Lose 10 by October!

Options

Replies

• channinglr
    channinglr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to join! Plz add me! Lets go team!
  • roscogus
    roscogus Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is my first challenge. How do we do this? Do we have weekly weigh ins or post scale pics or something? Just curious.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I need a challenge bad. I have been on my journey since January. I have lost 85 pounds and want to lose the next 15-20 by Christmas. I would really like some new clothes that fit for Christmas. In the last few weeks my motivation has been playing peek a boo. I hit under 200 pounds and some health issues started and some days it's really hard to think about logging, weighing and measuring and since I was told no exercise I am going to have to get really strict with the nutrition part.

Congrats on losing all that & getting under 200! What a fantastic milestone.

I'm sorry about your health issues but am a bit surprised about the no exercise. I always thought at least movement helped. Isn't that part of P.T.? Maybe you can't run, swim or lift weights but I'd clarify whether you can do anything -- take a walk, march while seated in a chair etc.

• louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    I need a challenge bad. I have been on my journey since January. I have lost 85 pounds and want to lose the next 15-20 by Christmas. I would really like some new clothes that fit for Christmas. In the last few weeks my motivation has been playing peek a boo. I hit under 200 pounds and some health issues started and some days it's really hard to think about logging, weighing and measuring and since I was told no exercise I am going to have to get really strict with the nutrition part.

Congrats on losing all that & getting under 200! What a fantastic milestone.

I'm sorry about your health issues but am a bit surprised about the no exercise. I always thought at least movement helped. Isn't that part of P.T.? Maybe you can't run, swim or lift weights but I'd clarify whether you can do anything -- take a walk, march while seated in a chair etc.

Thank you.

Yes I can walk and I started back today after I got my kids on the bus. I will also do the Walk at home ones once it gets to bad to do it outside. I can't do heavy weights, jumping and the stuff like that. I also clean a lot to keep moving and busy.

• Staceym2112
    Staceym2112 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm doing a low carb diet with a goal of 4 lbs a month. Just started July 13th and I've cheated a bunch. Trying to get back into the routine.
  • scruzcarreras
    scruzcarreras Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • FirstLadyDivine
    FirstLadyDivine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so in with this challenge and the added motivation will definitely help. This week I'm doing a cleansing fast to jump into a new session starting Monday. I struggle very hard to get under 280 and when I go under it just goes right back up over 280 sometimes even 298 like the last time. I gym but I'm also in school and sometimes school work trumps going to the gym but I eat properly with a few cheats here and there. Started this week at 280 and I'm back up to 284 and it's only Tuesday. So I'm looking forward to dropping that 10lbs initially to get under 280 and another 10lbs until my goal weight of 180. Let's do this!!!!
  • brucejei
    brucejei Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • brucejei
    brucejei Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am in, I need to lose 10lbs to look like I do in my profile pic. I just wrote down my goal is to lose 10 lbs by Oct 21st which was exactly three months from yesterday's date so hopefully I will be close by the first count me in. :smile: I will friend you all and click on the notification to this message board so I guess we will just keep updating hear?
  • judithanne013
    judithanne013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in. I also have been looking for a challenge
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I want to drop 10 until October since I am travelong to Budapest :smile:
  • Khaliae
    Khaliae Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I want to lose as much as possible before comic con on september 24th O_O which gives me exactly one month!
    anyone who wants to help with this are welcome to add me!
  • cokezerogirl
    cokezerogirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm just looking to lose as much as healthily possible :p
  • taooftulips
    taooftulips Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • penguinstuff
    penguinstuff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sounds achievable! I'm still recovering from a c section but should be cleared to exercise in about a couple of weeks, hopefully a challenge will give me some motivation to get in a routine from the beginning!
  • taooftulips
    taooftulips Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are we a group or where do we check in?
  • IMbefore40
    IMbefore40 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
    (I could use a kick in the butt.)