Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've had t25 for over 6 months now and I've never made it thru more than a week. I feel I get an incredible burn and workout when I do it, but idk why I always stop. It's like I convinced myself it's too hard to find the time (sad right) even though I DO go to the gym 6 nights a week for over an hour. I've never made it past disc 4.

Do those participating and who have completed alpha and/or beta, do you recommend I give it another STRICT go? Have you seen desired losses? And how can I STAY MOTIVATED?

Maybe I need an accountabilibuddy to kick me in the butt to make sure I do them and then log them on the timeline.

Make it part of your routine! Start for alpha and use the modifier if you must! You won't know if you don't try it. I was on vacation and didn't do it for 2 weeks and it was tough getting back on track but not impossible. It really is mind over matter.
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Not even 6am and Total Body Circuit is DONE! It is hard to describe how much I hate this workout, but it always makes me create a huge puddle of sweat and is an amazing workout. I can't believe I have to do it twice this week!! :s

Ahh, this is how I feel about Lower Focus! I don't know why, but Total Body doesn't kill me even close to as hard as Lower Focus. ...And Ab Intervals is just mean (my dog won't let me do it in peace, either). Haha.

After taking the weekend off, I'm actually eager to get back to it. Total Body Circuit is today. But yeah, Cardio and Speed days are starting to feel like a vacation.

• Samoora92
    Samoora92 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just finished Cize and absolutely loved it and today started T25 and it was so hard! It'll get easier right guys?
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    reclaimmylife4mfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Samoora92 wrote: »
    I just finished Cize and absolutely loved it and today started T25 and it was so hard! It'll get easier right guys?

Yes, working out in general gets easier. After the first couple weeks, I got used to working out, and it became the best part of my day. Now, I want to find challenge myself and find things that are more difficult to do.
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    cize and t25 are so different it will take a while to get used to the structure. but give it a few days and you.'ll get used to the moves and the format and it will get easier. speed 1.0 is a little less intense so you might find it less scary! I now do 2 back to back out of choice! really struggled when I first started. x
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Just completed speed 3.0. Was a little underwhelming to be honest. I much preferred speed 2.

I will give it another go and see but I just didn't feel like it was a speed DVD. It felt more like TBC to me.

Perhaps because I had a fan on which pretty much drowns out the music or perhaps because I drank a lot last night, either way I'm not to sure that this is an improvement on speed 2.0.

Anyhow that's the first day of gamma down. Hope everyone is doing well, keep going!

FOCUS!!
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! Great to hear from all of you. Today I am pushing play in the afternoon because my partner in crime will have some great food at the office for her farewell party and she wants to do two workouts back to back so she can burn all those calories. So, as a good friend, I'll have to go along.

@relneke1992 I would wait until you actually ARE motivated to start. Everytime I started a workout without being super syched about it, I would give up a few days later. Watch a few testimony videos on youtube about T25. Get in the mood. Then find a accountability buddy. That helps so much. Me and my buddy workout together and send each other pictures of our lunch and dinner. Its fun and helps me stay on track.

@RachelRiley87 It is great to be a part of this group now! Since I wasn't here before, what were your results with the full program? And congrats!! Hope things calm down for you a bit.

@holliehatesyou Really?? Just goes to show that we all have our weaknesses and strengths. Lower Focus is fine for me. Hope you killed TBC!

@Samoora92 Yes! It does. But I am still on my third week, and for me it never gets "easy", just "easier". Stay with us!

• holliehatesyou
    Options
    Marinabrazil -- I think I just like all the punching in TBC... haha.
  • cdelgado623
    cdelgado623 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    'I just need an oblique knee push-up!' oh...is that all, Shaun T? I'm doing much better about trying the non modified exercises, like the 180* squat, but I don't see me doing an oblique knee push-up anytume soon. :-)

It's great to see so many people here! Will catch up soon.
  • marinabrazil
    Options
    @cdelgado623 My sentiments exactly! I hate anything that ShaunT asks me to do on plank position. :/
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    'I just need an oblique knee push-up!' oh...is that all, Shaun T? I'm doing much better about trying the non modified exercises, like the 180* squat, but I don't see me doing an oblique knee push-up anytume soon. :-)

Not so much an oblique knee push up as an oblique collapse face down on the floor lol
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

I still can't do a normal push up. When all else fails, I just hold plank.
  • marinabrazil
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! Hope you all are doing your best!

