Tinder

Options

Replies

• arleban
    arleban Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    rps67 wrote: »
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    Then again, I ended up deleting it after receiving too many opening messages like "How tall are you and how much money do you make/what car do you drive?"

If a woman were looking for just a hook up, what would the magic words be? I mean, I'm just asking because I'm nosy. I have Tinder and my conversations usually stop dead when I say, "Hi, how are you?"

Try, "aaayyyy lol. dtf? lol" and then ask for nudes.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    Then again, I ended up deleting it after receiving too many opening messages like "How tall are you and how much money do you make/what car do you drive?"

If a woman were looking for just a hook up, what would the magic words be? I mean, I'm just asking because I'm nosy. I have Tinder and my conversations usually stop dead when I say, "Hi, how are you?"

By the time I get to respond "fine and you?" I'm usually already unmatched...
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have the Second Life: Find your dream man" Ad, showing at the bottom of this thread? :joy:
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    arleban wrote: »

I'm afraid most in my age group would need to google before answering or they'd ignore. Except for the nudes part.
  • arleban
    Options

I'm afraid most in my age group would need to google before answering or they'd ignore. Except for the nudes part.

It was more a joke because you used proper English and grammar to speak through texting. :) I would figure saying you are up for hook-ups would get you quite a few swipes and then you can actually get details with the ones you match. I have no idea. Maybe a lot of people sign up for the thrill of it, then get cold feet once someone actually contacts them.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

It was more a joke because you used proper English and grammar to speak through texting. :) I would figure saying you are up for hook-ups would get you quite a few swipes and then you can actually get details with the ones you match. I have no idea. Maybe a lot of people sign up for the thrill of it, then get cold feet once someone actually contacts them.

yeah - I think people download it for fun. It's very non-committal and easy - much less involved than Match, OKC and PoF. No long, stupid profile to fills out, you don't have to pug in your stats, your interests, etc.

When I come across someone on Tinder who has nothing in this profile and just a few photos, then I just figure he's there for a hookup.

What I'd like to know is, what's up with the people on Tinder who have no photo? It's a shallow site...being there without any photo is stupid.
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

yeah - I think people download it for fun. It's very non-committal and easy - much less involved than Match, OKC and PoF. No long, stupid profile to fills out, you don't have to pug in your stats, your interests, etc.

When I come across someone on Tinder who has nothing in this profile and just a few photos, then I just figure he's there for a hookup.

What I'd like to know is, what's up with the people on Tinder who have no photo? It's a shallow site...being there without any photo is stupid.

I think I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they have removed their photos because they are no longer on the market. I know its as easy to delete your account, but I'm just being generous.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    when i was using it, i liked it better than match, okc, etc. because it let me have some control over who got to message me. also, i got way fewer creepy messages on tinder than the others. i got lots more dtf messages, but nobody suggested decapitating me and having sex with my corpse in their opening message (true story re: match.com)
    i met one guy on tinder who i dated for a few months, a few with no chemistry, and a few who were looking for a quickie. probably about the same as the general population of my local bar.
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I'm a writer so using anything except proper grammar makes me feel dirty and not in a good way. I personally love Tinder for the eye candy.

• pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    when i was using it, i liked it better than match, okc, etc. because it let me have some control over who got to message me. also, i got way fewer creepy messages on tinder than the others. i got lots more dtf messages, but nobody suggested decapitating me and having sex with my corpse in their opening message (true story re: match.com)

Wut? :o
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Angela937 wrote: »
    He will never forget you Angela. Take comfort in that.

He actually just texted me again tonight!

Get it girl!! Use the advice I gave you! An update will be expected tomm morning B)

• arleban
    Options

I'm a writer so using anything except proper grammar makes me feel dirty and not in a good way. I personally love Tinder for the eye candy.

I get it. I hate text speak. If we actually matched (hint: never. I'm not looking and I'm not eye candy) I'd probably ask you to first verify proper usage of there, their, and they're as well as your and you're before we could continue. :) I've definitely found to have less in common with users of U and R instead of the words and intelligence really is a turn-on.
  • arleban
    Options
    i met one guy on tinder who i dated for a few months, a few with no chemistry, and a few who were looking for a quickie. probably about the same as the general population of my local bar.

Ah, the old sex with your decapitated corpse line. I've gotten laid so many times with it. /sarcasm
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    pdm3547 wrote: »

i've blocked out some of the details, but something about looking too sweet for the things he wanted to do to me, so he would cut off my head to avoid my disapproval (not making this up) the rest of the message was him trying to figure out which way he would face my disembodied head on the nightstand.
  • arleban
    edited August 2016
    Options
    pdm3547 wrote: »

i've blocked out some of the details, but something about looking too sweet for the things he wanted to do to me, so he would cut off my head to avoid my disapproval (not making this up) the rest of the message was him trying to figure out which way he would face my disembodied head on the nightstand.

But I mean I totally wouldn't do it it just a hypothetical. hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhhhh...hello? you still there? are we going to meet up? Man, why do women just lead guys on?!

(please understand just about everything I post should be read with sarcasm.)
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

I couldn't agree more! The amount of creepy messages I would get on PoF...crazy! And when I don't respond I'd get all these hate messages - or the same guy would message me 15 times...all saying "heyyyyy".

With Tinder, the only people who can message you are the ones who you've 'swiped right' to. So while you might not get as many messages as with other sites, at least the quality is just a little bit better.

The bad thing about Tinder is not knowing where the other person lives. 15 miles to me is a big difference depending on which direction those 15 miles are. 12 miles one way is Manhattan/NYC...12 miles the other way is Clifton, NJ. 30 miles can mean Long Island, NY or Morristown, NJ.
  • arleban
    edited August 2016
    Options

I couldn't agree more! The amount of creepy messages I would get on PoF...crazy! And when I don't respond I'd get all these hate messages - or the same guy would message me 15 times...all saying "heyyyyy".
    The sour grapes "your an ugli *kitten* neway" crap?
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

One guy told me to join Jenny Craig lololol
  • arleban
    Options

One guy told me to join Jenny Craig lololol

Did you tell him that 8 glasses of water a day still won't cure his thirst?