I'm a big time Husker fan

Yeah. Sanchez isn't impressive.

Bama fan here.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    College: Texas Tech, Notre Dame
    Pro: Houston Texans

College Final 4: Clemson, Stanford, Bama, and (Houston or Oklahoma)
    NFL Super Bowl: Patriots vs. Arizona

I think the winner of the Stanford/Notre Dame game will be in the Final 4. I give the edge to Stanford now, but both teams will be pretty darned good.

It's a long season, so let's get this thing started and see where they end up. Should be fun whoever makes the run.
  • StillBreathingFitness
    StillBreathingFitness Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Solid picks. But doubt Bama gets back there this year. Surprisingly I would go with Houston and Oklahoma. Clemson wins it all.

Not sure about the Pats but don't know who else to pick from the AFC. Lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for Fantasy Football! Being a die hard 9er fan, I don't think they will win anymore games than they did last year. I'm sure I'll watch when they are on each time, but if they are getting blown out, I'll likely change the channel (which should be many times this year).
    Everyone talks about how Chip got the Eagles to turn around, but when he came in he had players. We have 2 iffy QB's, a 3rd year running back who may be injury prone, 1 good wide receiver and a defense that will get tired quickly because of all the 3 and outs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jaxass
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I know, right?
    JasonM40 wrote: »
    Solid picks. But doubt Bama gets back there this year. Surprisingly I would go with Houston and Oklahoma. Clemson wins it all.

Not sure about the Pats but don't know who else to pick from the AFC. Lol

Bama is just so bloody deep and will wear people down.

Houston/OU play each other week 1 in Houston. That will say a lot. If Houston wins and OU runs the table from then on out, I can see it. If Houston loses, their chances are pretty slim.

The NFC is so strong: Carolina, Arizona, Green Bay, Seattle, Minnesota. Anyone who comes out of that bracket will be beat up, giving the edge to the AFC

I'm with you on the AFC. The only team I think has a legit shot to dethrone the Pats may be the Steelers...maybe the Texans/Broncos. All 3 have solid defenses but only the Steelers have a proven QB that can manage the game. But none of them have Bill Belichek.

Regardless, it should be a fun season no matter who gets there.
  • StillBreathingFitness
    StillBreathingFitness Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Great analysis!
    But once they stay hitting and folks start getting hurt, ANYTHING can happen!
  • 300cmv
    300cmv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    So excited my Boys "Da Boys" first preseason game tonight!

CB4L
  • jaxass
    edited August 2016
    Options
    300cmv wrote: »

CB4L

I see 5-11 in their future. Maybe worse when Romo goes down after week 3.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    So my Browns are back in action.

How do you think they will do this year?

I'm thinking we should have gotten our QB in the draft when we had the chance.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

The Browns are so bad that, never mind this year, they have already been eliminated from the 2017 playoffs too.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

I am a life long Browns fan. I was happy with the draft. I don't think either QB was worth a 1st or 2nd draft pick. See what RGIII can do this year, if doesnt work out, see what is available next year. I think they will surprise a few teams this year.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    jaxass wrote: »

CB4L

Is that week 3 of preseason or regular season?
  • xjchic98
    xjchic98 Posts: 85 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    jaxass wrote: »

CB4L

Is that week 3 of preseason or regular season?

Hahaha!!
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I'm an Eagles fan so less excited going into this season than usual, but still excited. Penn State, Oklahoma and Clemson for college football.
  • dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So glad to be back to football season!!!!

Browns fan - I know, I know; heard every crack there is to make. One day it will pay off then I get my turn to be intolerable :) I expect 3 wins this year and we'll find out we finally have WR's but no running game. Defense will not be good. RG3 will be a placeholder but maybe we'll get lucky and he'll hold that place for a couple years.

Ohio State fan - Lifelong Buckeye being from Ohio and started my college education there. Helps balance out the emotions from being a Browns fan. If the youth can mature quickly and beat Oklahoma week 3, I expect an undefeated regular season and a playoff berth. If they can't get it together, might see 3 losses. But after this year, a dynasty will be in the works with the recruiting classes that have been put together.

I play fantasy but this year I've only gotten in 1 family league that's pretty tame. Rest of my leagues fell apart for various reasons.

Good luck to everyone's teams... unless you're playing one of the above, then you can go to hell >:)
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So glad to be back to football season!!!!

Browns fan - I know, I know; heard every crack there is to make. One day it will pay off then I get my turn to be intolerable :) I expect 3 wins this year and we'll find out we finally have WR's but no running game. Defense will not be good. RG3 will be a placeholder but maybe we'll get lucky and he'll hold that place for a couple years.

Ohio State fan - Lifelong Buckeye being from Ohio and started my college education there. Helps balance out the emotions from being a Browns fan. If the youth can mature quickly and beat Oklahoma week 3, I expect an undefeated regular season and a playoff berth. If they can't get it together, might see 3 losses. But after this year, a dynasty will be in the works with the recruiting classes that have been put together.

I play fantasy but this year I've only gotten in 1 family league that's pretty tame. Rest of my leagues fell apart for various reasons.

Good luck to everyone's teams... unless you're playing one of the above, then you can go to hell >:)

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I was born and raised in Columbus, I did my undergrad degree at Ohio State. So while it has been a long 47 years (started following when I was 8 years old) being a Browns fan, it's been pretty good being a Buckeye. Though it was a long wait between 1969 and 2002 for a national championship.
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    BEARS going all the way
  • koujo21
    koujo21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Can't wait! # Free Tom Brady
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    BEARS going all the way