How to get rid of lumpy legs?

Options
Okay, so I've had cellulite in my legs since high school, and I am a bit on the heavy side. But, I've been exercising and working out for over a year consistently now. I've been doing martial arts, the elliptical, walking on the treadmill, and I'm now adding rippers into it (you lie down and keep your legs raised, you lower your legs and try to bring them back up without letting them touch the ground). However, it seems they are getting even worse! I do feel I've lost weight, and I went from 34% body fat down to 25% along with going down almost a full dress size.
My inner thighs are the worse, especially at the knees! Any help? Has this happened to anyone else???

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Just keep going, the body loses where it loses. They will at least be less lumpy over time.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I've had cellulite in my legs since high school, and I am a bit on the heavy side. But, I've been exercising and working out for over a year consistently now. I've been doing martial arts, the elliptical, walking on the treadmill, and I'm now adding rippers into it (you lie down and keep your legs raised, you lower your legs and try to bring them back up without letting them touch the ground). However, it seems they are getting even worse! I do feel I've lost weight, and I went from 34% body fat down to 25% along with going down almost a full dress size.
    My inner thighs are the worse, especially at the knees! Any help? Has this happened to anyone else???

Genetics determines where we lose and what our body looks like.

How much weight did you lose, and how quickly? Did you do any weight lifting or strength training while losing weight?

What are your stats now?

I have big calves and legs, but then so do most of my mother's sisters. I know no matter how much I exercise, I will never have small calves/legs. It's okay, they are much better now that I've lose weight and incorporated some serious squats, lunges and dead lifts into my routine.

Just keep on keeping on, take your time, and you'll reach goal. I suggest weight lifting, if you are not already doing so.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Genetics determines where we lose and what our body looks like.

How much weight did you lose, and how quickly? Did you do any weight lifting or strength training while losing weight?

What are your stats now?

I have big calves and legs, but then so do most of my mother's sisters. I know no matter how much I exercise, I will never have small calves/legs. It's okay, they are much better now that I've lose weight and incorporated some serious squats, lunges and dead lifts into my routine.

Just keep on keeping on, take your time, and you'll reach goal. I suggest weight lifting, if you are not already doing so.

this! I am still heavy, and can't say that my legs are smaller, but the appearance has definitely improved already with weight training. My inner thighs are quite jiggly still, but it's early for me.
  • alienws1998
    alienws1998 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Google coffee cellulite cream, it's made mostly from coconut oil and used coffee grounds. The explanation I received was that the caffeine is absorbed by the skin, promotes blood flow and thus reduces cellulite. I'm no expert or scientist, but it makes sense to me, doesn't cost much and I didn't see any harm in trying it, I've been using it myself for about 2 weeks or so.
  • alienws1998
    Options
    Google coffee cellulite cream, it's made mostly from coconut oil and used coffee grounds. The explanation I received was that the caffeine is absorbed by the skin, promotes blood flow and thus reduces cellulite. I'm no expert or scientist, but it makes sense to me, doesn't cost much and I didn't see any harm in trying it, I've been using it myself for about 2 weeks or so.

the only thing it reduces is the amount of money in your bank account

Explain to me how using already used coffee grounds hurts your bank account?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

the only thing it reduces is the amount of money in your bank account

Explain to me how using already used coffee grounds hurts your bank account?

Did you pay for this cream or make it yourself?
  • alienws1998
    Options
    Made it myself
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

I think it would be a great exfoliant, and skin would be soft I don't know if it would help cellulite ...
  • pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You can also try dry brushing upwards towards your heart, juniper oil and massages. To help remove toxins from the body.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You can also try dry brushing upwards towards your heart, juniper oil and massages. To help remove toxins from the body.

Opps you said TOXINS
  • butterbuns123
    butterbuns123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Skwaats. Squats can help build muscle, fill out and shape you legs. You really cant spot reduce fat but encouraging blood flow to areas can promote wieght loss a little tiny bit.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Honestly, once you have cellulite, it's hard to get rid of. It's fat that is pushed against connective tissue, causing the dimpling. Lowering body fat will help but in the end, there's not much you can do. Maybe if you have money you can get laser treatment, most people can't afford it.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Strength training.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

LOL. No.

That's not how any of this works.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Try focusing on your legs. Power walking, jogging, squats, lunges. Cardio will burn a lot of calories and focusing on your leg muscles will fill them out as mentioned above.

I have been power walking for over a year now and recently started adding jog intervals to my power walks. My legs have become quite muscular looking (but not bulky). And I'm 59 years old.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Using a brush when you shower increases circulation and helps the water move out of the area. It helps your body break it down while you are losing weight through diet and exercise. I have a nail brush that I use and it seems to help. Maybe I'm deceiving myself but at least it's free and can't hurt. Just keep going on your exercise and diet and it will get better over time!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Its just fat, not toxins. The fat cells are enlarged and push aginst the membrane which is like a net - hense the dimpling effect. Its kind of like stretching an orange net over a hard boiled egg. Women are more prone as we store more fat in hips and thighs rather than all over.

I hear that building muscle really helps and losing body fat really helps.
  • luvmakeup4ever
    luvmakeup4ever Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Collagen supplement