Insanity Workout

Options
Hi my name is Roxi. Is anyone else doing the insanity workout? Im on day 3, i have just finished the Cardio and Resistance and im litterally peeling myself off the floor after the work out. I thought id hate it... but im really enjoying it!! Would be good to hear other peoples experiances with it. Anyone well into it? I can already see changes my thighs especially

Replies

• haitham789
    haitham789 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Roxi, I just started week 4 of insanity workout. The first time I finished insanity I was grateful that I was still alive.... Until know I lost nearly 9 pounds with a high protein low carb diet including 2 protein diet shakes a day. It is tough, but I started to enjoy and think that I will continue insanity even after the 63 days. It takes you to your unknown limits
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I loved it! Love shaun t!!!

Gained 2lbs by the end of it but lost inches!
  • RoxiM2016
    RoxiM2016 Posts: 32 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi, yes i was grateful to ive never done anything that pushes you so much. Ive made big changes in the last 5 days an feel loads better. Would drink and have takeaway friday an saturday nights, i smoked and water was not in my vocabulary haha. ive stopped doing all 3 and started drinking plenty of water. Food wise ive started making everything fresh rather than using jars. When i tell people what i weigh no one cant believe it but its all on the hips an thighs an hidden with baggy stuff. So im hoping insanity will combat them areas. Looking at my thighs after 3 days i think this is defo not going to be a problem :smile:
  • RoxiM2016
    Options
    Hi Tavistock Toad im assuming the gain is muscle mass tho and not fat. So win!! Well done for completing it!! What do you do now you have finished? I know theres other insanitys out that are even harder...if thats even possible!
  • deedee1709
    deedee1709 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Roxi, I just finished week 2 today since I start the exercise on sundays. And what it taught me is not to believe the scale but the inches that you lost. I do try not to pause it and when I get tired in the middle of the exercise , I just count to 5 and take it from there . I didn't see much change on the scale but I saw the changes when I measure every part of my body .
    As for the diet, I am not following their diet plan but I am just trying to eat clean and drink lots of water .
  • gregsbutler13
    gregsbutler13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started with INSANITY and it was an incredible experience. It was a little rough on the knees so I had to modify certain moves, but overall it was an amazing program. I ended up losing 15lbs, but almost 29 inches off my body in 2 months. I've since moved on to INSANITY Max:30, but I will make my way back around to a 2nd round of that program for sure. Where my shirt with pride :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    RoxiM2016 wrote: »
    Hi Tavistock Toad im assuming the gain is muscle mass tho and not fat. So win!! Well done for completing it!! What do you do now you have finished? I know theres other insanitys out that are even harder...if thats even possible!

I did p90x3 after insanity, and now I run for my cardio
  • RoxiM2016
    Options
    Brilliant guys!
    Deedee1709 yes ive learnt not to rely on scales to much. Tho i did lose another 2lb this morning. I cant help but feel great when the scale goes down! But def relying more on inches lost. I cant post a week on insanity day1 and day6 photo on the forum as it wont let me. But there was no change on scales at the point but youcould see very clear there had been change

Gregsbutler13 yes ive had to modify some of the press ups. Tho i couldnt do on on day 1 an i can do quiet a few now. Yes wear your shirt with pride you deserve it!!
  • Dali032484
    Dali032484 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi :-) I just finished week 6 today. This is my first round and all I have to say is "wow" what a program! So happy that you are losing weight! How many calories are you eating? I found out I wasn't eating enough so I increased my food intake to 1800-1900. Overall I am very pleased with this program.
  • RoxiM2016
    Options
    Dali032484 wrote: »
    Hi :-) I just finished week 6 today. This is my first round and all I have to say is "wow" what a program! So happy that you are losing weight! How many calories are you eating? I found out I wasn't eating enough so I increased my food intake to 1800-1900. Overall I am very pleased with this program.

