Mommy Challenge (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Wow you all did so great! I will do my final weigh in tomorrow morning but I know I didn't hit the 10, possibly 5 but I know I've lost quite a few inches because I was able to get into my 14's. Yay!!!:bigsmile: They are a little tight still but at least I can button them!! I'm happy about that - tells me I am getting somewhere! Can't wait for Labor Day Losers!
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    Well, I'm not finishing Mommy Challenge very good. I'm up again to 178. Man, I hate that the pounds just don't seem to be going anywhere. :frown: At least I know the inches are coming off.
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    SW - 170.7

Week 6/6/11 - 171.4
    Week 6/13/11 - 172.4 (i know we are supposed to be LOOSING 2 pounds/ week NOT GAINING!!!!!! but I was on vacation :0)
    Week 6/20/11 - 169.7
    Week 6/27/11 - 168.8
    Week 7/4/11- 168.6

Total lost - 2.1 pounds.

Gosh this weekend messed me up big time!!! IF i had behaved i prob would have been able to loose at least one pound but at least i did not gain :) (and i sooo should have). i feel like a bloated whale this morning :(.
    I am so proud of the rest of you ladies though. you are so inspiring. my weight loss is slow bc i am approaching goal weight but this challenge got me out of the 170's and that is a victory for me bc it has been 10 years since i have seen the 160s. i am going to stick with it and aim to loose another 6- 10 pounds by labor day.
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies!

Here's my update -
    5/31: 251
    6/6: 246
    6/13: 246
    6/20: 246
    6/27: 248.75 (+2.75)
    7/4: 247.5

GW: 243

While I didn't make my goal I will take any type of loss - large or small!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies!! I hope you were able to enjoy your 4th of July!!! I am updating this morning. And add me to the next challenge! :bigsmile:

SW 192
    6/06 190.6
    6/13 189
    6/20 185.2
    6/27 184.6
    7/05 181.8

Total weight lost: 10.2lb...not bad since my weight loss has really slowed down (but I have lost nearly 60 pounds and I am getting closer to my goal weight). Have a wonderful day mommies!

Great job mommies! Hope to see you all in the next challenge!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Mommies!!!!! So sad this challenge has come to an end!!! Congrats to all of you!! Special shout out to the official 10 pound losers!! you guys are awesome!!! and lovecola6 you are down to 150!!!! go u!!!!! all ladies did amazing small or big a loss is awesome!! Labor Day losers coming July 11th. we will give official start weight then!!! My stats:

SW- 160
    CW-155

lost 5 pounds! ill take it! should have been 10, but 5 is good too!
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 204
    6/6 198.8
    6/13 198.8
    6/20 199.8
    6/27 193.4 (lost lots since last week but that was after a vacation and i got back on track right away:) )
    7/4 192.2

Sorry I didnt post yesterday :( i am now back on things at home now that things are settled. Awesome job mommies!!! Thank you for all of your support and encouragement I really needed it. I am also proud of you for all of your hard work!! Next challenge here we come!!! Have a great day on purpose!!!
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    final numbers...

247.2 lbs

neck 15.5
    waist 45
    hips 48
    chest 42.5
    bicep 14.5
    forearm 11.75
    wrtist 7.25
    thigh 29.5
    calf 18.75
    ankle 10.25

not so great... not as much loss as i would have liked... was doing great till my grandfathers passing... but hey... onto the next month...
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I cant believe how quickky this is all done :( and Im sad to say that I have started to lose some of my motivatioin. I have managed to stay at a good weight but have 15 more lbs to go.. Hoping that joining a sugar-free group and walking on my treadmill will help me.... it may just be that I'm only on 2 hours of sleep and feel like crawling under my desk at work at taking a nap......

