What do you do to beat the late night cravings?

Options
2»

Replies

• FrancineM62
    FrancineM62 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know this is easier said than done BUT: change your sleep habits. Go to be early. Then there's no time for those cravings. Your cravings won't be there when you wake up and then it's a new day; a clean slate and all your calories back.
  • PurpleSkull
    Options
    i beat the other meat.

then fall asleep.
  • courtneylyn1
    courtneylyn1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do the same as most people- sleep it off. I know that I am moreless bored and not hungry. If I have hit my calorie goal for the day(without deficit), there is no reason why I should be hungry. I always get hungry when I am bored! Also, like someone else said, brushing my teeth has always helped me. I always do it when I am done eating for the day(even if it is at 6:30). I finish eating early because I like to go to bed early and wake up early.... Most of my cravings come early in the morning since I am an early bird...
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I know this is easier said than done BUT: change your sleep habits. Go to be early. Then there's no time for those cravings. Your cravings won't be there when you wake up and then it's a new day; a clean slate and all your calories back.

This!
    I tend to crave food later in the evening but it is
    Rarely from hunger. I started going to bed earlier
    And feel great!! More sleep is important when trying
    To lose weight.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • almostanangel21
    almostanangel21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Apparently your body can mistake thirst for hunger, so I have 16 oz of water before bed. If I'm just vaguely hungry and it's right before bed, I ignore it and go to sleep.
  • jessicasmum2008
    jessicasmum2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I go on instagram and follow people who have motivating pics or quotes. I also add my own motivation pics and quotes, so it keeps me busy looking for them and i soon forget about food or realise if i really want to lose this weight i need to be good
  • FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Apple sauce works for me, one of those small half cup sizes.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I suck it up when it happens. I have never been a night eater and I don't want to start being one now. If it's important to you, you could allocate some of your calories to night snacking.