Options
    Monday:
    1. plan and track fitness for the week :smiley:
    2. swim a mile :smiley:
    3. under 75G carbs :smiley:
    4. track all nutrition carefully :smiley:

Tuesday:
    1. walk during at least one work break today
    2. dance for at least two hours (salsa, bachata)
    3. do not drink any wine!
    4. under 75G carbs
    5. track all nutrition carefully
    6. minimum 10 glasses of water
  • abacus93jp
    abacus93jp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Logged food, water and exercise, stayed within goals! Did hard labor yard work for 3 1/2 hrs, cutting and moving wood around again today. Have probably 1 day left of this, will get done by next Monday.
    Tomorrow- hair and laundry
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- stay within calories, with a small deficit :|
    Went very fractionally over, mainly due to my colleague buying me chocolate covered cranberries which I felt it would be rude not to eat.... nearly made up for it by having a small dinner though!

- do exercise class after work (don't log) :)

- go outside for lunch and meditate :|
    Went outside, didn't have time to meditate by time I'd finished eating. I will another day though

- listen to music at work to reduce stress :|
    Forgot, but didn't get stressed - happened to be a better day!

- if still get stressed, try the breathing techniques from my course :|
    - as above

Today's commitments will be similar

- stay within calories, with a 100+ calorie deficit
    - do exercise class after work (don't log)
    - go outside for lunch
    - listen to music at work to reduce stress
    - if still get stressed, try the breathing techniques from my course and/or think positive thoughts
  • OetztalerWannabe
    OetztalerWannabe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do morning yoga :)
    Do not take too much at lunch :)
    Do not eat cake etc. in the afternoon :)

The last one was made harder as a colleague returning from holiday brought stroop waffels into the office, as well as the icecream carts being out in addition to the dessert selection, but I resisted. I think this thread helped! However, I rewarded myself with a beer in the evening, which does rather offset the success of the afternoon :D
    Similar aims today:

Do not be greedy at lunch
    Fruit or nothing for dessert
    Proper dinner, not snacking before/after German class
  • cathydubepenner
    cathydubepenner Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    JFT 8/23/2016 YESTERDAY

* Water is a constant struggle for me....64 oz at least....did 56 ounces
    * Read at least a chapter in my book....nope
    * Read/Do Daily Devotion...done
    * Try not to be anxious at the dentist...zone out.....kind of-this seems to be an ongoing saga, I owe my first born to pay the dentist bill!

More appointments for today, won't get much walking in...boo
    JFT 8/24/2016

*Wrap my brain around the fact I won't get my usual A.M. walk in-it irritates me
    *Work on the checkbook/bills
    *Read
    * Appreciate the time with my daughter today (al beit spent going to appts. but better than her cooped up in her room)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I have been so busy, and wanted to respond to several posts. @slittlemeister - I am so like you in stress eating. I love your idea of the breathing techniques.

@cathydubepenner - I also struggle with drinking water. My goal now is to drink 2 glasses of water with each meal, and see if that helps me.

I have been getting to the gym more now, and I think that is also helping me to stay focused.

so JFT, wednesday, 8/24
    1. log ALL food
    2. 2 glasses of water with each meal
    3. drink water in the evenings - instead of snacking
    4. protein shake in the evening instead of popcorn

• mytime6630
    Options
    Do morning yoga :)
    Do not take too much at lunch :)
    Do not eat cake etc. in the afternoon :)

The last one was made harder as a colleague returning from holiday brought stroop waffels into the office, as well as the icecream carts being out in addition to the dessert selection, but I resisted. I think this thread helped!

GREAT JOB of resisting cake and ice cream!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. walk during at least one work break today :)
    2. dance for at least two hours (salsa, bachata) :)
    3. do not drink any wine! :)
    4. under 75G carbs :)
    5. track all nutrition carefully :)
    6. minimum 10 glasses of water :(

Wednesday:
    1. Move as much as possible--having a bad fibro flare, so that will not be much!
    2. Under 75G carbs
    3. minimum 10 glasses of water

• bookmeister86
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments -

- stay within calories, with a 100+ calorie deficit :D
    - do exercise class after work (don't log) :D
    - go outside for lunch :D
    - if still get stressed, try the breathing techniques from my course and/or think positive thoughts :|

Forgot to listen to music, but I didn't get stressed (and hence didn't need to do the breathing/positive thoughts!).

I'm not sure whether my lack of stress over the last two days has been because work is better than it has been, or whether the focus I've been paying to my work life balance has improved my stress (I've been exercising more, leaving work a little earlier, having an actual lunch break outside, and trying not to take work home with me). Maybe a combination of the two - time will tell!

