Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cheat weekend whilst maintaining weight

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Edited to change my post as I see now you want to eat at a calorie deficit to loose .5/lbs a week now and no longer want to maintain?

If I read this right, then create your calorie deficit to loose .5 pounds and do that.

Distribute your macros according to your fitness and activity levels, the protein at .8 gr/lb is good. If you choose to "sort of fast" two days to indulge on the weekends, that is fine too.. You really can do this anyway you want to that satisfies your lifestyle.

Should you not reap the results that you are looking for in your fitness. body composition and weight loss goals, change it accordingly..
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    1) Set protein to 0.8-1.2g/lb of bodyweight
    2)Yes that will be fine, training is muscle sparing
    3)Calorie cycling is fine if you can stick to it
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    18 year old male with a goal weight of 9 stone (126lbs) ?

How tall are you?
  • joseph4230
    joseph4230 Posts: 80 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Edited to change my post as I see now you want to eat at a calorie deficit to loose .5/lbs a week now and no longer want to maintain?

If I read this right, then create your calorie deficit to loose .5 pounds and do that.

Distribute your macros according to your fitness and activity levels, the protein at .8 gr/lb is good. If you choose to "sort of fast" two days to indulge on the weekends, that is fine too.. You really can do this anyway you want to that satisfies your lifestyle.

Should you not reap the results that you are looking for in your fitness. body composition and weight loss goals, change it accordingly..

Great thank you :)
  • joseph4230

Would this be a minimum of 0.8g per lb of body weight or lean body mass? I heard it was lean body mass as you only preserve the pounds you weigh in the lean mass and not the pounds you weigh in fat or something?

And that's great thanks :)
  • joseph4230
    sijomial wrote: »

How tall are you?

I'm 5ft 7in 170cm
  • sijomial
    joseph4230 wrote: »

How tall are you?

I'm 5ft 7in 170cm

That's pretty light for your height - definitely don't go for a big deficit. You are training hard so need to support that with good nutrition and sufficient calories.
    Good advice from @trigden1991
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member

Would this be a minimum of 0.8g per lb of body weight or lean body mass? I heard it was lean body mass as you only preserve the pounds you weigh in the lean mass and not the pounds you weigh in fat or something?

And that's great thanks :)

Personally I go for total bodyweight for a number of reasons. As long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight though. Whatever you can be consistent with is best though.
  • joseph4230
    edited August 2016

How tall are you?

I'm 5ft 7in 170cm

That's pretty light for your height - definitely don't go for a big deficit. You are training hard so need to support that with good nutrition and sufficient calories.

Yes it is but 9 stone is my goal weight by Christmas as I still have a bit of body fat I think I'm about 14% but wanna cut to about 10%-11% by Christmas I've not lost all the fat yet. I don't want to lose 1lb a week as I feel this is too much for me with only little more fat to lose and not only that I won't be able to have a cheat weekend losing 1lb.

So would losing 0.5lb a week be fine as then I can have a cheat weekend whilst calorie cycling on some days to eat loads more on the weekends?

Thank you
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member

How tall are you?

I'm 5ft 7in 170cm

Why so small? That right at the bottom end. Are you trying to achieve a particular boxing weight?
  • joseph4230
    ouryve wrote: »

How tall are you?

I'm 5ft 7in 170cm

Why so small? That right at the bottom end. Are you trying to achieve a particular boxing weight?

No its not that I'm trying to achieve a particular boxing weight it's because I'm about 14% body fat and wanna get down to about 10%-11% I can still pinch a good bit of fat on my sides and a small bit on my stomach
  • sijomial

How tall are you?

I'm 5ft 7in 170cm

Yes it is but 9 stone is my goal weight by Christmas as I still have a bit of body fat I think I'm about 14% but wanna cut to about 10%-11% by Christmas I've not lost all the fat yet. I don't want to lose 1lb a week as I feel this is too much for me with only little more fat to lose and not only that I won't be able to have a cheat weekend losing 1lb.

So would losing 0.5lb a week be fine as then I can have a cheat weekend whilst calorie cycling on some days to eat loads more on the weekends?

Thank you

At 18 I could add muscle really, really quickly at maintenance which would give different options. You are a prime age to make remarkable progress if you train hard.
    Personally I wouldn't be comfortable at your current BMI let alone lighter and would train myself up rather than diet myself down. But that's a personal choice you have to make.

Stop worrying about differences in daily calories - it makes bugger all difference. There's loads of people that thrive on all sorts of eating patterns including many and varied fasting routines for example. We are very adaptable!
    If you find a certain pattern of eating over the course of a week works for you in term of adherence then that's fine.

• joseph4230
    My current normal weight is 61kg, went 1000 calories over my maintenance last week on my cheat weekend I went up to 64kg because of carbs/sodium/salt etc but I weighed myself just now and I'm back to 61kg.

How's that possible if I went 1000 calories over last week's weekly budget? Does that mean you need to constantly and consistently eat at a calorie surplus everyday for weeks before you gain weight?

Thanks
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

How tall are you?

I'm 5ft 7in 170cm

You're around the same height as me, and yet i wont go below 143lbs. I'm assuming your main aim is to be thin, right? You're not interested in bulking/gaining muscle?
  • joseph4230

How tall are you?

I'm 5ft 7in 170cm

You're around the same height as me, and yet i wont go below 143lbs. I'm assuming your main aim is to be thin, right? You're not interested in bulking/gaining muscle?

Yes that's right I just want to be thin but would like to see my abs a little bit?
  • Christine_72

How tall are you?

I'm 5ft 7in 170cm

Yes that's right I just want to be thin but would like to see my abs a little bit?

The being thin plus seeing your abs is beyond my scope of knowledge. But i would think this would involve at least some weight training.
  • joseph4230

How tall are you?

I'm 5ft 7in 170cm

The being thin plus seeing your abs is beyond my scope of knowledge. But i would think this would involve at least some weight training.

I am weight training 4 times a week for an hour each. I can see my abs under the lighting by slouching a bit so I'm getting there. I posted a new thread today with 2 pictures can you estimate my body fat percentage please and tell me what you think of my look etc? Thanks
  • Christine_72
    Well you seem to be on the right track with your weight training. I'll try and find your other thread.
  • joseph4230
    Well you seem to be on the right track with your weight training. I'll try and find your other thread.

Thank you. It's the thread I posted today with 2 pictures.
  • Christine_72
    Sweetheart do you want my honest opinion? I agree with the others on your picture thread, I think you need to gain weight not lose it. Even the most muscular guys on the planet can pinch their skin/fat. Are you sure what you're feeling isn't just normal skin?
    I would post more pictures, full frontal (not meaning nude lol), full back and side pics if you want more precise body fat % 'estimates'. At a guess i'd say around 12-13%.