Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• cdelgado623
    cdelgado623 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Took two days off in the middle of the week due to family plans. My husband finished school last week, and I start on Monday. We had a week 'break' so we went to the beach and will be helping a friend prep her house to sell. But back to it today. Lower focus. Ouch. Then I hauled shelves up and down a ladder to the attic and scrubbed the tub. Is it nap time now? I don't know how some of you do two workouts back to back.
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    reclaimmylife4mfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Marinabrazil - I have not measured. I also have more snacks out of boredom this time of year, so that might be why the scale isn't budging. Summer school is over and regular school hasn't started yet. My job keeps me more active, but these 3-4 weeks of nothing can sometimes be troublesome for weight loss. I'm trying to do better.
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Well cos my legs have been so sore since working out on Wednesday I haven't been able to do the other workouts. What I'm doing instead is go on treadmill at home every day and plan to start again on Monday, so still doing something.
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Marina - I switch Friday and Saturday usually, because it's much easier to do a double workout on Saturday than it is on Friday (time-wise). But I had to take my "rest" on Wednesday because of some work stuff, so it screwed up my schedule. BUT I just did "double Saturday," and you're right -- Shaun nearly killed me with Ab Intervals AND Total Body Circuit. It was so funny. I went through a roller coaster of feeling like I was going to die, to feeling invincible, to wanting to fall on the floor, to feeling so proud I could hardly stand it. haha.

Maybe Shaun T planned it that way...

Now I'm sitting on the couch with Ben-Gay on my quads. :smiley:
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    reclaimmylife4mfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Holliehatesyou - I think he did plan it that way. Some of these workouts are hard, but then he has a small reprieve and you recover a little. Then boom, tough moves again. I feel really good about myself after completing the workouts though. I think the advertising of it being a grueling 25 minutes contributes to the good feeling. I always think, yeah, it was grueling, but I did it! Pretty awesome feeling.
  • cdelgado623
    cdelgado623 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Took me an hour to do seven minutes of TBC this morning while my kids were awake. Finally gave up, did it after the kids were in bed tonight. My thermostat says 85*, it's been in the hundreds outside and we don't have AC. Hopefully a cold shower will help me cool down enough to sleep!
  • holliehatesyou
    Options
    Ughgh. I pulled something in my thigh about 5 minutes into Cardio today. I was trying to do the whole thing unmodified, and I landed weird, and OUCH. I finished it, but it hurt. Hopefully it's just a minor pull and won't have an effect on the rest of my week!
  • holliehatesyou
    Options
    How's everyone doing?

Total Body Circuit today. Didn't nail it, but I made it!
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I also did Total Body Circuit today (Wednesday Wk 5) as well as Speed 2.0 (beta). I always do 2 workouts daily, Mon-Fri. I think I am crazy!!! but I love T25 thinking-023.GIF
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Sorry for being away that long, but as I said before, I moved across the country. I still can't believe it, but before the 15h drive to Boston I woke up at 5:30 and NAILED the cardio. It was a kind of easy 15 hour drive after that! So, now I am here in this beautiful city. Haven't moved into the new apartment yet, staying at friends house that have an awesome garage for me to workout in each morning. Haven't missed a day yet! So proud! o:)

Today was easy Lower Focus. Even got energy for another hour walk. Of course, I am not working yet…so plenty of time in my hands.

@cdelgado623 Good job in getting that done! I can't imagine how hard it is to workout with kids running around! And no AC??? You're a hero!

@reclaimmylife4mfp You and your double workouts are so impressive! Try to get some projects going on the boring days…getting out of the house always makes things easier for me. Just don't meet up with those friends that always offer food!

@holliehatesyou I never mark that I nailed a TBC. Yesterday I was tempted, because I did it better than I ever have before, but I still had to stop in the middle of all that plank crap. And your description of the double Friday from hell was most appropriate. I am NOT looking forward to week 5 (next week for me). Keep going strong!!

@Kelbelb75 Nice job! That week is supose to be TOUGH!! Are you at Beta? I love T25 too.

Have a great day guys!!
  • krrbrr
    krrbrr Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    hi all! Just saw this thread and wanted to hop in and join y'all!

I did T25 last year with great success and tried to start it again a couple weeks ago, but ended up injuring myself (not while doing T25... lol just walking! hah). I'm mostly healed up and ready to get back on the bandwagon again and plan on starting tomorrow with Alpha again.

