How often do you weigh yourself

Options

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I have a Aria Fitbit scale, and it automatically syncs to MFP & trendweight.com.
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    daily and log a weekly average in MyFitnessPal.
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Daily. But I only count and input my lowest weight of the month. I'll input more than one weight if I fall in weight more than once that month. This way I'm less scared of time of the month and sodium fluctuations.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Once a week. If I change my calorie intake, I'll do so once a day for a period of time, then go back to once a week.
  • MeganCannon
    MeganCannon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. It keeps me grounded to know my bodies fluctuations and just how quickly weight can be put on.
  • blackaheep4288
    blackaheep4288 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in day is the 18th when I'm at my dr apt. I do weigh in daily at home but don't count any weight loss until I see it my drs scale.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Once a week is plenty for me. I'm not quite the numbers/stats nerd that others are I guess haha.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Daily. Right after I get up and right before bed, always. Occasionally through the day if I'm curious. Patterns are interesting! I've noticed I tend to be heaviest in the evening. Makes sense to me; after sleep it's been hours since I last ate!
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    I started weighing every day to look for patterns, but I have an official weigh day once a week and I measure myself weekly as well.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    When I first started my diet I weighed myself every day to follow the patterns however now I just do it 2-3 times a week.
  • Khaliae
    Khaliae Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    .. 2 - 3 times a day ... I might be slightly obsessed ..
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Even in maintenance I step on the scales most days - I used to track my fluctuations on an app but I've been maintaining for so long now I don't even bother with that.

It is routine for me to check my weight regardless. (it was not stepping on the scales at all was the main reason I got fat in the first place - despite my clothes no longer fitting I was in denial)
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    As title says. How often do you weigh yourself?

Daily, first thing in the morning, and log it on weightgrapher so I can follow the overall trend. I also record once a week in an accountability thread in a MFP group.

• OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Once a week or every two weeks. My weight fluctuates so much with fluid retention that it's discouraging to weigh every day!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Every morning before consuming any water/food and after the bathroom, to give me a consistent dry weight. I plot all these weights on a graph along with an overall trend line & moving average. Oh and yes, I love spreadsheets!!
  • mrflipmode
    mrflipmode Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Every day , too see if my weight is going up, it's not though, damn !
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The gym weighs and meassures me once a month. Pre-gym I use to weigh once every two weeks. Because the scale is a liar, and I don't trust it. It's a conspiracy I tell you!! **runs and hides in dark corner**
  • sophia1984
    sophia1984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    am i the only one who gets discouraged by the scale? even if i shed some lbs i still get sad lol maybe it's cuz im not at my ideal weight
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    sophia1984 wrote: »
    am i the only one who gets discouraged by the scale? even if i shed some lbs i still get sad lol maybe it's cuz im not at my ideal weight

Yes!

I was becoming absolutely obsessed with my weight and was making poor nutritional choices because of the impact on the stupid bloody number.

So I changed it round. My goal is not around weight, it's around training for a 100 mile bike ride later this year, and getting in shape for a triathlon next year. I've put my scales in the bottom of my wardrobe, and have resolved to only weigh and measure myself once a month, including blood pressure.

Weight is now a lagging indicator. I'm finding I can train harder because I'm eating better. I easily stick within my calorie limits, and am not obsessed with watching a number go up and down depending on what I've eaten the night before.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Once a month, in the morning, before I shower.