Don't relax it will sneak back up on you

Options
I'm WEAK!!!!! Thought I had it down and didn't need to log everything. Ugh gained back almost 20 pounds. Be careful it starts out with a simple desert while out for dinner with friends then turns into ice cream at 2am.
Quess it's better to restart at 255 than back at 310.

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    you better believe it is. I lost 40 lbs and before you knew it gained back 15 lbs, depressing. I tell you it is a struggle staying on top of it, I did get it off and I now weigh every week.
  • kg5388
    kg5388 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Now back to weighing every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and logging every day.

I Had fell of the bandwagon and quit weighing or logging and it didn't take long to put it back on. It was fast just under 4 months. Knew I had put on a FEW pounds that would be easy to lose but did t realize it was that much.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    No such thing as diet - it is a lifestyle change. Have an occasional cheat meal, no problem, but always be cognisant of your diet even if you don't count calories daily.
  • kschramm7
    kschramm7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm TERRIFIED of letting my guard down and gaining! I weigh daily, track daily, and go to WW meetings and weigh in once a month for the accountability. I've only been at goal for 10 months now, and it's HARD!!
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This has happening to me as well. The sooner the better to get back on track. Weigh yourself regularly, track and keep all challenging foods out of the house. It is unbelievable how fast that weight can come back!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too. This time, I'm going to keep logging well past meeting my goal. I was so excited to get to maintenance last time, I told myself I'd NEVER revert to my old bad habits so I didn't need to log anymore. Unfortunately, I ended up gaining back almost all of it.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Everyone is different. I've been maintaining for 5 years now and have been relaxed for about 2 years now. Haven't gained any weight back and even lost an additional few pounds. I workout 6 days a week and have a very active job, though, which helps.
    OP, it's good that you caught the weight gain early and are doing something about it now.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh...so true! I first started my journey on here 12/27/11 and I was 173.8lbs. I worked hard and got down to 150.8 by 10/8/12 and was SO ecstatic! I felt great!!

And then I got comfortable...translation; lazy...and before I realized it, I had crept back up to 160. Then slowly made my way back to my original weight. And then :'( I surpassed my starting weight by 1.2 pounds and here I am basically starting over again.

I am trying not to get discouraged but every time I see that 150.8 pounds on my weight progress chart and see my 175 now, I just want to cry.
  • Megs052
    Megs052 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Agh spent the past 10 years loosing and gaining!