Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often do you weigh yourself

Replies

• mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    daily and log a weekly average in MyFitnessPal.
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Daily. But I only count and input my lowest weight of the month. I'll input more than one weight if I fall in weight more than once that month. This way I'm less scared of time of the month and sodium fluctuations.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Once a week. If I change my calorie intake, I'll do so once a day for a period of time, then go back to once a week.
  • MeganCannon
    MeganCannon Posts: 29 Member
    I weigh every morning. It keeps me grounded to know my bodies fluctuations and just how quickly weight can be put on.
  • blackaheep4288
    blackaheep4288 Posts: 41 Member
    My official weigh in day is the 18th when I'm at my dr apt. I do weigh in daily at home but don't count any weight loss until I see it my drs scale.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Once a week is plenty for me. I'm not quite the numbers/stats nerd that others are I guess haha.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Daily. Right after I get up and right before bed, always. Occasionally through the day if I'm curious. Patterns are interesting! I've noticed I tend to be heaviest in the evening. Makes sense to me; after sleep it's been hours since I last ate!
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    I started weighing every day to look for patterns, but I have an official weigh day once a week and I measure myself weekly as well.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    When I first started my diet I weighed myself every day to follow the patterns however now I just do it 2-3 times a week.
  • Khaliae
    Khaliae Posts: 40 Member
    .. 2 - 3 times a day ... I might be slightly obsessed ..
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited August 2016
    Even in maintenance I step on the scales most days - I used to track my fluctuations on an app but I've been maintaining for so long now I don't even bother with that.

It is routine for me to check my weight regardless. (it was not stepping on the scales at all was the main reason I got fat in the first place - despite my clothes no longer fitting I was in denial)
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    As title says. How often do you weigh yourself?

Daily, first thing in the morning, and log it on weightgrapher so I can follow the overall trend. I also record once a week in an accountability thread in a MFP group.

• OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Once a week or every two weeks. My weight fluctuates so much with fluid retention that it's discouraging to weigh every day!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Every morning before consuming any water/food and after the bathroom, to give me a consistent dry weight. I plot all these weights on a graph along with an overall trend line & moving average. Oh and yes, I love spreadsheets!!
  • mrflipmode
    mrflipmode Posts: 64 Member
    Every day , too see if my weight is going up, it's not though, damn !
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    The gym weighs and meassures me once a month. Pre-gym I use to weigh once every two weeks. Because the scale is a liar, and I don't trust it. It's a conspiracy I tell you!! **runs and hides in dark corner**
  • sophia1984
    sophia1984 Posts: 4 Member
    am i the only one who gets discouraged by the scale? even if i shed some lbs i still get sad lol maybe it's cuz im not at my ideal weight
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    sophia1984 wrote: »
    am i the only one who gets discouraged by the scale? even if i shed some lbs i still get sad lol maybe it's cuz im not at my ideal weight

Yes!

I was becoming absolutely obsessed with my weight and was making poor nutritional choices because of the impact on the stupid bloody number.

So I changed it round. My goal is not around weight, it's around training for a 100 mile bike ride later this year, and getting in shape for a triathlon next year. I've put my scales in the bottom of my wardrobe, and have resolved to only weigh and measure myself once a month, including blood pressure.

Weight is now a lagging indicator. I'm finding I can train harder because I'm eating better. I easily stick within my calorie limits, and am not obsessed with watching a number go up and down depending on what I've eaten the night before.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Once a month, in the morning, before I shower.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Daily and logged in Happy Scale and in my nerdy Excel spreadsheet. But only Fridays are logged in MFP. I take my measurements on the first day of the month and log those in MFP.