Hi Dali032484 week 6! Wow im on cardio recovery week 2 tomorrow, mfp tells me to eat 1200 A day. But with exercise that extends to 1600-1700. Im currently on 6 week holidays from work. But once i get back my calorie burn will be much higher as i walk fast to work an it takes me 40-50 mins to get there depending on how fast i go. So i expect the second month of insanity will be even better than the first with the added exercise.
  • RoxiM2016
    Options
    I have done Insanity a few times. It is my all time favorite video workout for cardio, and I have done several. When I first started doing Insanity, I completed the workouts with lots of modifications. Now when I pop in a video to break up my routines I'm happy to say I can keep up....for the most part...with the cast aka the machines! Probably being almost 45 pounds less helps. Have fun with it and keep going.

Thats so good! Aww its fab seeing how many people enjoy it
    Not heard anyone say a bad thing!
  • Dali032484
    Options
    Roxi! Yes, during the first month I was eating between 1500-1700 but the second month plus my usual walks during lunch hour demand more food! And yes, MFP puts me at 1200 but I used the Harris Benedict equation to find out what my BMR is so I can eat at that level when I'm not working out and also use that number as a goal. That's why Insanity has me eating 1800-1900 calories. My BMR is actually 1368 so I changed MFP's 1200 to 1368 and am trying to meet that number. It's going awesome! There are other MFP users doing the program and they are also losing tons of weight and getting a toned body. We motivate one another to press play and meet our goals every day. It really helps a lot!
  • Dali032484
    Options
    Also, how many calories do you burn? During the first month I'd burn anywhere between 440 and 330. But the second month has me burning 550. I've NEVER, ever burned that many calories in 55 minutes lol. And I'm not sure this happens to you but these workouts leave me flat on the floor, dripping in sweat....every single time lol!
  • tleach40
    tleach40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting the insanity workout again. I'd like to have some motivation. Friend me if you want some too.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Love Insanity. It's one of my favorite workouts. I'm doing Cize right now. It's not too bad. I love pretty much any Shaun T workout.
  • wezaddison01
    wezaddison01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is my first time doing insanity and it is truly insane but i love it. Half way through week 6 and i agree with Dali, you need the calories otherwise you simply wont get through especially in month 2. The changes you see will be big but i suggest you hide the scales, they are not your friend. Ive levelled off in weight the last couple of weeks but im still seeing changes in my body. Id suggest taking pictures to compare and measurements, thats what will keep you motivated.
  • RoxiM2016
    Options
    Dali032484 wrote: »
    Also, how many calories do you burn? During the first month I'd burn anywhere between 440 and 330. But the second month has me burning 550. I've NEVER, ever burned that many calories in 55 minutes lol. And I'm not sure this happens to you but these workouts leave me flat on the floor, dripping in sweat....every single time lol!

Sorry for late reply. Its school holidays an ive been entertaining the kids haha. Im not 100% accurate with the calorie burn
    As i dont have a fitbit or anything. I must get one. I use the insanity calorie calculator. Just as a rough figure to put in mfp. And its usually between 295 and 400 depending on the worlout. YES! i peel myself of the floor. I couldnt do a push up when i started id just fall flat!! Now i can go half way down and complete the sets. Im hoping by the end i can do a full push up and complete the set. I find alot of the plank work hard but i have no upper body strength :neutral: You sound like you really enjoy it. Me 2 i think thats why im sticking to it. Its a challange an i want to beat it! Xx
  • RoxiM2016
    Options
    tleach40 wrote: »
    I am just starting the insanity workout again. I'd like to have some motivation. Friend me if you want some too.

Will add you now x
  • RoxiM2016
    Options
    mabearof6 wrote: »
    Love Insanity. It's one of my favorite workouts. I'm doing Cize right now. It's not too bad. I love pretty much any Shaun T workout.

Yea i love it! And i dont know why cause before i hated working out ! I think its cause its so hard. Ie if you go gym you go as fast or as slow as you want. But with this i feel like i have to push myself to not be beaten by a dvd :smiley: