Deadlift question for MEN ONLY

Options
DopeItUp
DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
I'm having an issue crushing the hell out of my twig and berries on deadlifts. My poor boys can't handle much more. Should I wear some protection? Tell my frank and beans to stop being so delicate or what?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    From the bar hitting them, or from your legs squeezing? There are options: hex bar for deadlifts, spread your feet further apart, and only do them when you're "excited".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    duct tape.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Try tucking?
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I am not a man but I noticed this happens a lot to the Olympic power lifters and I thought... why not wear a cup? It's like a sports bra for men.

Sorry... its just when someone says "no girls allowed" I just HAVE to get into that club house.

There's always one lol although I wonder how many have looked.

Legs a little farther apart solved it for me, at least enough that it doesn't hurt.
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    Try wearing tight boxers that hold them in place. I just crossed the 405lbs barrier and the package feels just safe. In fact, I've never had an issue. I wear close fitting boxers and regular gym shorts.

Also may I ask the kind of DL you are doing?

Of course we looked....

I was wondering this too. Conventional or sumo? Try compression shorts under your gym shorts.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Dope pulls sumo, for those that have asked.

Call Kaientai. I'm sure they can help you out.

I have no idea if anyone here will get that reference...
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I came into this thread all ready to jump on the men only thing....but never mind, I have no valuable advice to offer lol
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Dope pulls sumo, for those that have asked.

Call Kaientai. I'm sure they can help you out.

I have no idea if anyone here will get that reference...

INDEED.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I came into this thread all ready to jump on the men only thing....but never mind, I have no valuable advice to offer lol

There are women only threads fairly often. This is maybe the second men only I've seen in 2 years.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

There are women only threads fairly often. This is maybe the second men only I've seen in 2 years.
    Yep I know

• concrete_daisies
    concrete_daisies Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think it was more the manner of exclusion. If he'd said "Men's question" or "need men's advice" or something, I wouldn't have looked. But I work in a technical team that is otherwise only men, so saying MENS ONLY is bound to make me turn up anyway...
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Grow longer arms.....
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    ^ That's what I am thinking. Are you hitting yourself at the top of the lift? If so, could you spread your grip out a bit further so the bar lands higher at the end of the lift? Or, in, so it lands lower?
    fine. At least I am being serious, people!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Intrigued