Can exercise help disappearing boobs?

Options
tanny684
tanny684 Posts: 196 Member
edited August 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm five days in and have lost 5lbs. I think solely off my boobs! This was last Friday (pic in blue). The white dress is now. Seem to have lost a cup size. That bra didn't fit before and now it does.

Can anything be done to stop this? Or is it inevitable? It's annoying because I look fatter as my boobs are smaller so body looks fatter in comparison.....despite losing 5lbs!

Has this happened to any other ladies? How did it work out? Having images of empty sacks lol so not good :p

Replies

• DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it's said that you can't target weight loss to specific areas, if you're losing in your boobs it's because you had fat there to lose. Generally after time your body will even out the weight loss in other areas of your body as well
  • tanny684
    Options
    Can anything be done, as in with the butt you can do squats and it makes it look bigger....does that exist for the bust?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the bad news, but no. :( You'll even out though.
  • tanny684
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    No.

You can build your pecs but pecs=/=breasts. Breasts are made of breast tissue and fat. Glutes are muscle and fat.

Do you start threads simply to post pictures of yourself?

No. I'm posting to see the difference which is crazy. Lost like 2 cup sizes in five days.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Build the muscle behind it....work your obliques, get your waist smaller....there really is no way to get your boobs back, other than to accentuate them by working everything around them.
  • tanny684
    Options

Eventually.....70lbs later lol gonna be a long road. Gotta focus on the end goal
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    tanny684 wrote: »

Eventually.....70lbs later lol gonna be a long road. Gotta focus on the end goal

I've lost 80...and probably two cup sizes....eye on the goal...if the goal is to be fit and strong, don't worry too much about your breasts. They are what they are...
  • tanny684
    Options
    Build the muscle behind it....work your obliques, get your waist smaller....there really is no way to get your boobs back, other than to accentuate them by working everything around them.

Do you have any recs on how to do that? I'm working out at home for now before I get courage to join a gym. Any suggestions appreciated x
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    No, there's nothing you can do. We can't control where we gain fat, and no amount of hard work and dedication can make boobs larger. They are breast tissue and (depending on your size) a lot of fat. It will depend on your genetics where you lose first.

Believe me, as someone who has always had a small chest, there's a reason things like breast implants and augmentations exist.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    No.

You can build your pecs but pecs=/=breasts. Breasts are made of breast tissue and fat. Glutes are muscle and fat.

Do you start threads simply to post pictures of yourself?

That was exactly my thought.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    following for reasons.

Edit :

Here is the reason(s) a friend of mine just posted this on Facebook. It's from Fitness Magazine ...
  • tanny684
    Options

I've lost 80...and probably two cup sizes....eye on the goal...if the goal is to be fit and strong, don't worry too much about your breasts. They are what they are...

Thanks, you're right. It's just depressing to end up looking bigger by way of optical illusion when they don't balance you out as much. But in the grand scheme of things health is what matters, thanks x
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes you could be losing weight from your breasts. BUT Maybe look at your band size being part of the issue. When you lose weight you will need to go to a smaller band size.
    This being said, not everyone knows that a bra that is 34D does not have the same cup size as a 40D. Whereas a 30F should hold the same amount of breast tissue in the cups as a 38C.
    So I suggest you remeasure yourself for a bra; you will be much more comfortable in a correct fitting bra.
    You may lose more weight from your breasts as you lose weight but don't let this deter you from your goal of losing weight because having breasts that are smaller does not make you look fatter.
    I love this calculator sophisticatedpair.com/bra-size-calculator/
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this issue. Started at a 42k, now a 36k... no boobs lost.
  • tanny684
    Options
    B4Rachael wrote: »
    Yes you could be losing weight from your breasts. BUT Maybe look at your band size being part of the issue. When you lose weight you will need to go to a smaller band size.
    This being said, not everyone knows that a bra that is 34D does not have the same cup size as a 40D. Whereas a 30F should hold the same amount of breast tissue in the cups as a 38C.
    So I suggest you remeasure yourself for a bra; you will be much more comfortable in a correct fitting bra.
    You may lose more weight from your breasts as you lose weight but don't let this deter you from your goal of losing weight because having breasts that are smaller does not make you look fatter.
    I love this calculator sophisticatedpair.com/bra-size-calculator/

Thankyou :) that's really helpful. I think it was an issue of proportion, I feel like the bigger the boobs the smaller the rest of you but maybe I'm just being paranoid. Thanks for your post :)
  • tanny684
    Options
    I wish I had this issue. Started at a 42k, now a 36k... no boobs lost.

Lol you're lucky! Although I know what you mean and K.....I started out a HH and that made life difficult enough so I feel for you!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    sure glad i don't have disappearing parts when i lose weight besides those i want :P jus sayin. o:)
  • tanny684
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    sure glad i don't have disappearing parts when i lose weight besides those i want :P jus sayin. o:)

Haha :p yet another reason that men have it easier ;)
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    After losing 43 pounds, my boobs are almost gone, but the upside is so are my thunder thighs, big butt and most of my belly. At age 62, the boobs just aren't that important. I would like to get to the point where wearing a bra is optional.