My 62lbs success!!! Mom of 4 cesareans! Did it all pregnant!

Options
shanahyisrael
shanahyisrael Posts: 22 Member
edited August 2016 in Success Stories
Had enough, was tired of not being able to run and jump and play with my little ones. I cleared my mind and in 30 days lost 62lbs by re-teaching myself how to breathe and stretch properly. I got pregnant during my journey but was able to maintain. 8 months later my daughter is crawling trying to walk and I'm at 150 lbs. Looking to lose another 20lbs. Fit fam...got my whole family on board. Cured my son from severe asthma attacks

Replies

• smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's incredible!! I know that you will hit your goal soon!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Great pictures. You are doing very well :mrgreen:
  • pmgrad08
    pmgrad08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I love that you included your son you both look great!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Did I read that right? You lost 62 pounds in 30 days? That's 2 lbs a day....how is that even possible?
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    evesmom2 wrote: »
    Did I read that right? You lost 62 pounds in 30 days? That's 2 lbs a day....how is that even possible?

I was wondering that too. Could that be a typo? Either way, you look amazing and I'm so happy to hear you got your family on board with health and fitness!
  • shanahyisrael
    Options
    @evermom, @susanmc31
    No typo. If you incorporate herbal teas, learn how to breathe properly, stretch properly and eat learn the right mixture of fruits and veggies according to your body. The pounds will drop off so effectively. It won't be that sloppy oh I lost weight but got flab, no it'll be that toned and firm proper way of losing weight weight loss.
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @evermom, @susanmc31
    No typo. If you incorporate herbal teas, learn how to breathe properly, stretch properly and eat learn the right mixture of fruits and veggies according to your body. The pounds will drop off so effectively. It won't be that sloppy oh I lost weight but got flab, no it'll be that toned and firm proper way of losing weight weight loss.

Thanks for answering. How many calories were/are e you eating a day?

You look great!
  • shanahyisrael
    Options
    The mind is the main factor in why people have such a hard time losing weight. Counting calories, worrying about how much I can and can't eat, how much to workout, I can't do this or that...it creates stress and stress releases hormones. That stress is what will always hinder you from losing weight effectively. You have to stop thinking about so much and just create a peaceful oasis in your mind and then your environment. You in a sense have to trick your mind and just do. Don't tell yourself oh I'm going to eat this and do this, make it spontaneous and just go and just do. Also, our bodies have so much extra weight stored that you don't need to eat every so many hours or so many times a day. Your body has ways of telling you that it needs something, and or more or less of it and when. We have to listen and understand how our bodies work. Don't believe all the hype of eat from the food pyramid, get protien from meat, eat this many times a day, drink this amount of water. Majority of that stuff is to generate money not to help you succeed in your weight loss journey.
  • shanahyisrael
    Options
    About 1600. Mainly fruits and veggies but I did make my own flat bread creations, oatmeal w/oat milk, nuts and seeds, &beans and plantains.
  • JoRolleNola
    JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Go girl! It's not easy losing weight but u just made a believer in myself. Congratulations!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You must have created a massive calorie deficit. Interesting. I need to peak at your food diary.

Congrats by the way!!
  • abamariem
    abamariem Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing
  • AnabolicMind2011
    AnabolicMind2011 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great op !

Just to make sure I'm understanding what your saying( please correct me if I'm wrong)
    You stretched, ate fruits and veggies and drank teas . You feel as though doing these things caused your weight loss? Please clarify. I'm not knocking your methods, to each is own. If it works for you then that's great! But for weight loss to occur, you had to have created a calorie deficit. The only reason I'm even mentioning this is because I would hate for a newcomer to see this thread and misunderstand what you said so I feel like it's best to clarify. I could do all of the things you mentioned above( stretching, breathing techniques, tea, fruits and veggies) and still not lose weight. A calorie deficit must be created for one to lose weight.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Had enough, was tired of not being able to run and jump and play with my little ones. I cleared my mind and in 30 days lost 62lbs by re-teaching myself how to breathe and stretch properly. I got pregnant during my journey but was able to maintain. 8 months later my daughter is crawling trying to walk and I'm at 150 lbs. Looking to lose another 20lbs. Fit fam...got my whole family on board. Cured my son from severe asthma attacks

asthma is treatable not curable. you obviously cut out certain foods or other allergens than caused his attacks(which is good).he can still have attacks down the road though(not saying it will or wont happen),asthma is a lung disease.I mean Im glad hes not having severe attacks(Ive been asthmatic since the age of 3-Im 42 now).
  • shanahyisrael
    Options
    You Americans kill me with your one way thinking
  • shanahyisrael
    Options
    Take it how u wanna...some things will never be "right" until it's a tv show, pop dr claiming it, and so on...
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I tried the photos again and this time I was able to view them, photo with the kiddo in red t-shirt... adorable. Absolutely LOVE that t shirt... so perfect on him! :wink:

I love the idea of 'retraining our brains" @shanahyisrael Where do I learn more about that?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!