Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Low carb vindicated by science

2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    lurline27 wrote: »
    I find it impossible to cut down on my carbohydrates, cut down on my fat, watch my sugar intake and my calories at the same time. I just don't eat carbs late at night. I switch from Atkins protein shake which is 9 grams of fat to Premier Protein which is only 3. I still have my two cups of frozen spinach with the protein shake in the morning along with two big strawberries blend it up. I think I have to find better snacks though because some of them that I have been doing have a lot of carbohydrates. I'm pretty active and I don't sit around all day doing nothing you would think you would burn up everything in you but that's not the case. Oh well I'm going to have some cheese

Why would you ever want to cut down on fat?

Why would you ever not want to cut down on fat?

Essential nurients? Improved health? Taste and mouth feel?

So don't cut down on any foods?

Broccoli. Broccoli can go. And kale. Leeks. Sugar alcohols and some sweeteners. Skim milk. Shudder... Some can go.

You'll miss them when cancer cells that are vulnerable to green fightonutrients invade. Hopefully they'll die from the lack of sugar alcohols and sweetners to feed on.

Because broccoli is the only green vegetable, or because it is THE premier cancer fighting vegetable? yeah, I'll risk not eating it. Besides, broccoli is best with a cheese and bacon sauce... Some would say that would nicely balance out the health benefits. I'll risk cancer for bacon too.

Do you mean phytonutrients?

Fightonutrients, they give plants colors. There is evidence they fight cancers and are why a vegetable and fruit rich diet increases longevity.
    I'm not saying broccoli is the only green vegetable, though you also said kale and leeks.
    I'd worry more about the cheese than bacon. If you feel so strongly about it, you might be addicted ot the caseomorphine in it.

Crack like cheese. LOL :D No addiction, but I do feel strongly about strong cheese.

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member

Fightonutrients, they give plants colors. There is evidence they fight cancers and are why a vegetable and fruit rich diet increases longevity.
    I'm not saying broccoli is the only green vegetable, though you also said kale and leeks.
    I'd worry more about the cheese than bacon. If you feel so strongly about it, you might be addicted ot the caseomorphine in it.[/quote]
    I though chlorophyll gave green plants their color?
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member

Crack like cheese. LOL :D No addiction, but I do feel strongly about strong cheese.

[/quote]
    I also feel strongly about strong cheese ... Q. What is the thing you snack on the most? A. CHEESE