Anyone have loose rings? Pics please

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I've already gotten the engagement ring resized but now both are starting to spin. weight isn't changing lately but it makes me hopeful
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Yep. I wear my mothers 25th anniversary ring on my thumb and cannot even wear my wedding or engagement ring because they fly right off. Once they fell off into the river... Thankfully, my husband fished them out for me.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    My husband just bought a new wedding ring. He had a tungsten ring, but it kept falling off and you can't resize tungsten. So he bought a silicone ring which he is LOVING it so far!
    What is Tungsten may I ask? And silicone? Never heard of these type of rings! That is so great they kept falling off!

• 120poundstogo
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    I've already gotten the engagement ring resized but now both are starting to spin. weight isn't changing lately but it makes me hopeful

YES! That is what is keeping me going that they are spinning but the weight isn't coming off any time soon! NOT for another two months I've got! Good for you!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    Yep. I wear my mothers 25th anniversary ring on my thumb and cannot even wear my wedding or engagement ring because they fly right off. Once they fell off into the river... Thankfully, my husband fished them out for me.
    Oh my! I am so glad you were able to fish your wedding rings out of the river! That is so so great they just fly off you!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics of mine, but what has saved me is a RING GUARD. You get it at a jeweler's. It's a little metal band they apply inside of the back side of your ring to make it smaller. It's a little flexible and can be adjusted. I've lost about 100 pounds since mine were applied and they've allowed me to keep wearing my rings the entire time. I'm now ready to get them resized for good. I think I'll go down 3-4 full sizes.
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I don't have pics of mine, but what has saved me is a RING GUARD. You get it at a jeweler's. It's a little metal band they apply inside of the back side of your ring to make it smaller. It's a little flexible and can be adjusted. I've lost about 100 pounds since mine were applied and they've allowed me to keep wearing my rings the entire time. I'm now ready to get them resized for good. I think I'll go down 3-4 full sizes.

Interesting my mother in law wears ring guards too. I think they're neat! Nice concept! Congrats on your weight loss too! I've seen your success story and complimented as well as commented on your weight loss efforts. Good job!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Yup. Never even thought I had fat fingers but over time even my digits have shrunk. It isn't super loose but it slides around a bit. Still smaller than the knuckle so won't come off.

unqxrwpyqw7m.jpeg
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I do, but can't take a pic atm...my grandmothers wedding ring was TOO tight on my ring finger last year at this time, now it's too loose on ALL my fingers, INCLUDING my thumb!!! It's crazy!!!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Yup. Never even thought I had fat fingers but over time even my digits have shrunk. It isn't super loose but it slides around a bit. Still smaller than the knuckle so won't come off.

unqxrwpyqw7m.jpeg

Hey that is SO GREAT! Its just like mine the way it fits. AWESOME! Looks great! WAY TO GO!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    I do, but can't take a pic atm...my grandmothers wedding ring was TOO tight on my ring finger last year at this time, now it's too loose on ALL my fingers, INCLUDING my thumb!!! It's crazy!!!

OMG! GIRL GET OUTTA HERE! Are you serious? That's amazing on ALL your fingers like WUUUUT? I am so AMAZED by that! That's crazy cool!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't have pic but my wedding ring has always been too tight- so much so that I needed to use lotion to put it on or take it off (even on my wedding day, I had to "prep" my finger and warn my now-husband that he'd have to force it on, lol!) Now it fits perfectly, no lotion needed!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    I don't have pic but my wedding ring has always been too tight- so much so that I needed to use lotion to put it on or take it off (even on my wedding day, I had to "prep" my finger and warn my now-husband that he'd have to force it on, lol!) Now it fits perfectly, no lotion needed!
    OMG! I had to use soap and water once to get mine off at one time and on two occasions had to have mine cut off! Talk about embarrassing! Now they are looser than once before! So you're in good shape now!
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    67 pounds down...size 5 to begin with..
    20160820_201910.jpg
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    madseasons wrote: »
    67 pounds down...size 5 to begin with..
    20160820_201910.jpg

OMG! What a HUGE difference! Just WOW! Yay for you!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    4xl2sklud2lb.jpeg
    aj1uzm2ecaoy.jpeg
    My ring pulls straight off now without twisting it off!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I dont have a photo but my husband bought me a wedding ring in my old size which was a 7 i had to take it in to resize it to a 5. But it still feels a little big
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    4xl2sklud2lb.jpeg
    aj1uzm2ecaoy.jpeg
    My ring pulls straight off now without twisting it off!

Awesome!!!!!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    ericatoday wrote: »
    I dont have a photo but my husband bought me a wedding ring in my old size which was a 7 i had to take it in to resize it to a 5. But it still feels a little big
    Wow went down two whole sizes nice! Way to go!
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just resized mine last month from a 7 to a 6. And it's still loose!! Incidentally is there a way to post pics here from your phone? I can from my computer but never figured out how from my phone. Thanks!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!