Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Body fat % and cheat day tomorrow

2»

Replies

• joseph4230
    joseph4230 Posts: 80 Member
    Clinically proven means that they ran trials/experiments in a scientific setting to determine whether or not an idea is true or not. But without the proof (aka the research), then anyone can say it.

Weight gain is down to excess calories, yes. So if you stay under your calories, you will not gain weight.

So it's actually not true then? So I can ignore the trans fat = sudden belly fat gain?

Yes I knew it was excess calories that causes weight gain so didn't understand the whole trans fat weight gain thing. For example there's trans fats in all takeaways and I have a curry or kfc every week but kept it in my weekly calories and gained no fat or weight? So this tells me that's not true and I will get a kebab tomorrow night :)
  • joseph4230
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    joseph4230 wrote: »
    It says 'clinically proven' but then does not cite the studies that 'clinically prove it'.

I think you're okay and I feel you are over thinking this.

What does clinically proven mean? Does that mean it's not true? Is it fake?

I mean I find it very hard to believe that trans fats make you gain weight even being under your calories limit because weight gain is down to excess calories right and not trans fats?

Dude...it's one meal...in the grand scheme of things, it's irrelevant regardless.

But the trans fat = sudden belly fat gain is all lies right? As long as you don't consume excess calories you shouldn't gain fat overall?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    So in 6 months,excluding May to June, you have lost 72lbs ?

Yes about that so I think I've done really well, took a 6 week break from end of April to start to middle of June then resumed :)

You surely have lost a good bit of muscle because of such an aggressive drop rate. BF might be higher than you think.
  • joseph4230
    edited August 2016
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    So in 6 months,excluding May to June, you have lost 72lbs ?

Yes about that so I think I've done really well, took a 6 week break from end of April to start to middle of June then resumed :)

You surely have lost a good bit of muscle because of such an aggressive drop rate. BF might be higher than you think.

I haven't lost a lot of muscle to be honest I think I'm lean enough at the moment but I would have lost muscle with all that fat yes but I think I'm lean enough at the minute, the mirror tells me that
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Clinically proven means that they ran trials/experiments in a scientific setting to determine whether or not an idea is true or not. But without the proof (aka the research), then anyone can say it.

Weight gain is down to excess calories, yes. So if you stay under your calories, you will not gain weight.

So it's actually not true then? So I can ignore the trans fat = sudden belly fat gain?

Yes I knew it was excess calories that causes weight gain so didn't understand the whole trans fat weight gain thing. For example there's trans fats in all takeaways and I have a curry or kfc every week but kept it in my weekly calories and gained no fat or weight? So this tells me that's not true and I will get a kebab tomorrow night :)

If you got a curry or KFC with trans fat in it while keeping within your calories and didn't gain fat, then what would make a kebab different? It does not transfer fat. Enjoy your kebab.
  • joseph4230
    edited August 2016

If you got a curry or KFC with trans fat in it while keeping within your calories and didn't gain fat, then what would make a kebab different? It does not transfer fat. Enjoy your kebab.

Exactly! That's what I thought because all takeaway foods have trans fat including KFC and Indians etc whilst keeping within my weekly calorie limit and I didn't gain fat so why would a donner kebab actually be any different is correct, that means I'll be able to have one tomorrow, thank you very much for reassuring me :)

Now the question is shall I order medium or large lol, I left 1250 calories out as planned for my actual meal in my 5000 calories cheat day which will now be the donner kebab but would it have more than this? As a rough estimate how many calories would you say would be in a medium donner kebab and a large donner kebab?

Thank you :)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    why do people fall for trolls so easily

I'm having flashbacks to Mr. Cake Sandwich.
  • joseph4230
    Hi people can i have some advice on something else please

I burn 14,000 calories every week (approx 2000 per day)
    I have heard you can count calories weekly instead of daily in case you have some higher calorie days and some lower calorie days.

Now since Monday when my calories allowance resets once a week I've only consumed 5,900 calories since then with some very low calorie days as I had my Saturday cheat day planned so I have 8,100 calories left until Monday and I want to burn the last 1750 calories for my final half pound of fat as planned as don't want to lose anymore now and I only want to consume 350 calories for tomorrow which is Sunday so 1750+350 = 2100, that leaves 6000 calories left so could I have 6000 calories today and still lose that half a pound and be within my weekly calorie limit?

Also say if I didn't want to lose that half a pound could I have 6000 today and 2100 tomorrow and still maintain if there's 8,100 calories left? Will this not affect me with fat wise or anything?

Thank you
  • joseph4230
    Hi guys, I had my large donner kebab yesterday it was huge lol I logged it at 1600 calories just on the safe side. Would I be able to have a donner kebab every week for my cheat day or is one kebab every week bad and fattening? How frequently? Also I've gone over my weekly maintenance calories by 1000 today will this matter much in regards to fat gains? Thanks
  • joseph4230
    From that one kebab you will have gained exactly 4.95lbs of fat and 2.67" on your waist and ruined all your progress. Trans-fats go straight to your belly as you said.............

You are joking right please? Thst article online mentioned trans fats which is why I mentioned it?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    From that one kebab you will have gained exactly 4.95lbs of fat and 2.67" on your waist and ruined all your progress. Trans-fats go straight to your belly as you said.............

This.

Also it's given your cat feline flu.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    cityruss wrote: »

This.

Also it's given your cat feline flu.

How could I forget about that. OP this is the worst and slows your metabolism down by 76%
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    To get your body fat percentage, try a calculator like this:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/metric-body-fat-calculator.php

I'm linking the metric version since it's supposed to be more accurate than the imperial version. It uses a formula developed by the Royal Navy to estimate a person's body fat based on weight and waist size [also wrist size, hip size and forearm size for females]. Again, this is an estimate, but it should be accurate within 5%.
  • joseph4230
    90lr5v7livkr.jpg
  • joseph4230
    Can people please estimate my current body fat percentage from the above two pictures? I can still pinch a bit of fat on my sides and a tiny bit on the stomach? I'm 9st 8lb right now but want to cut to 9st by Christmas losing 0.5lb a week will that fat go if I do this? Thanks
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.