Options
13»

Replies

• jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    jmt08c wrote: »
    mjudd1990 wrote: »
    Unless you have AIDS or are on chronic immunosuppressive drugs then you aren't going to have an overgrowth of candida. Healthy women get candidal vaginitis (yeast infection) because the pH of the vaginal canal alters the microbiota. Babies can also get oral/esophageal candiasis due to poor cell mediated immunity. This phenomenon doesn't occur in your intestines. There isn't any good support in the medical literature for "candida overgrowth." It's a fad that quacks use to scam people.

So then I must be a medical anomaly because I am not on immune system depressing drugs and do not have AIDS or a vagina. The lab must have been in on the deception as well because they told me I had the presence of candida in my bloodstream. But hey, I'm sure you're right.

So what did the lab recommend after they found your candida? Did they have anything to help treat it besides diet?

My Dr. prescribed flucanozole (1 pill) and told me to take it and then go sweat. Helped for about 2-3 weeks but then all of my symptoms came back worse than ever. The only thing that has helped is changing my diet and avoiding alcohol like the black plague over the past few months.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    mjnrs386 wrote: »
    I was diagnosed with SIBO and candida. It's really really difficult to stay ahead of it if you fall off the wagon. The best thing I've ever been able to do is switch from empty carbs like bread and excessive sugar in coffee, over to fruit and honey. Starving the candida just makes the cravings so much worse. I'm pretty much modified paleo diet, if anyone has similar goals and wants to add me, feel free.

You swapped sugar to a sugar, how would that help?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    mjudd1990 wrote: »
    Unless you have AIDS or are on chronic immunosuppressive drugs then you aren't going to have an overgrowth of candida. Healthy women get candidal vaginitis (yeast infection) because the pH of the vaginal canal alters the microbiota. Babies can also get oral/esophageal candiasis due to poor cell mediated immunity. This phenomenon doesn't occur in your intestines. There isn't any good support in the medical literature for "candida overgrowth." It's a fad that quacks use to scam people.

So then I must be a medical anomaly because I am not on immune system depressing drugs and do not have AIDS or a vagina. The lab must have been in on the deception as well because they told me I had the presence of candida in my bloodstream. But hey, I'm sure you're right.

So what did the lab recommend after they found your candida? Did they have anything to help treat it besides diet?

My Dr. prescribed flucanozole (1 pill) and told me to take it and then go sweat. Helped for about 2-3 weeks but then all of my symptoms came back worse than ever. The only thing that has helped is changing my diet and avoiding alcohol like the black plague over the past few months.

Is your doctor a naturopath?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons the word "candida" raises my hackles, is when i got sucked into using the mlm scam Plexus, their big spiel was that everyone is riddled with it and using plexus will cure them. It was also the first line of defense when customers complained of not losing weight while using plexus, "Keep going, as soon as you kill the candida, you will start losing weight" Pffffftttt what a load of BS!
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just had a upper endoscopy for GI issues and Hpylori and yeast where found. I'm not on any steroid, inhalers, or immunocompromised. Healthy female, other then the GI stuff.
    I'm on 2 week course of meds for Hpylori and then another week of difucan for yeast.
  • Shovelita
    Shovelita Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So only doctors can diagnose an illness, but people in the comments section can undiagnose it. Naturopaths are unreliable sources of info, but you should definitely listen to people online who've never met you and kind of think you're a liar. Right.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Shovelita wrote: »
    So only doctors can diagnose an illness, but people in the comments section can undiagnose it. Naturopaths are unreliable sources of info, but you should definitely listen to people online who've never met you and kind of think you're a liar. Right.

Umm, Necro Thread Alert! It's an interesting topic, but I think you're calling out supporting people who are long gone...

eta: sorry, I misread the intent of your comment
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    The key to getting rid of candida is the GAPS diet, not the candida diet.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I know a girl named Candida. True story.

There's a GB Shaw play about a woman named Candida called "Candida." Shaw was a vegetarian. So...

It is, in fact, a name, from the latin adjective candidus (white).
    Has anybody on here read Candide, ou l'Optimisme, by Voltaire?
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I know a girl named Candida. True story.

There's a GB Shaw play about a woman named Candida called "Candida." Shaw was a vegetarian. So...

It is, in fact, a name, from the latin adjective candidus (white).
    Has anybody on here read Candide, ou l'Optimisme, by Voltaire?

I have!