Whats your primary goal on mfp?

Options
2»

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    To count calories making sure I eat less than I burn.
    Then to count nutrients to make sure I'm getting enough.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Lose some weight.
    Maintain while eating what I want
    Get strong and improve my running
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    First ... I needed to lose weight. So I did that in 2015.

Second ... I needed to get back into shape again. I started that in 2015, but I'm doing more this year.

And I have a list of sports/fitness goals:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10364677/2016-goals-quarter-of-the-year-done#latest
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Was here for weight loss. Hit goal, now maintaining.
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My goal started off being weight related. I'm at my target weight now but not completely happy so now it's to tone up and get my body looking as close as I can get it to how it was before baby no.2.
  • meganmurray217
    meganmurray217 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My goal is to hit my weight loss goal. Then after that tone up & get rid of this post baby flab.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Originally it was to log calories and be in a deficit to lose weight, then I used the diary to log for maintenance, then I used it to log a surplus and gain weight...then lose again. Now I use it to keep me in check. I have no end goal. I want to be better.
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Actually, my primary goal was to normalize my diabetes type 2. With LCHF, Keto diet, I have accomplished that and am off my medications. Secondarily, lose weight. I have already lost 16 pounds in three months and need to lose an additional 17 pounds.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    protect and serve
  • ohsosweet26
    ohsosweet26 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I want to look and feel good, and to do this, I have to lose weight. I was raised in Asia where a size 6 is considered large. I grew up believing that I was extremely overweight and my friends and neighbors used to tease me about my weight, leading to low self-esteem. I never wore shorts until I moved in US and even then, I still felt really self-conscious. People in US would tell me that my weight is just perfect for me, but knowing that I can look 100% better than I do right now is what's driving me to lose weight.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Lose weight then maintain. I'm fairly happy with where I'm currently at but would prefer to lose at least another 15 lbs.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    To lose weight and get stronger/healthier.

Also to throw chemistry at every thread someone starts about how aspartame is dangerous.
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Originally to lose the marriage weight, now that I've done that I've realized how much I can't be trusted to portion control when left to my own devices
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I started mfp on June 20th, my goal was to loose 45# by my 45th birthday (sept 20). According to mfp & happyscale predictions, I am on the right track to make it! ;-)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    3%
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    Came here July 2015 to lose weight, for general health reasons. (I had been estimating calories, and was starting to plateau.)

Now I'm staying here to maintain weight (63 pounds down, CW 120 +/- 3lbs at 5'5"), and to keep my macros where I want them, also for general health reasons.

Basic fitness is also important to me (yup, for general health!), but that's not particularly MFP-centric for me - I've been active for almost a decade and a half, and already had some decent habits/metrics in place.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Have fun and post gifs!
  • AlexanderMoran94
    AlexanderMoran94 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me, it's a toss up between losing weight and fitting into my jeans.
  • claraoswold
    claraoswold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get back to a better body fat % and get stronger. Numbers on a scale do t really matter to me, and I'll never be a size 6, but I want to be stronger.