Yesterday was wonderful Speed 1.0 day, so me and my friend added a TurboFire Fire 30, which I love. So, all in all, a fun day.

Me and the husband are moving to the east coast this weekend, so I have no idea how I will put the workout in, but I will have to find a way. Maybe during the 14 hour drive from Chicago to Boston have him stop at a gas station for 25 minutes! :D

Tell us how your workouts are and how the journey has been! Have a great day!
  • holliehatesyou
    Options
    Yesterday was my Speed 1.0 day too and it was (almost) a breeze! Today is my nemesis Lower Focus, but I'm ready to conquer it.
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I did day one of T25 today and found it hard work.

I have about 10lbs to lose but haven't exercised in nearly 3 months when used to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Unfortunately a lot has happened in that time causing the weight gain (comfort eating and all that), but got 2 and half weeks off work to make the most of the food and exercise with no distractions. Looking forward to the challenge! :-)
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Argh - I was due 2nd round of total body circuit this week after I completed my Chalean push circuit - but I'm ashamed to say I sat down for a quick breather and fell asleep on the sofa - for an hour!! :o

I have decided that my body was getting a point across tonight so I will do the workout tomorrow instead and just double up on Friday. At least I walked home from work and did the weights, so not a total right-off....
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I finished T25 maybe a month ago so glad to see the thread still going strong. I've been a slacker the last month with just life responsibilities. Ive been pretty much maintaining who I'll take over gaining weight anyway lol. I've kinda been picking a T25 workout at random on the days I can manage to get something in. But I should be back to a more normal routine now since summer is practically over. I've started going back to the gym, and now trying to figure out if I want to restart T25 or doing something else in addition to my gym workouts.

If I restart T25 I'll check back in here! Keep it up everyone, it's an awesome program!
  • holliehatesyou
    Options
    Had to take an unexpected day off yesterday because of work stuff, so I'm rearranging the schedule to stay on track and it's all okay.

I did Lower Focus today and, weirdly, didn't hate it as much as I have the other times. I mean, my legs are still jelly, but I didn't find it nearly as terrible as I have in the past. Tomorrow's just easy ol' Cardio. Whooo!
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    reclaimmylife4mfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Things are definitely easier in week 2. Speed killed me the first time. Today, it wasn't so bad. I'm also noticing my energy levels increasing during the rest of the day. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I'm sure that will change.
  • marinabrazil
    Options
    hey guyss!!! Good to see everyone doing the best they can do. Woohooo!! Well, today was my first day doing T25 without my friend. I am moving so I won't be able to team up with her anymore, which sucks...I hate exercising by myself. But I will keep motivated.

Today was double Friday of week 3, TBC + Ab intervals. I don't know who was the $%&*%@ that thought these two together would be a good idea. Maybe they just thought, "how can we just kill everyone so they can't sue us by the end of week 3? Oh, I know, lets put TBC and Ab intervals on the same day!! Muahahahaha". Horrible. Good news is tomorrow is day off.

@holliehatesyou I knew you would sympathize with it. Maybe it was psychological because we talked about it, or maybe you are just a whole lot stronger than last week! Have fun with cardio today. You're not doing double Friday?

@nic632 Good job on starting! We all promise it gets easier (not easy!). Just keep at it one day at a time...And we will be here for you!

@Sapphire_Elf You are definitely putting some exercise in! Good job and good luck on the double Friday!

@reclaimmylife4mfp Yay!! Good job! Are you measuring yourself?? I feel a whole lot of difference in that department.