Anybody else not care how much they weigh as long as they lo

Scott613
Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
edited 12:02PM in Success Stories
I don't really give a damn about my numbers!!! I just want to look good naked and be able to hang in anything athletic I do. That's pretty much it as for how much I weigh it doesn't matter. If I'm 220lbs or 180lbs to me it's just a number I'm not too concerned about.

Replies

• LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    I hear ya! I don't really care about the numbers on the scale so much but I know approximately what weight I feel the best so that's my goal. However, most girls have a number obsession and we sometimes get caught up in it. You are lookin' hot BTW :love:
  • Scott613
    Guess I'm the only one oh well I'll be the different one.
  • Scott613
    Yeah some people don't realize when you start putting on a little muscle and are losing fat your numbers won't change as drastically as you thought. As long as your healthy and happy numbers are just numbers!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Looking good naked is a nice perk, but I don't care how much I weigh as long as I stay healthy.
  • Totally agree that it is how you look, how healthy you are, and how much body fat you're carrying that matters. I'm looking at numbers right now, but that's because I really can't work out very much right now due to an injury and know I don't have much in the way of muscle mass right now, when I am working out, I understand that muscle can add some pounds, but it is how I look, and how clothes fit that matter.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Yup totally agree I used to be stuck on the number when I started but its been a while since I cared what the scale says. If only my abs would listen to me I would be happy but they are stubborn!!! :grumble:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    As I get closer to a healthy weight for my height I will definitely not care about the numbers. Looking good naked is #1 priority for me. (and that doesn't = super skinny either)... but for now, I'm so far overweight that keeping some numbers in mind will help me stay on track. I figure once I'm down 60#, I'll be within about 20 pounds of my healthy BMI and then I'll stop worrying at all about the scale.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I do care what the scale says - but I also know that I want to love how I look naked, in clothes... whatever. I want to be proud of what I see in the mirror. THAT is more important than a number on the scale - but, let's face it... it's hard to eliminate the "scale obsession" no matter how hard we try. We all want to look down and see a great number staring back at us.
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    I agree, that's why I removed my ticker and my signature is a list of the runs I've done/doing this year. I just wanna look "fit", feel happy, and keep that glint going in my husbands eyes
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    I totally hear what you're saying! I think the only number I really care about is my BF% though cause that gets rid of those unsightly bumps and bulges around your body. I don't really care what my BF% is as long as it's low enough that I don't have any unwanted fat and just lean muscle. But working out definitely makes you feel & look better so I'm on a high from that right now. It makes you stand up straighter and walk more confidently which can take def take a few pounds off of your appearance.
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Right there with ya! When I was 27lbs lighter last year, people could still not believe how much I did weigh. I'm 5'4" and I have very muscular thighs - doesn't help - but they weigh more. It was more important to me that I was in a size 4/6 and healthy!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    I don't really give a damn about my numbers!!! I just want to look good naked and be able to hang in anything athletic I do. That's pretty much it as for how much I weigh it doesn't matter. If I'm 220lbs or 180lbs to me it's just a number I'm not too concerned about.

I'LL DRINK TO THAT :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I started setting my 'goals' at pounds or inches lost, because honestly, I just want to feel sexy again and the number on the scale means nothing to me.
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    I think eventually you (hopefully I) will get to a point that it doesn't matter what the scale says. But, let's face it. In the beginning before you can tell a difference in your clothes or what not, the scale is all we have to go by that we are at least doing something right.
    Of course, the drawback of relying too heavily on scales is that your body fluctuates and it can throw me into a tailspin if I gain 3 pounds overnight and know I didn't do anything.
    I told my Dr. my scales were possessed. I know I should just throw them out with yesterday's newspaper. But, I haven't been able to bring myself to do it.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Right now the scale is just a metric I use to measure my progress. Once I am happy with the way I look and feel, I could give a *kitten* what the scale says.
  • Jenny_Bee
    Jenny_Bee Posts: 102
    Right now the scale is just a metric I use to measure my progress. Once I am happy with the way I look and feel, I could give a *kitten* what the scale says.

It's true. I won't feel good about the way I look until I reach that number, because I know I looked good when I used to be that number. But sometimes, the numbers can be dangerous as we begin to obsess over them, or get upset when we can't reach an unrealistic goal.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    I want to have muscles, be fit, run fast and for a long time, jump higher than whoever i am with, have an hour glass figure and wear shorts without worry about cellulite. I want to rock a party dress and feel confident.

So yah the scale is not a big deal if it doesnt move unless it goes way up.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Looking good naked is a must! lol
  • Scott613
    I want to have muscles, be fit, run fast and for a long time, jump higher than whoever i am with, have an hour glass figure and wear shorts without worry about cellulite. I want to rock a party dress and feel confident.

So yah the scale is not a big deal if it doesnt move unless it goes way up.

My thoughts exactly!!!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    I can say that right now I can do anything I want physically so I'm excited and happy..as for looking good naked..plastic surgery and lots and lots of toning..and another 40-50lbs gone would help that out. Lol..But really compared to where I was 2 years ago I am amazed and so proud of myself..I hiked 16km at the front of the pack most of the way this past weekend..and I wasn't hardly tired! Not out of breath, or overly sweaty..it was fabulous!
  • what does CW mean on weight loss goals?
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!