2 soft boiled eggs everyday.

Options
2»

Replies

• pislari_poljnamd
    pislari_poljnamd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Try porridge! Amazingly filling! Only 100 cal per sachet! ;)
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my go to food. I love them. They are full of nutrients and filling (pastured are the best). I don't eat breakfast, normally fast until I feel like breaking, sometimes not until dinner. A quick lunch is eggs and kale cooked in butter. I'm about to fuel up for a run with a glass of homemade egg nog. My cup has 6 egg yolks, heavy cream, whole milk, fresh ground nut meg, and stevia. So good!
  • danibabii11
    danibabii11 Posts: 72 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I eat at least 4 hard boiled eggs every day... 2 whole eggs and 2 just whites.... drop the bread you'll be full on the eggs...
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Boiled two eggs this morning but the second one was bad. What a turn off!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely peeps. So i need to lose around 20 pounds. I am 5'0 and 22 years old. And with only 20 to lose its harder and a much slower process. Usually i eat one soft boiled egg with white bread and sweetened milk tea. But i am trying to decrease my carb intake.
    I wanted to ask, would i gain weight if i eat 2 soft boiled eggs everyday??? Like every single day?? Because i need to feel fuller and one egg with white bread gets me hungry soon enough. Also, how much calories do u guys consume for breakfast??

Hi Tony,

You don't gain weight from food type, you gain weight from eating too much food. Will that egg fit into your calories to lose weight? If so, go for it. If not, work it so that it does fit in, which will mean decreasing somewhere else.

I love my breakfast, and it's my biggest meal of the day at anywhere from 480 to 650 calories (less on weekdays, more on weekends), but that is preference only. :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Yes/No.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Just be sure to weigh your eggs, not every egg is 70 cal.

Yep. Indeed.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    All you eat for a full day is 2 eggs and some bread?

Um...where did you get this from? The OP is clearly asking about breakfast.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Eat the eggs.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

How was the second egg bad? overcooked, undercooked? Dare I say, had a chick inside?!?!? LOL
  • Samanthor
    Samanthor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I eat two hard boiled eggs and a banana nearly every day for breakfast. I love hard boiled eggs because I know I'm getting just the eggs--no extra calories from cooking oil or whatever. Though I eat breakfast only two and a half hours after I eat lunch (my office takes a VERY early lunch) so staying full for long isn't something I am concerned with in the morning, so I can't speak that. But I love my breakfast! On Fridays I "splurge" and have eggs over easy with a piece of toast instead. :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I eat two hard boiled eggs for breakfast at 8:15 everyday. Tides me over until lunch around 3.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely peeps. So i need to lose around 20 pounds. I am 5'0 and 22 years old. And with only 20 to lose its harder and a much slower process. Usually i eat one soft boiled egg with white bread and sweetened milk tea. But i am trying to decrease my carb intake.
    I wanted to ask, would i gain weight if i eat 2 soft boiled eggs everyday??? Like every single day?? Because i need to feel fuller and one egg with white bread gets me hungry soon enough. Also, how much calories do u guys consume for breakfast??

Losing weight or not doesn't have anything to do with any particular food.
  • magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Damn, now I want eggs! Can't, I have to do the BRATs diet for a few days :-(
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Try Ezekiel ( or a hearty whole grain) bread instead of white too.

Ya, I find Ezekiel and my new favorite sprouted grain bread brand, Alvarado St Bakery, more filling than bread made from flour as well. These are in the freezer sections of my grocery store. They cost more than shelved bread, but it's worth it to me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options

I have about a 400 calorie smoothie for breakfast but I am 6 inches taller and likely considerably heavier. The relatively high fiber and protein keeps me full for a very long time.

ae3c5bf23b49e029b93362749436c62a.png

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I eat two eggs a day. It doesn't really matter how much calories you eat at breakfast, but how it works out for the day, so you can base it on your total goal and your own eating pattern/needs/preference.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

How was the second egg bad? overcooked, undercooked? Dare I say, had a chick inside?!?!? LOL

Bad, as in smelly bad. That's the problem with boiled eggs. You don't know what's inside till you crack it.

For other preparations such as fried, scrambled, or omelette, we crack each egg separately to check before dumping it into the mixture.