Tinder

Options

Replies

• Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    Nope but I think there are a lot of women that are too.
  • dbuckety56
    dbuckety56 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I didn't, although I didn't even keep my profile long enough to make a match.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Angela937 wrote: »
    I guess it comes in handy if you're looking for a good lay. But hey, doesn't anyone want a real relationship anymore?

What you got did not sound like a good deal. Just saying.

• Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    _birdie__ wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Are all the men on there just looking for a booty call?

Just men, huh?

Not like there aren't a bunch of girls on there for the same. They all, "I'm 18 and I am a grown girl. Not grown like I know how taxes work, but grown enough to know how to ride you like a stallion".

All about the serious relationship.

Damn bro you need to change your search settings a bit...18's a bit young no?

age ain't nothin but a #

That's what I kept telling her father but...... jk
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I've only met one other guy from there and he was ok. He was an actor and name-dropped a lot and talk a lot of "the business we call show". Kinda boring but it wasn't awful.

I have my 4th ever Tinder date this weekend. So we'll see how that goes.

He really used that? "This business we call show"? As a professional actor myself, you should have pimp slapped him upside his douchewad face.[/quote]

@roanokejoe49 ...ugh...that's all I can say. He was also in AA...so he talked lots and lots about AA - his meetings, his sponsor, the people he was sponsoring, his sobriety....actually - he talked about himself all night. Oh - and he didn't have a divers license (DUI).

Sad that date was considered "not bad" considering the others I've been on.

I was supposed to go out with someone Saturday night but he blew me off...then texted me Sunday "how was your weekend?" WTF??

I have another potential one Wednesday but I'm not holding my breath.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    He will never forget you Angela. Take comfort in that.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    Drink a bunch of fireball first. It's like a throat coat >:)
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    I've only met one other guy from there and he was ok. He was an actor and name-dropped a lot and talk a lot of "the business we call show". Kinda boring but it wasn't awful.

He really used that? "This business we call show"? As a professional actor myself, you should have pimp slapped him upside his douchewad face.

@roanokejoe49 ...ugh...that's all I can say. He was also in AA...so he talked lots and lots about AA - his meetings, his sponsor, the people he was sponsoring, his sobriety....actually - he talked about himself all night. Oh - and he didn't have a divers license (DUI).

I was supposed to go out with someone Saturday night but he blew me off...then texted me Sunday "how was your weekend?" WTF??

I have another potential one Wednesday but I'm not holding my breath. [/quote]

He probably went out with someone else Saturday night and date turned out to be a dud, so Sunday decides to hit up his back up.... :disappointed:
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »

He really used that? "This business we call show"? As a professional actor myself, you should have pimp slapped him upside his douchewad face.

He probably went out with someone else Saturday night and date turned out to be a dud, so Sunday decides to hit up his back up.... :disappointed: [/quote]

@melmelw03 he texted me again this morning "good morning" and I replied "why are you really texting me? Like - What's your deal?" he said "Sorry for the bother"

Again ...WTF!
  • arleban
    arleban Posts: 369 Member
    Options

He probably went out with someone else Saturday night and date turned out to be a dud, so Sunday decides to hit up his back up.... :disappointed:

@melmelw03 he texted me again this morning "good morning" and I replied "why are you really texting me? Like - What's your deal?" he said "Sorry for the bother"

Again ...WTF![/quote]

Oh, please. Like he's not good looking and you aren't desperate enough that he has to explain why he ignored you on Saturday? He's texting you. Jeez, I'm sure he's sorry you feel that way. /sarcasm ;)
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    arleban wrote: »

Again ...WTF!

Oh, please. Like he's not good looking and you aren't desperate enough that he has to explain why he ignored you on Saturday? He's texting you. Jeez, I'm sure he's sorry you feel that way. /sarcasm ;) [/quote]

I know, right? Like I'm supposed to be grateful lololol

• mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It's the only reason why the app actually exists.
  • arleban
    Options

Again ...WTF!

Oh, please. Like he's not good looking and you aren't desperate enough that he has to explain why he ignored you on Saturday? He's texting you. Jeez, I'm sure he's sorry you feel that way. /sarcasm ;)

I know, right? Like I'm supposed to be grateful lololol

[/quote]

Did you ask if he woke up in a hospital? Maybe he hit his head and he's texting you now because you're the only saved number in his phone and he's trying to figure out who he is.
  • arleban
    Options
    Oh! OH! Maybe he time travelled from the past to now, took out his current time self to prevent time paradoxes, grabbed current time self's phone, but since he didn't make the date he didn't know who you are. Maybe he thinks he's already dating or married at this point and thought he was trying to keep contact with you while away at work?
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    Oh! OH! Maybe he time travelled from the past to now, took out his current time self to prevent time paradoxes, grabbed current time self's phone, but since he didn't make the date he didn't know who you are. Maybe he thinks he's already dating or married at this point and thought he was trying to keep contact with you while away at work?

oh he's so not cool enough for time travel B)
  • frumpjunk
    frumpjunk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are all the men on there just looking for a booty call?
    If you're actually looking for a serious answer. The answer is sometimes. I know several dudes who sign up on Tinder in addition to their other dating apps, because they are essentially trying to cast a wide net and hoping to find someone worthwhile to date.

But yeah. A lot of men people are on Tinder for a booty call. And I would say that the reputation Tinder has will tend to draw more people who are looking for a booty call. Their motto is "start a fire", not "start a deep and meaningful bond that will continue to grow over the decades until you hold each other on front porch swing in your twilight years and sigh in contentedness"
  • EricNewark
    EricNewark Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you even have to mess with Tinder.. TracyAnn.. Mel... any of you ladies are attractive enough on the surface that at least meeting guys should not be an issue at all. Now I do get that filtering the good/bad may be a whole 'nother topic... lol But damn.. if I was younger.. lol

Not ALL guys are bad... I can say that honestly. I do also know that there ARE enough bad ones out there that it can be a pain though. Wish you the best. Sometimes to be honest it's best to just not "look". They may find you..