Are bananas and peanut butter a bad thing?

Options

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    brichards_ wrote: »
    As long as there is no dairy and no processed sugar or corn syrup then it's just fine!

No dairy? In their bananas and chocolate peanut butter? Dude.
  • Tretop76
    Tretop76 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    B4Rachael wrote: »
    You could try using chocolate soy milk instead of chocolate peanut butter

Yesssss! Or powder peanut butter. It doesn't have the fat.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    If peanut butter and bananas are bad, I don't wanna be good!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    As long as there is no dairy and no processed sugar or corn syrup then it's just fine!

What what?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Big fat curses to this thread! I finally got around to making this banana ice cream concoction last night and my nutribullet, which i use nearly everyday, blew up 30 seconds into mixing! I think i'll stick to normal icecream from now on.

I used my hand mixer to finish mixing, i also added PB2, and yes it was bloomin' delicious, mine came to 313 calories.
  • brichards_
    brichards_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options

what happens if any of those things are present....?
    I don't want to sound annoying or pushy but dairy is not good for weightloss, and corn syrup (in a lot of peanut butters) is not healthy. That's my simple way of saying it. Of course she can eat what she wants, but that's my view on them. There's not dairy in either thing she said, I can't recall why I put that but anyways...

• brichards_
    Options

No dairy? In their bananas and chocolate peanut butter? Dude.
    I'm not dumb thank you. I know there isn't dairy in fruit and peanut butter, it was just a general comment about food and idk what I was thinking really when I wrote it. Just be nice and have a good day

• brichards_
    Options

What what?
    what do you mean?

• brichards_
    Options

I don't want to sound annoying or pushy but dairy is not good for weightloss, and corn syrup (in a lot of peanut butters) is not healthy. That's my simple way of saying it. Of course she can eat what she wants, but that's my view on them. There's not dairy in either thing she said, I can't recall why I put that but anyways...

why/how is dairy bad for weight loss?
    I can't really say it like my research has said it so I'll try my best. Dairy is the breast milk made for baby cows. It is a natural growth formula for the baby cow. A human isn't really meant to breast feed a growth formula from a cow, if that makes sense. It causes, well, growth, like it does for the baby cow. It also causes constipation and bloating due to the fact that the human body doesn't really like having milk and it's hormones and pus cells in it. Usually people are trying to lose fat on their diets, and dairy is high in fat, such as saturated fat. This can be slightly bad towards weight loss goals, although some fat is necessary to eat of course. Eating healthy fats will be better towards the body. Hopefully this makes a little sense?

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options

I can't really say it like my research has said it so I'll try my best. Dairy is the breast milk made for baby cows. It is a natural growth formula for the baby cow. A human isn't really meant to breast feed a growth formula from a cow, if that makes sense. It causes, well, growth, like it does for the baby cow. It also causes constipation and bloating due to the fact that the human body doesn't really like having milk and it's hormones and pus cells in it. Usually people are trying to lose fat on their diets, and dairy is high in fat, such as saturated fat. This can be slightly bad towards weight loss goals, although some fat is necessary to eat of course. Eating healthy fats will be better towards the body. Hopefully this makes a little sense?

so if i drink milk every day and still lose weight, without constipation or bloating... i'm what? a scientific miracle!?

Apparently, I am too. 96 pounds lost, zero constipation or bloating.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

so if i drink milk every day and still lose weight, without constipation or bloating... i'm what? a scientific miracle!?

Apparently, I am too. 96 pounds lost, zero constipation or bloating.

:flowerforyou:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    ...If you want the nutrients of a banana, just eat a banana, and then have real ice cream.

Or have them together! Mmm...banana split! B)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Calories are all that matter.