Feeling disgruntled

Options
Luvlybubly
Luvlybubly Posts: 87 Member
At the end of my first week. I've, exercised every day. Done 8000 steps, not even consumed all my daily food allowance (each day).
And not lost a single pound.
Feeling disgruntled.

Replies

• Luvlybubly
    Options
    it takes a few weeks, don't worry. keep it up. After 4 weeks if the scale isn't moving then look at changing things.

it didn't get there in a week so it isn't going to leave in a week.

Thank you Frodo. Other times when I've tried losing weight, I've lost quite a bit in the first week. E.g. Weight watchers and slimming world. But this time I'm doing it by myself. 1,200 calories or less most of the time. Zumba, dancing,walking etc. And .8000 steps a day.

• memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's ok to feel that way :) Just keep going.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Are you certain of exactly how many calories, you're consuming; by using a food scale? Also calorie burns for exercise tends to unrealistically high, thus it's advisable to only consume; 50% ~ 75% of them.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    Are you certain of exactly how many calories, you're consuming; by using a food scale? Also calorie burns for exercise tends to unrealistically high, thus it's advisable to only consume; 50% ~ 75% of them.

Yes, I've scanned everything I eat and drink for calories. After exercising, it says I can eat more. But I never do. I just keep it to 1.200 calories or less. Usually always less.
    I want to lose 7 and a half stone. ( 105lbs )
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Yes, I've scanned everything I eat and drink for calories. After exercising, it says I can eat more. But I never do. I just keep it to 1.200 calories or less. Usually always less.

Scanning isn't accurate enough, only weighing is; therefore you're eating more than you think.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options

Scanning isn't accurate enough, only weighing is; therefore you're eating more than you think.

I do usually compare what the scan says and what it says on the food product packaging.
    Even if it were slightly over, I'm still doing about 1 hour of exercise cardio
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I reread most of this thread and I can already tell you without even looking at your diary that you will never get anyway eating only 1200 calories. Less isn't more. You're body will think it's starving itself and hold onto everything it can.

No that's a myth! Metabolism lowers but it doesn't cease, unless the person is dead; resulting in a slower loss but still a loss.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    I'll see how it goes for next week. If still nothing, I'll do what my doctor said. Gastric bypass. Which I really do not want.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I do usually compare what the scan says and what it says on the food product packaging.
    Even if it were slightly over, I'm still doing about 1 hour of exercise cardio

Since it's only been a week, I can't rule out water retention, from sodium, muscle repair, etc. If after 4 weeks (28 days), you still aren't losing; then you're consuming more than you think.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    I reread most of this thread and I can already tell you without even looking at your diary that you will never get anyway eating only 1200 calories. Less isn't more. You're body will think it's starving itself and hold onto everything it can.

No that's a myth! Metabolism lowers but it doesn't cease, unless the person is dead; resulting in a slower loss but still a loss.

Thank you. This week I'll eat more say. 1.400?
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    You eat less than 1200 calories a day?

Yes. For the past week, I'd say approx, 800 calories tbh
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'll see how it goes for next week. If still nothing, I'll do what my doctor said. Gastric bypass. Which I really do not want.

My understanding concerning weight loss surgery is that unless it's an emergency (you weigh over 500 pounds), you must lose a significant amount of weight to prove that you're able to change your lifestyle; before they consider doing the surgery because otherwise, most people'll regain the weight; after having the surgery.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

Thank you. This week I'll eat more say. 1.400?

I'd just consume what this website, advised you to; unless you're hungry.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    I'm 52, weight 16 and a half stone ( 232lb) and I'm only 4ft.11in. So you can imagine what I look like. I've had enough of being fat.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    You eat less than 1200 calories a day?

Yes. For the past week, I'd say approx, 800 calories tbh

Unless someone is well over 500 pounds, 800 calories; isn't enough & especially when exercising.