Today's commitments -

- run to work
    - stay within calories, with a 300+ calorie deficit i.e. don't eat back run calories
    - go outside for lunch (if raining, go to a cafe!)
    - if go for drinks with friend tonight, have one water for every alcoholic drink
    - if still get stressed, try the breathing techniques from my course and/or think positive thoughts
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    @joan6630 Yes they're good, I need to get stressed more often so I can practise them :) The one my stress course recommends is belly breathing, where you take really deep breaths so that your belly expands rather than just your chest. You can check you're doing this by lying on your back with one hand on your chest and one on your belly - if you're doing it right then the hand on your belly will rise up but the one on your chest won't (or won't very much). Apparently the deep breaths are very calming! I have yet to try this in a stress moment so I can't confirm though.....

If my course covers any more I'll pass them onto you!
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    @joan6630 @cathydubepenner Have you tried drinking no added sugar squash? That is basically practically as beneficial as water in terms of hydration, but a lot tastier so you might drink more. I used to struggle to drink water at work - I would have a pint of it on my desk and then just not drink it - but then I started adding squash to it and my consumption went right up!

Not quite as good as water, but it's perhaps a pragmatic way of getting your hydration levels up! (Unless you're avoiding things with sweeteners - I'm not personally so it works for me)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister: I have been trying to do the same at work. I find that I overeat when stressed out and work has been extremely stressful. I have been trying to leave work a little earlier and not take work home with me. I have not been actually leaving for a lunch break or exercising like I should, so I will try incorporating those too.
    The thing that I struggle with when I try to back off from stress at work, is that I end up with more stress because I shortened my hours and didn't get as much done as I wanted to. I really need to find a good balance. I really think it's great you are doing this. I would bet that these changes are helping you a lot with your stress level. Good for you for following through and making a conscious effort to do this. Keep it up and thanks for the tips.

J4T (Thursday)
    - Take a real lunch break to refresh myself for the afternoon and to reduce stress level
    - Eat only the salad and fruit I packed for lunch
    - Drink 64 oz of water today
    - Completely finish one project that I have been juggling at work, so I can mark it off my list
    - Remember to breathe
    - Try to make at least one person smile today

Have a great day everyone!

Tracie in WI
  • ddherrod
    ddherrod Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goals for tonight are to go to bed at midnight, wash and prep hair for tomorrow's party, and don't buy fast food or cupcakes. These are all things I really struggle with because I hate doing them. Si se puede!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @joan6630 @cathydubepenner Have you tried drinking no added sugar squash? That is basically practically as beneficial as water in terms of hydration, but a lot tastier so you might drink more. I used to struggle to drink water at work - I would have a pint of it on my desk and then just not drink it - but then I started adding squash to it and my consumption went right up!

Not quite as good as water, but it's perhaps a pragmatic way of getting your hydration levels up! (Unless you're avoiding things with sweeteners - I'm not personally so it works for me)

I have never heard of sugar squash. I will look for it. Thank you for the suggestion! I've been trying to drink at least 2 glasses with each meal, and hoping that will help.
  • abacus93jp
    abacus93jp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Staying within nutrient and calorie goals but when I looked at the macros I see that I need to balance everything better. Will work on this, try to plan my meals better
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    @joan6630 something like this: http://m.tesco.com/h5/groceries/r/www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=254854677&gclid=CjwKEAjwrvq9BRD5gLyrufTqg0YSJACcuF81Jbm1jjHQLGijzFpOiJeXpbYA_oT0Q-PPKqEAi1yvVxoCj2Lw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Do you live in the UK? I think it's mainly sold here - I've struggled to find anything similar in France for example. France's version of squash is 'sirop' and it's really sweetie and sickly... and you can't get a 'no added sugar' version there which is what you need when cutting back!

If you don't live in the UK, it might be hard to find but there might be some in a larger store!
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments -

- run to work :D
    Big smiley because it was the fastest pace I've ever logged on my running app

- stay within calories, with a 300+ calorie deficit i.e. don't eat back run calories :|
    Didn't go to plan as when I wrote this the plan was to go with a friend to a concert and just have a small pasta pot for dinner. However, said friend had a bad day (they're suffering from depression) and wanted to go pub instead. This changed eating/drinking plans somewhat! But I'm pretty pleased because I nearly ordered a burger but then ordered the salmon instead (which was smothered with hollandaise sauce so not that light, but was better than the burger!)

- go outside for lunch (if raining, go to a cafe!) :)

- if go for drinks with friend tonight, have one water for every alcoholic drink :|

Did this for the first 2 glasses but not for the third.

- if still get stressed, try the breathing techniques from my course and/or think positive thoughts :|

Again, didn't get that stressed so wasn't necessary. This has to be some kind of record...

Today's commitments:

- allow myself Friday pizza with boyfriend, but no dessert
    - no unhealthy snacks
    - g & slimline t only tonight
    - don't exceed calorie limit by more than 200
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was overworked and the flapjacks and snackwafers crept up and grabbed me. I see a pattern of overwork and no time leading to quick useless snacks. Today is easier so setting a few countermeasures

1. Bike ride
    2. Savoury foods generally
    3. Keep within calories
    4. get some rest
    5. play guitar
    6. do a sketch
    7. check in and declare which of these actually got done ;-)
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Be under calorie goal.
    Not eat junk food at football game.
    Drink water like crazy.
    Do weights before work.