Back on the Wagon!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,785 Member
    Options
    It's Monday....new day...new week...fresh start.
    Let's make it fun today! What fun thing are you going to accomplish today? It can be anything you've been dying to do...or just something that brings a smile to your face.

<3 Jill
  • 71lmf
    71lmf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Got my iPod ready and I'm putting on my shoes - heading out for a walk before work (desk job) - not dying to to do it but I do feel better afterwards :wink:

:blush: Leanne
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    I'm so glad you enjoyed your wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary!
    My husband and I will be married 21 years September 23rd. <3:):)<3 Time flies when you're having fun!

Thank you - and congratulations! Hopefully we're still going as strong as you are in twenty years!
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    Let's make it fun today! What fun thing are you going to accomplish today? It can be anything you've been dying to do...or just something that brings a smile to your face.

I like this theme-of-the-day! Not exactly a "fun" thing, but I am determined to finish a design job I've had sitting on my plate for some time now so that I can tick it off my to-do list. I'm also going on an hour-long walk to the shops for milk (there are closer shops, of course, but I need the exercise) and might buy something fun while I'm there. I've been loving these guys for easy, low-calorie snacks - might get some more of them!
    71lmf wrote: »
    Got my iPod ready and I'm putting on my shoes - heading out for a walk before work (desk job) - not dying to to do it but I do feel better afterwards :wink:

Congratulations! Way to fit in exercise. It's especially nice early in the morning so that you can relax for the rest of the day knowing you've already accomplished it. Well done!
  • jm216
    Options

Awesome Leanne... A great mood boost!
  • jm216
    Options
    Jeyradan wrote: »

I like this theme-of-the-day! Not exactly a "fun" thing, but I am determined to finish a design job I've had sitting on my plate for some time now so that I can tick it off my to-do list. I'm also going on an hour-long walk to the shops for milk (there are closer shops, of course, but I need the exercise) and might buy something fun while I'm there. I've been loving these guys for easy, low-calorie snacks - might get some more of them!

Congratulations! Way to fit in exercise. It's especially nice early in the morning so that you can relax for the rest of the day knowing you've already accomplished it. Well done!

You'll be going strong for 20 years! I know you will.
  • jm216
    Options
    My fun activity today will be to cut the grass. I love it because I love to be outside in spite of the crazy humidity we can't seem to shake. Let's hope the rain holds off until this evening.
  • jm216
    Options
    Mowed the grass and feeling dog tired... But happy. My brain says I can do more....like weed and trim the giant bush in the yard... But the body says....nope...you're good. :D
  • jm216
    Options
    Were you able to squeeze in something fun today?
  • jm216
    Options
    Today's challenge is to log all food. We can do this!
  • 71lmf
    Options

I don't know - it's my very least favourite part of this journey ;)
  • jm216
    Options

My least favorite too! :smile:
    We can do this for today...
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    My least favorite too! :smile:

I'm the odd one out here - I like the logging, because it makes me feel more sure of myself and reassures me that I'm doing the right things for my goals. Without the logs, I'd constantly be worrying, "Is this too much? Is this too little? Am I making the right choices? Am I being healthy enough?"

That said, I wish I could just magically have everything logged without having to actually do it myself...
  • jm216
    Options
    Hanging onto the wagon by a thread here people.
    I need Jey's inspiration to get back to consistent logging... Not just breakfast and lunch.

More veggies and fruits are my goal, too.

What helps you lose weight?
  • Jeyradan
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hanging onto the wagon by a thread here people.
    I need Jey's inspiration to get back to consistent logging... Not just breakfast and lunch.

You can definitely do it! Things that help me when I'm not in the mood to log:
    • food that doesn't have many ingredients, so that you can minimize what you have to log
    • batch-cooking meals and entering them into the "my meals" or "my recipes" sections of MyFitnessPal when you prepare them, so it only takes a couple of clicks and no brainpower to enter them when you eat them
    • preparing the ingredients for a meal the night before and logging them then, so it's over and done with and at dinnertime all you have to do is cook and eat
    • chilled or frozen ready meals that are already in the database (so you get a mix of foods, but only have to log one item because the meal is a single unit)
    • if you're better off financially than I am, eating out at a restaurant that has nutritional data available, so you can log before you go or after you come back without having to weigh or measure anything

More veggies and fruits are my goal, too.
    What helps you lose weight?

Low-calorie fruits and vegetables are fantastic for weight loss. For the last week, I've been having incredibly filling lunches based just on those. I've been eating a serving of the watermelon gazpacho I mentioned earlier along with a bowl of veggies because I like having something warm: butternut squash, carrots, sugar snap peas, green beans, courgette, leek... you can have anything you like. Pumpkin, broccoli and cauliflower are great and really filling, too.

In terms of fruits, I know that most kinds of melons and berries are low in calories. (For instance, 100 g of canary melon has 34 calories - not bad!) Stone fruits also tend to be pretty low. I'm attaching a "fruit scale" I made a while ago from the MFP database, which ranks a lot of different fruit types in order from lowest to highest calorie counts per 100 g. Maybe it'll help you!

3hox5bc5g9db.png
  • jm216
    Options
    You rock, Jeyradan! Thanks for all of your great ideas!
  • jm216
    Options
    Day 1 of returning to complete and honest logging.... Yes, I often cheat at it. :o

I even decided to do some Yoga instead of taking a nap.

Good choices today. How was your day?
  • jm216
    Options
    Down a pound from yesterday....logged every morsel... Feeling good about my efforts.

Yoga is a better stress reliever than chips!
    Happy Friday!
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    Down a pound from yesterday....logged every morsel... Feeling good about my efforts.

Yoga is a better stress reliever than chips!
    Happy Friday!

Way to go!

Sometimes, when I get home from work, I'm hungry - but I don't want to eat for an hour or so because that's when my husband gets home and we like having dinner together. So I'll do some exercise to earn a little snack if I don't have the calories left... and by the time I'm done the exercise, I don't feel hungry anymore. Double win!
  • 71lmf
    Options
    @jm216 Yay! Great job!

Yes @Jeyradan - you have a lot awesome tips - thanks!

I'm not logging here but I am journaling (I'm a pen to paper kind of gal!)
    I like to add pictures, notes and quotes - things that motivate me.

A couple of NSV's to share:
    I passed up ice cream when we took the kids out (and wasn't bitter about it! lol!)
    I'm walking 3-4 km daily
    My rings fell off at work the other day (was going to have them sized bigger a month or so ago!)

I'm feeling good!