The Tummy "Overhang" ...Give me inspiration!

Options
124»

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Yanicka1 wrote: »
    After giving birth to kid number 6

11614737_93.jpg

Now

11614737_8128.jpg

I can't see your pictures but would love to. Can everyone else see them?
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    234lbs to 186.5lbs (and counting) from February 2016 to now. I'm 5' 4".
    I went from a very tight size 18 jeans to a comfortable size 12.

o6t7a2t34uua.jpg

It seems to have just gone down over time? Although my stomach is loose, it doesn't hang as much as I expected it would. The body is a strange thing!

Just lose the weight slowly and steadily. Not rapidly!

HOLY BUCKETS!! You look awesome. I'm guessing you're much taller than my 5'3"?

Fantastic, especially for 6 months. Your after is my goal. You look curvy and toned.
  • Adventuretown
    Adventuretown Posts: 120 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    234lbs to 186.5lbs (and counting) from February 2016 to now. I'm 5' 4".
    I went from a very tight size 18 jeans to a comfortable size 12.

o6t7a2t34uua.jpg

It seems to have just gone down over time? Although my stomach is loose, it doesn't hang as much as I expected it would. The body is a strange thing!

Just lose the weight slowly and steadily. Not rapidly!

HOLY BUCKETS!! You look awesome. I'm guessing you're much taller than my 5'3"?

Fantastic, especially for 6 months. Your after is my goal. You look curvy and toned.

Awwww <3
    Thank you so much. I truly had to change my mind/mindset before I could tackle my body. And now that I have, there's just no stopping.

I'm actually 5' 4" :) And weigh 186.5 lbs as of this am.

I had an InBody body composition analysis done and I have an extremely high skeletal muscle mass of 36%, so whenever I "compare" myself to other girls the same clothing size as me, I'm always 20lbs heavier than them.

It was super discouraging without realizing why I was always so much heavier than "expected", however with the hard numbers in front of me, this journey has become less about a specific number on the scale and more about being happy with what I look like and when I decide to stop losing and start maintaining.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh my. I didn't even see that you put your height in the original! I'm within 5 lbs of your start weight, maybe there's hope for me yet!

are you doing any specific workout? I assume you're probably lifting given your muscle mass.
  • Adventuretown
    Adventuretown Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh my. I didn't even see that you put your height in the original! I'm within 5 lbs of your start weight, maybe there's hope for me yet!

are you doing any specific workout? I assume you're probably lifting given your muscle mass.

My muscle mass was surprisingly still pretty high even before I started this journey in February. (29%).. As the scale has gone down (and my body fat % has gone from 46% to 36%), the actual number of pounds of muscle I have has stayed mostly consistent (plus or minus a pound or two), which has made it a greater proportion of my overall composition.

I'm going to Orangetheory FItness 2-3 times a week, and then going to the regular gym on the days in between. I do a split of 30 min cardio and 30-45 min of weights. I don't have a set program for those "in between" days other than working the muscle groups that aren't sore from previous day. hahaha.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The technical term, I believe, is "apron". When I was younger and had lost significant weight, my overhang decreased. Now at 60+, the fold is emptying, but the skin doesn't shrink and the apron is hanging down lower. This is due to the skin being stretched out and losing its elasticity (which is a part of aging). My doctor said that to get rid of this will take surgery. I'll decide on that when the time comes, but it is already uncomfortable since it is skin laying against skin (where it shouldn't be) and the weather is hot. Like people are saying, lose the weight. I'll deal with the other stuff if and when I need to.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    scibba wrote: »
    Two c-sections and I had my second child 4 years ago at 40 years old. Just find an exercise program that you enjoy doing! I did Jillian michael's extreme shred and shed, 30 day shred, Insanity and soon to finish T25. A healthy diet and exercise will tighten it up! You can do it

insanity3.jpg

Awesome job!!!!!!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    2 c-sections. Start weight 250 lbs, 117 lbs now, down 133 lbs.

2d9wcw.jpg

6ep3zn.jpg

Good lord!!!!! Wow
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Incredible :o
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    All awesome transformations, you women are so inspiring!!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!