SW - 158.3
    Week 6/6/11 - 155.00
    Week 6/13/11 - 154.6
    Week 6/20/11 - 154.6
    Week 6/27/11 - 153.7
    Week 7/4/11- 154.00
    Total lost 4.3
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    awwww Mimi!! i am feeling the same way! hang in there! im trying to go through the motions today in hopes that my motivation will reappear... i started insanity 2 weeks ago and i dont like the thought of giving up on stuff..but i tell u what, lol, i dont feel like it right now!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    awwww Mimi!! i am feeling the same way! hang in there! im trying to go through the motions today in hopes that my motivation will reappear... i started insanity 2 weeks ago and i dont like the thought of giving up on stuff..but i tell u what, lol, i dont feel like it right now!

Hey you!! Whatever's getting you down, flick it off your shoulder and remember how wonderful you feel when your on top of it!! I believe in you!
  • miami_mimi
    Options

Hey you!! Whatever's getting you down, flick it off your shoulder and remember how wonderful you feel when your on top of it!! I believe in you!

I agree we must dust it off, but it's ok to feel blah once in a while, it's probably our bodies telling us to take a break! I'm ready for tomorrow, let's make it happen!
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    hang in there mimi and latoya!!! get motivated!!! you all helped me through this challenge to meet my goals and I am here if you need me!!! as far as insanity, take a few days off and do something else then go back to it. i think when i do something new it is great at first then i stop and do nothing and fall into a slump again. mix it up and go back to it:) i am doing different things each day and i think it is helping me stick with excercise:) think of your babies and all the fun you want to have with them, if you are unhealthy you cant do it!!! get moving ladies:)
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Mommies are awesome!!! 5 more days before our Labor Day Losers Challenge begin!!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    :happy: miss you guys!! thanks for the pep talks!! yes monday will be here soon! Labor Day Losers!!! Anyone up for the 1st week mini challenge? we will use the 1st one given :laugh: i will gather the ending numbers for mommy challenge so that you can see how everyone did!
  • sgarner2005
    sgarner2005 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am in for the Labor Day Losers. Are you going to post a new thread? I'm on vacation next week so be sure to leave me a spot in the group! I'll have a lot to lose after Vaca I'm sure!!

Congrats to everyone on the Mommy Challenge. I'm wondering how many people stayed through to the end?
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    I am in for the Labor Day Losers. Are you going to post a new thread? I'm on vacation next week so be sure to leave me a spot in the group! I'll have a lot to lose after Vaca I'm sure!!

Congrats to everyone on the Mommy Challenge. I'm wondering how many people stayed through to the end?

i will start new closed group thread and we lost about 1/2 early on; of course we will save a spot for u have an awesome vacay!!!!!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I think our first weekly challenge should be getting in the recommended amount of water daily. I know I'm bad about this one, but I find when I have a challenge I want to do it more! And remember it's not really just 8 glasses of water a day, but drinks like tea and coffee count too (as long as they don't have sugar added to them!).

Taking in the recommended amount of fluids daily is important to continued weight loss, and it helps your body to not retain too much water! It doesn't have to hang onto extra if it knows you're going to give it what it needs! This is all easy to say (or type rather), but for me much harder to put into practice!!

Good luck Mommies!
  • miami_mimi
    Options
    Cant wait for the new challenge :)
    Glad a lot of you ladies are on my friends' list and continue to give me motivation and encouragment through my rough points :drinker:
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    I think our first weekly challenge should be getting in the recommended amount of water daily. I know I'm bad about this one, but I find when I have a challenge I want to do it more! And remember it's not really just 8 glasses of water a day, but drinks like tea and coffee count too (as long as they don't have sugar added to them!).

Taking in the recommended amount of fluids daily is important to continued weight loss, and it helps your body to not retain too much water! It doesn't have to hang onto extra if it knows you're going to give it what it needs! This is all easy to say (or type rather), but for me much harder to put into practice!!

Good luck Mommies!

I like this idea! I struggle with the water also and can BARELY make 8 most days. But, I never counted tea or coffee. I put Splenda in it though so would it still count or no?