How do you like your oatmeal?

Options
rnnzo
rnnzo Posts: 17 Member
I eat mine with peanut butter and strawberries and bananas with vanilla almond milk on top! Yum :)

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    depending on what i mix it with but a stock, sautéed onions and bacon with 3 eggs cracked inside or onions, cumin, harissa and 3 eggs cracked inside.... only eat it savoury, don;t like it sweet.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Made with water and milk, salt, and butter on top.
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with milk and 1/2 banana
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    I like to leave it at the grocery store. Don't care for oatmeal.
  • groovingroomer
    groovingroomer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats. 1/3 cup with 2/3 cups water. 95 seconds in microwave. Top with teaspoon or so of brown sugar and a blop of half n half cream. Good with a piece of whole what toast.
  • groovingroomer
    groovingroomer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wheat toast! Not what toast. Lol
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I shall try a what toast for breakfast tomorrow :)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I like with a TBS of flax seed and and 1/2 c of blueberries. Add the blueberries before it thickens and they explode. YUM! Thick and sweet. No milk.
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I like to add almonds, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, sometimes a little chia seed, with some blueberries & strawberries. Raisins are good too if you need more sweetness.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Water and some type of sweetener (sugar or honey).
  • helen_demun
    helen_demun Posts: 33 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Love me some oatmeal. Made with water but sometimes I'll add almond milk. I love to add PB2 or protein powder, and all kinds of berries. I just added egg whites today, pretty sneaky way to add some protein :) I try and keep any toppings as low carb as I can due to the oats, so berries, egg whites and protein powders are all great additions.
    I'll also add flax seed, hemp hearts, or chia seeds of I'm feeling fancy and need some more heartiness to the meal.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I like mine industrially processed into something that can last decades in a plastic wrapper, or baked into a cookie.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Unfertilized
  • PinkSuede
    PinkSuede Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oats, water, blueberries almost every the time. Sometimes I add chia seeds or or some nuts.
  • Electric_Warfare
    Electric_Warfare Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    depending on what i mix it with but a stock, sautéed onions and bacon with 3 eggs cracked inside or onions, cumin, harissa and 3 eggs cracked inside.... only eat it savoury, don;t like it sweet.

That sounds awful but i just have to try it.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Plain Gluten free, with stevia, flaxseed, and Pb2 mixed in.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    cinnamon and apples..or apple sauce
  • Rosemary5991
    Rosemary5991 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Apple cinnamon oats with blueberries is one of my obsessions! Sometimes I switch it up and make steel cut oats with blueberries and add some sugar and cinnamon. Figs are pretty good in steel cut oats. Almost every day I have some variant of this.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Crockpot steel cut oats, overnight oats, or oat loaves made with pecans and whatever seasonal fruit is available. Sometimes I like mixing it with greek yogurt for a parfait.

I also like it in cookies, paired with chocolate chips.. (no raisins! No!)