@marinabrazil great job on pushing yourself to do your workout before such a long trip!

@Kelbelb75 you are crazy, but that is seriously amazing! I hope to have your energy some day!
  • Kelbelb75
    edited August 2016
    Options
    krrbrr wrote: »

@Kelbelb75 you are crazy, but that is seriously amazing! I hope to have your energy some day!

@Kelbelb75 Nice job! That week is supose to be TOUGH!! Are you at Beta? I love T25 too.

Thank you! I am on Wk5 of Alpha. It's getting "easier" but I still haven't "nailed" any!

Beta next week. Yay. My hubby ordered Gamma for me so can't wait to add that in as my 2nd daily.

others-009.gif
    So far I have lost over 10kgs/22lbs in 3 months (now weigh 164.lbs). MFP has been a big help in staying strong mentally and accountable.

SW: 187.4lbs/85kgs
    CW: 164.2lbs/74.5kgs
    GW: 152-150lbs/69-68kgs
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm repeating alpha week 4 as I missed half the workouts last week due to tummy cramps/back ache - bleugh :s so it was lower focus for me today. Can't believe there's a second TBC tomorrow - argh!!!!!
  • Kelbelb75
    Options
    Today's T25 workout consisted of (wk 5) Alpha Cardio followed by Gamma Speed 3.0. Love me some Gamma action!!
  • holliehatesyou
    Options
    I pulled my quad again, much worse this time. I'm really upset about it. I felt like I was really making progross, getting better and better at it, able to modify less and less...then BAM. Gonna try to do tomorrow's, but if I'm still hurting, I'll re-do week 4. :neutral:
  • marinabrazil
    Options
    Good morning!

Today is good'ol double Friday for me. Thankfully, it is aparently the easiest one so far (Ab intervals + Speed 1.0). Yesterday I felt like I almost nailed TBC (is that a thing?). By all means, I can only do a few really half-*kitten* oblique push ups. I miss working out with a friend that I can compete with. Pushes me a lot harder.

@krrbrr Welcome to the group! So cool that you are doing a second round. Keep us posted on your workouts!

@Kelbelb75 Ouch, that last week…not looking forward to it. How did you like the Gamma workout?

@Sapphire_Elf So sorry for your injury…but wait a go for your persistence!!

@holliehatesyou Darn!!! That sucks!!! But take it easy…you don't want to push too hard and have the doctor tell you to stop for a few months. Not fun when you are on a roll.
  • holliehatesyou
    Options
    No workouts for me for a few days. It got to the point where I could barely walk last night. I got an Arctic Ease bandage and sat wrapped up for a couple hours before bed. It's not nearly as bad this morning, but I still can't walk normally. I will be re-doing week 4 next week for sure.
  • Kelbelb75
    Options
    @Kelbelb75 Ouch, that last week…not looking forward to it. How did you like the Gamma workout?.

I was worried about Gamma as it's intense but I struggled through LOL others-254.gif
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I will be starting Focus T25 tomorrow for the first time. I am currently half way doing CIZE and wanted to start Focus T25 after I finish it in 3 weeks but some things came up and I will be taking a long trip in the middle of October so I decided I will start Alpha phase now so I'll be able to finish it before the trip and when I return I will either repeat it or go for Beta phase. Unfortunately it is impossible to continue training through my trip but I'll make sure I'll stay active so I won't mess with the progress.

I will try to read the whole thread since I'm sure there'll be a lot of useful information. Hope to get to know you all better! :smiley:
  • marinabrazil
    Options
    Morning y'all!

Just finished day 2 of my last week of Alpha. Had never done JUST Ab Intervals in one day, so it felt like a breeze. However, it is a good break for a THREE DAY TBC week! I have felt incredibly frustrated by the fact that I am the same weight as when I started a month ago. A had lost 4 pounds, and than I gained it all back. I am hoping it is muscle weight, because I haven't been doing bad on my diet other than eating a little bit over my goal on weekends. It sucks big time having to see that same weight look back at me on the scale, but I will continue persevering!

@holliehatesyou I am so sorry for your injury, it must be so frustrating to get so far and having to quit for a few days. We are here to support you and cheer you through this!!

@olymp1a Yay!! Welcome!!! Your plan seems perfect!! You will love it. How has CIZE been for you?