Is it just me...

Options

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It depends I think on what a person notices and focuses on.
    One could think looking up and down the topic in "Chit-chat, fun, and games" that there are more games then Chit-chat.

I often wonder if MFP is the place woman go to discover they are not alone in knowing that evil sob TOM.
    Daily he is discussed over and over again. :ohwell:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    or has anyone else noticed a trend towards "hooking up" behavior on this site? It's fairly obvious that I am married (to Clint), have kids (5 actually) and am here to monitor my consumption and fitness... why then, would I still get a phone number sent to me, an invitation to meet, etc??

Has this happened to anyone else and if so... what is up with that?!? Whatever happened to the main focus of this site? It seems like it's being used as a social club more lately than anything else. Thoughts? :ohwell:

So you're saying there's a chance....

i just snorted laughing!!!!!!!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    im with the person that said delete.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    or has anyone else noticed a trend towards "hooking up" behavior on this site? It's fairly obvious that I am married (to Clint), have kids (5 actually) and am here to monitor my consumption and fitness... why then, would I still get a phone number sent to me, an invitation to meet, etc??

Has this happened to anyone else and if so... what is up with that?!? Whatever happened to the main focus of this site? It seems like it's being used as a social club more lately than anything else. Thoughts? :ohwell:

Meh, I don't know - Even being married, this website has introduced me to a sweet young thing!

SMOKED TWINKIES!!!!! :bigsmile:
    plankies-recipe-2-xl-1.jpg

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/276876-smoked-grilled-twinkees?hl=smoked+twinkee
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Men and Women like each other (most of the time), and if one finds the other attractive, then they will either say so, or be less obvious and be friendly...I've had a few messages from guys on here, but nothing disrespectful. Compared to the lewd messages I've received on Facebook and Xbox Live, the guys on here are ANGELS!! I suggest that you reply to those messages with "Thanks, I'm flattered, but I'm also married :)" And if they persist...Just block them...You can make this website what you want it to be...I prefer mine to be 50/50 Fitness and Fun....It makes the weight-loss challenge so much easier..
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Oh look another post from uptight people complaining. If you dont like it don't look at it....geez what is this first grade?
  • ShampooIsBetter
    Options
    I can safely say I have not been the victim of unwanted sexual advances on this site...
    sadly.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can safely say I have not been the victim of unwanted sexual advances on this site...
    sadly.

Ok, come here big fella!

There, that should take care of that
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm single and I've gotten the gamut of PMs that are not fitness/health related from guys. Most of them are just really nice, flattering messages telling me I'm looking good - not creepy at all (though I've had a few of those as well).

I'm with the poster who said that people on here are experiencing new-found attractiveness and acting on it. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

And using this site to hook up? Sure they do. Just like FB. There's no rule that says MFP has to be used in "this way" or "that way." People use it to maximize their enjoyment of the site.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    hi, welcome to the internet. just deleted the messages and move along.
  • ShampooIsBetter
    Options
    I'm not even sure how to PM on this site yet. But if I did, here's some diet/fitness pick-up lines I would consider using:

1 - This fruit salad I am eating is beautiful. Would you like to see a picture of my banana?
    2 - I try to do 45 minutes of cardio each day, but I only did 40 at the gym earlier. Do you think you could help me out getting my heart rate up for five minutes? OK, three?
    3 - Studies say a diet high in protein is key to weight loss. If you aren't getting enough protein in your diet, maybe you sh...*EDIT: OK, I am stopping there since this seems to be a PG-13 board*

:-)
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    There will always be "lurkers" on any social web site. Some people just don't know how to talk to others.

This.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure how to PM on this site yet. But if I did, here's some diet/fitness pick-up lines I would consider using:

1 - This fruit salad I am eating is beautiful. Would you like to see a picture of my banana?
    2 - I try to do 45 minutes of cardio each day, but I only did 40 at the gym earlier. Do you think you could help me out getting my heart rate up for five minutes? OK, three?
    3 - Studies say a diet high in protein is key to weight loss. If you aren't getting enough protein in your diet, maybe you sh...*EDIT: OK, I am stopping there since this seems to be a PG-13 board*

:-)
    [/quote

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Bigtunatina
    Options
    sadly.

My sentiments exactly!!! What am I? Chopped liver? This is the first i've heard of any flirting from this site.

Man..

/crawling back in my hole
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Men and Women like each other (most of the time), and if one finds the other attractive, then they will either say so, or be less obvious and be friendly...I've had a few messages from guys on here, but nothing disrespectful. Compared to the lewd messages I've received on Facebook and Xbox Live, the guys on here are ANGELS!! I suggest that you reply to those messages with "Thanks, I'm flattered, but I'm also married :)" And if they persist...Just block them...You can make this website what you want it to be...I prefer mine to be 50/50 Fitness and Fun....It makes the weight-loss challenge so much easier..

Totally agree. I've gotten private messages from men on here but I don't think its crossing the line to compliment a woman on her looks, as long as its done with tact. None of them were ever crude. I've also had one send me a private message asking if I was married, then he deleted me as soon as I told him I was... douche-bag! :tongue:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I never get any numbers.... :ohwell: Oh well guess I still got more work to do
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't gotten hit on yet, but I've made a vow to remain celibate until I lose this weight. I don't need a guy or girl right now until I get my **** together with my weight and my life.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just wanna cuddle.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Did ya notice the profile pics that are ridiculously obvious that they aren't here just for weightloss support? Geesh.
    Makes me sick, actually.

And that was my thought. With the "just about naked" shots where you have a hand covering the boobs and maybe something barely covering your southern regions...isn't that just an encouragement? I can understand being proud of the weight loss, I get that, they should be proud of themselves! But isn't there better ways of showing it then getting half naked on a public forum for ANYONE to see? Basically, once those pictures are posted, aren't they pretty much up for grabs for anyone to take? That part worries me.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    *double post