Introverts

Options
13»

Replies

• nicjbar73
    nicjbar73 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i would suggest picking friends by common goals. i also have found that i personally have to keep my friends list to 35-40 otherwise all of their feeds overwelhm me & cause anxiety. are ur goals losing,gaining or maintaining?
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm sarah and too much positivity scares me! O_o I enjoy, tv, books, and ignoring people's invitations to parties. :) feel free to add me..or not whatever! ✌️
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    Just jump into threads. Who cares what people think

What he said, and Rebel....nice new status pic!
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    Just jump into threads. Who cares what people think

Easy for some to say lol

Hey look at you, being all social and stuff!! You're doin it, even when you think you aren't..lol!
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I love that the extroverts come in here to "fix" the introverts by just telling us to be more social and outgoing. Sure, I'll get right on that as soon as you guys stop being so loud, pushy, condescending, smug and boorish, thinking everyone wants to know what you think all the time and telling others how to live. Maybe it's you extroverts that need fixing.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I only know of one instance where a heated internet conversation caused one person to travel across the U.S. to burn down the house of the other person. I've lost count of the instances where a heated internet conversation caused one person to hunt and kill a nearby person. Introvert, extrovert, polite, or crude, just don't go too far with insulting.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    I love that the extroverts come in here to "fix" the introverts by just telling us to be more social and outgoing. Sure, I'll get right on that as soon as you guys stop being so loud, pushy, condescending, smug and boorish, thinking everyone wants to know what you think all the time and telling others how to live. Maybe it's you extroverts that need fixing.

Who is trying to "fix" anyone? You are not very nice, for an introvert....
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options

I never get that feeling from extroverts. If anything, I like having them around to carry the conversation so I don't have to..heh.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally introverted and had to work hard as a younger man to make it through cocktail parties and the like. They're still not my favorite thing. I prefer time alone or with a couple of friends. My wife still laughs when I'm in a situation full of women who are all talking because I basically shut down. I just can't keep up with more than one conversation at a time.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I am very introverted. I spend most of my time alone.
    I am a natural leader. I am NOT antisocial or shy, don't have social anxiety or low self esteem(anymore). I don't hate positive people or any people. (actually I enjoy observing people), I don't chose to hang around negative people, because those people are not healthy to be around. And generally I don't find it too difficult to join a discussion IRL or on a public forum.

Introverts come in lots of different personalities. They often do well in leadership positions, are hard workers, have plenty of friends, go to social events and parties, and can interact socially both in person and on the internet.

The difference between an introvert and an extrovert is where they get their energy. Introverts need time alone to recharge after being in the world. Extroverts lose energy when they are alone to much.

That's it.

Susan Cain's books and TED talk are worth a look if you are introverted or are the friend of an introvert.
    http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts