low carbs and sugar! Who wants to join?

Options
Starting on the 1st I am going to be cutting sugar and carbs out of my meals. This is most definitely going to be a hard task but I am ready to do it. Anyone wanna join and do this together? We can motivate each other and keep each other going!

Replies

• CeliaSea
    CeliaSea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey, Sadie!

You might want to join the Low Carb Forum...lots of great threads over there:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    CeliaSea wrote: »
    Hey, Sadie!

You might want to join the Low Carb Forum...lots of great threads over there:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Yep, lots of Ketofiles in this group doing the same!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Why is it ketofiles and not ketophiles? With the former I always imagine, you know, a filing cabinet, so it's bugged me.

Just idle curiosity, though. I was going to recommend the group but everyone already has.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Why is it ketofiles and not ketophiles? With the former I always imagine, you know, a filing cabinet, so it's bugged me.

Just idle curiosity, though. I was going to recommend the group but everyone already has.

That is a darned good question @lemurcat12 (actually made me laugh)!! But, come to think of it, you're probably right and it in all likelihood should be the later you mentioned.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I think ill keep eating my fruits thanks....
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What is you goal and will your method help you reach your goal? Yes? Then go for it :)

I'm keeping my grains and starches and fruit and vegetables and dairy, they didn't stop me from losing 50 pounds and I haven't regained eating them during the first 22 months of maintenance, so I think it is going to work.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Hmm. True. Maybe I'll stick with keto'er. LOL
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Starting on the 1st I am going to be cutting sugar and carbs out of my meals. This is most definitely going to be a hard task but I am ready to do it. Anyone wanna join and do this together? We can motivate each other and keep each other going!

I don't cut it out completely, but focus on keeping my sugar below 40 grams and carbs below 100 grams.
  • PMA150
    PMA150 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in an awesome FB group that is doing the ketogenic diet. You're welcome to join there for more support and any questions you may have. They have a group on here as well but it's not nearly as active as the Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/259946234370866/
    P.S. I started this on Saturday and have lost 7 pounds in the first 5 days. I realize it's water weight but still feels great.