Always seem tired

Options
2»

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    How is your sleep? Are you getting 7-8hrs of sleep?
  • Brianneplus3
    Brianneplus3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    In my opinion I sleep well. I wake up feeling ok. Shortly after breakfast I can feel myself starting to drain out.
  • Brianneplus3
    Options
    @AnnPT77 I have lost NO weight thus far. Wish I have. I just started this program/app a few days ago.
  • Brianneplus3
    Options
    @malibu927 My diary is open for your viewing. I'm trying to lose about 30lbs total. Put myself on a 1,200 a day calorie count and trying to lose 1.5lbs weekly. If that's what you mean by stats...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ha, you answered just as I asked! Yes, that's about what I was looking for.

I would say drop your goal to a pound a week. This will give you more calories to work with (unless you're quite short or older).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    @malibu927 My diary is open for your viewing. I'm trying to lose about 30lbs total. Put myself on a 1,200 a day calorie count and trying to lose 1.5lbs weekly. If that's what you mean by stats...

Ah! Too soon to have real results to go on, then.

In that case, I second @malibu927 : Since you're feeling poorly, drop your goal to a pound a week, or even half a pound a week, stick with it for a few weeks (maybe a month) and see what your results are. (If you're on a bigger calorie deficit in actuality than MFP thinks you are, you may be able to tell that sooner.)

You can always increase your deficit (increase your target loss rate, decrease your daily calories eaten) later - and maybe it will go better if you ease into it.

Be aware that although the MFP calorie calculator works well for many/most people, it is based on averages from a sample population. Most people cluster around the average, but some may burn noticeably more or fewer calories than the calculators estimate. I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess you'd say: I tried eating 1200 calories as MFP suggested, to lose 2 pounds a week at first, when I was still obese. I lost substantially faster than that, and got quite fatigued - I found I could increase calories quite a bit, and still get that loss rate . . . and I felt ever so much better!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary and see you are using a lot of user created entries. For your toast - does your bread say it is 100 calories? Did your banana weigh 60 grams? I suggest you get a food scale and learn to find better entries.

Does someone have a good link for finding the best entries in the database? The thread http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1 refers to the old asterisk system.
  • Brianneplus3
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I took a look at your diary and see you are using a lot of user created entries. For your toast - does your bread say it is 100 calories? Did your banana weigh 60 grams? I suggest you get a food scale and learn to find better entries.

Does someone have a good link for finding the best entries in the database? The thread http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1 refers to the old asterisk system.
    I so agree! A scale would be a lot better.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    In my opinion I sleep well. I wake up feeling ok. Shortly after breakfast I can feel myself starting to drain out.

Some people do better with mostly protein for break fast.
    Instead of fruit or toast with eggs, you could try eggs with cheese or bacon and low calorie veggies like bell pepper or cucumbers or broccoli.

• Brianneplus3
    Options
    @RodaRose That's a good idea. I'm always up for suggestions. Isn't cheese high in calories?
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Cheese can be, yes. Have something else then like low fat yogurt, milk, soy milk, an extra egg.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    "But why am I always so tired thru the day? "

The answer 99 times out of 100 is "you aren't eating enough"
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Do you get enough sleep? (Hope you do not find this to be a silly question)
  • Brianneplus3
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Do you get enough sleep? (Hope you do not find this to be a silly question)
    Not silly at all. I get about 6-7hrs.
  • Brianneplus3
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    "But why am I always so tired thru the day? "

The answer 99 times out of 100 is "you aren't eating enough"
    I'm starting to think the same thing.