat it too!
    Also try scan the brands into mfp rather than using the generic foods in the calculator as calories vary from brand to brand.

I was using cups. Oops. My thing is allowing myself junk food without overdoing it or fooling myself by trying to convince myself having just a bit MORE won't hurt. Once I get that under control I do well typically. Initially I have to cut off the bad food and go through the "withdrawl" and then I'm better with food after. What set me back was going so long not allowing myself junk food and then I went crazy with it. This time maybe I should allow myself some junk so I don't end up overdoing it when I Crack lol
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    The part that stuck out to me is referring to your weight loss as 9 months of hell. If you made it that unpleasurable, it's not surprising to see you slip back to old habits. Only make changes you can sustain for a lifetime. Weight loss should not be hell, and I hope you discover that this time around.

It was hell to me due to the fact that my body isn't like others and doesn't react like everyone elses. I learned that even while staying under calories I would only maintain. I HAD to exercise every day to see a drop. And if I ate any amount of junk food while staying under calories I wouldn't see a drop. I'd maintain. I had to be very strict with what I ate and had to exercise every day. Which to me isn't the funnest. It was incredibly hard work. And this time will no doubt be the same. No junk and exercise every day. (And yes each time I hit a plateau I tweaked this as I went.)

Were/are you using a food scale?

No was not

I really really recommend one. I hate to say it, but your body does not defy science. Unless you have a medical condition, you were stalling because you were eating more than you thought. Even using packaging sizes, the product can be up to 20% off as long as it benefits the consumer. So a 200 calorie granola bar can actually be as much as 240 calories. Do that multiple times a day, and you can wipe out a deficit easily.

I used to think dieting needed to be torture to be effective until I caved and bought a cheap food scale from Walmart. It's a true eye opener. I think you would greatly benefit from giving it a try. There's no point in doing the same process over again when it isn't sustainable long term. You can't live the rest of your life in "hell," as you put it. Otherwise, you will very easily be caught in this cycle. Been there myself, and it sucks and is no way to live.

I did not know that! Wow! Thank you! I will definitely go get one. Thank you for your advice :) and I definitely don't want to be in hell. If I can make it easier I would love to make it easier lol

It really is crazy how off serving sizes can be. But I will say that with my food scale, I can eat things I enjoy instead of chicken breast and salad. I did that for about 6 months once. Of course, gained everything back that I had lost. That was my hell. Haha.

I hope it works for you!

• JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think we have all been there. I did the same: lost 60, gradually put it back on, and finally lost it again, but this time I'm going to keep my eye on things.
    Good luck.
    You know you can and you know how. You can do it.
  • JenniferMuriel
    JenniferMuriel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You nailed it for me. Denial. Yesterday and today I have really seen myself...and I don't like it. I too am a new mom and want to get this stress eating under control before I pass it on.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The part that stuck out to me is referring to your weight loss as 9 months of hell. If you made it that unpleasurable, it's not surprising to see you slip back to old habits. Only make changes you can sustain for a lifetime. Weight loss should not be hell, and I hope you discover that this time around.
    This, 100%.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I should also add, that another reason it was hell to me was that food was a huge factor. I have faced that I will always have an addiction to food. So it's so hard to not be able to have the food I want and the amount I want. Very hard to sit next to my husband as he eats McDonald's and ice cream while I eat a chicken breast and a Carmel rice cake lol.
    He should know better than to eat that in front of you. A big part of me starting to lose weight was that my wife was, and I didn't want to eat poorly in front of her while she was working hard at it. At the very least, he should find a way to eat that when you aren't around. Just my 2 cents.

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I lost from 231 to 145 in 2012/13. Had my baby 11 months ago and was at 215 when i stepped on the scale. I'm down to 155 now. If I can do it anyone can.
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Options
    You nailed it for me. Denial. Yesterday and today I have really seen myself...and I don't like it. I too am a new mom and want to get this stress eating under control before I pass it on.

I actually have 2 boys and now my daughter. My boys love working out with me and I want to be able to play with them more.
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Options
    rickc74 wrote: »
    I should also add, that another reason it was hell to me was that food was a huge factor. I have faced that I will always have an addiction to food. So it's so hard to not be able to have the food I want and the amount I want. Very hard to sit next to my husband as he eats McDonald's and ice cream while I eat a chicken breast and a Carmel rice cake lol.
    He should know better than to eat that in front of you. A big part of me starting to lose weight was that my wife was, and I didn't want to eat poorly in front of her while she was working hard at it. At the very least, he should find a way to eat that when you aren't around. Just my 2 cents.

That he should. He can be selfish at times but has been getting better lmao
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Options
    pbprincess wrote: »
    I lost from 231 to 145 in 2012/13. Had my baby 11 months ago and was at 215 when i stepped on the scale. I'm down to 155 now. If I can do it anyone can.

That's awesome! Way to go!!!!