Tinder

Options

Replies

• TestNamePleaseIgnore
    TestNamePleaseIgnore Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I use Tinder because I'm too cheap to pay for a booty call. Plus the paid sites offer booty call with lifetime commitment. No thanks.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    King_Spicy wrote: »
    It's gonna go the same. I'm here to tell you that legit men aren't looking on tinder.

then where are they?? :'(:'(

I also would like an answer to this.

At this age when I see "never been married, no kids" it's usually a red flag.
    If half my mfp guy friends didn't live several states away, this whole thing would be a lot easier for me!

You want to adopt someone else's kids?

I'm 36, most guys my age or older (I prefer older) have usually had kids and/or been married. If not, it's kind of a warning sign. Also, if he doesn't have any kids, I find it's not an automatic easy fit for me, since I have 2.
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Try okcupid. It used to be all free, then match.com bought it and it's only mostly free. If nothing else, it is fun to answer the personality questions.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    edwardetr wrote: »
    Try okcupid. It used to be all free, then match.com bought it and it's only mostly free. If nothing else, it is fun to answer the personality questions.

I did that back in 2004 because it was fun. The forums were completely open then too so the image posting was excellent.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    King_Spicy wrote: »
    It's gonna go the same. I'm here to tell you that legit men aren't looking on tinder.

then where are they?? :'(:'(

I also would like an answer to this.

At this age when I see "never been married, no kids" it's usually a red flag.
    If half my mfp guy friends didn't live several states away, this whole thing would be a lot easier for me!

You want to adopt someone else's kids?

I'm 36, most guys my age or older (I prefer older) have usually had kids and/or been married. If not, it's kind of a warning sign. Also, if he doesn't have any kids, I find it's not an automatic easy fit for me, since I have 2.

That makes perfect sense. There's no point wasting your time with somebody that won't work. Everybody has their own ways of recognizing when that's the case, and it's smart.

But I hope you don't think not having children is any kind of personal failure. A lot of people just don't want children, for all kinds of reasons, a lot of which have nothing to do with maturity or responsibility. Some people just don't want them. Those people likely won't be compatible with you and there's no reason to put your time or energy into them, but I hope you don't look at it like they've failed to achieve what everybody should want.

No not at all. I've dated someone who did not have his own kids, and although he said it wasn't an issue that I did....it did create some issues. Scheduling time alone together, he feeling the need to be authoritative, not really understanding completely how or why I parented a certain way. For me...I just think it's a better fit if they have a common understanding. I don't judge them if they have no kids.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I believe that the difference is between a man that wants children but doesn't have them because he's sterile or hadn't found a woman, that he'd believe'd be a suitable mother & 1 whom dispute having the ability/a suitable woman available to him, just didn't desire to have them. So for me, the why he doesn't have children matters; not that he doesn't have children.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    x downloads Tinder x

OP, I'm happy to volunteer to research this important question for scientific purposes...
  • Chrisjuvers
    Chrisjuvers Posts: 2,692 Member
    Options
    x downloads Tinder x

OP, I'm happy to volunteer to research this important question for scientific purposes...

I think I shall download Tinder too. It sounds fun.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    Tindr and Pokemon are extremely similar. Both go out looking for monsters in their respective areas.

And throwing balls at their face only works some of the time.

:D:D
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily, but they'd all take one.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I might have to join ...
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That is what tinder is all about... Be ware of the guys who hit you up for money.
  • arleban
    arleban Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It's odd. I was told it was another dating app/site, but from talking with other guys that apparently is not what they were ever told. Definitely most guys think it's for hook-ups.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    well my sons friend met his wife on tinder. they started dating and have been married about a year,so I guess you could find a real relationship on there.
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I've only met one other guy from there and he was ok. He was an actor and name-dropped a lot and talk a lot of "the business we call show". Kinda boring but it wasn't awful.

I have my 4th ever Tinder date this weekend. So we'll see how that goes. [/quote]

He really used that? "This business we call show"? As a professional actor myself, you should have pimp slapped him upside his douchewad face.
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Angela937 wrote: »
    Are all the men on there just looking for a booty call?

Just men, huh?

Not like there aren't a bunch of girls on there for the same. They all, "I'm 18 and I am a grown girl. Not grown like I know how taxes work, but grown enough to know how to ride you like a stallion".

All about the serious relationship.

Damn bro you need to change your search settings a bit...18's a bit young no?

age ain't nothin but a #
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I guess it comes in handy if you're looking for a good lay. But hey, doesn't anyone want a real relationship anymore?