How much weight did/have you lost without exercising?

Options
124»

Replies

• MooMooKass
    MooMooKass Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs in 50 days with no exercise. I started at 180.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to exercise for a few days last week and this really messed up my ability to get quality sleep, which leads to a vicious downward spiral. I forced myself to go swim Saturday and now I am back on track.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    If I didn't exercise I'd only be able to eat a measly 1600-1700 calories. With my activity level (including exercise) I'm able to eat around 2100. It's much easier to spread my meals out that way and I can eat higher calorie meals.
    I understand you saying measly, but I try to stay at 1500 cals and am not hungry. I am doing LCHF

Height and activity level will affect your experience. I'm tall and get about 15k steps a day. I'm actually hungrier now than i was at my highest weight, and I've lost 100 lbs, due to my greatly increased activity. 1500 didn't bother me that much (aside from feeling sorry for myself because no cookies) the first several months, but I was only getting 3000 steps a day. Now it's a recipe for constant hunger pangs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    cebreisch wrote: »
    Just ridding soda from your diet is not enough to really qualify - unless it was "full sugar'ed" soda, and he was drinking lots and lots a day.

For a lot of people, it's a really good start...I lost my first 15-20 Lbs by just stopping my soda habit. Many soda drinkers are very heavy soda drinkers...I drank anywhere between 3-6 sodas daily...cutting them out eliminated 510 - 1,020 calories per day.

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    cebreisch wrote: »
    Just ridding soda from your diet is not enough to really qualify - unless it was "full sugar'ed" soda, and he was drinking lots and lots a day.

For a lot of people, it's a really good start...I lost my first 15-20 Lbs by just stopping my soda habit. Many soda drinkers are very heavy soda drinkers...I drank anywhere between 3-6 sodas daily...cutting them out eliminated 510 - 1,020 calories per day.

It was a big change for me as well, in my teens i drank 2-3 cans of sugared soda a day, plus 48 oz of skim milk. Cutting down to 24 oz skim milk and switching to diet soda saved about 900 calories a day, and was a major part of how i dropped 50 lbs in 6 months back then.

Unfortunately, I also like tasty food and key my weight go up thanks to the other stuff i ate in the ensuing years. Now I count both liquid and sold calories and my weight is back on track.
  • ssgh2
    ssgh2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs three years ago with ZERO exercise. It was all in what I ate. I did however put most of it back on because I didn't keep eating that way. I did a nutrition program where it was about food pairings. I didn't count calories and was never hungry. This was by far my best weight loss option. I only lost 30 with weight watchers and a nutritionist on separate occasions. Interestingly enough since I am exercising while on this food plan, my weight loss has dropped but I am losing inches.