Comment if you're looking for motivating friends!

Options

Replies

• AntonMG95
    AntonMG95 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ddoodles79 wrote: »
    I would appreciate some motivation & tips! :)
    Always up for new friends :) anyone can add me. Let's take this journey head on together !!!
    want8me9bk wrote: »
    Please feel free to add me also! Looking for motivational buddies..:-)
    SRJ19901 wrote: »
    Happy for anyone to add me ^^ I'm on this for the second time with renewed determination to lose weight this time! Lol.

Sent some quick friend request to you all. If anything let me know on my page or message me!

Looking forward to see you around! :wink:
  • spiffel42
    spiffel42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday I worked so hard. I walked 75 minutes at a good pace, then took an intense yoga class, then mowed the yard. We have acreage, so it take a couple of hours. I ate correctly, I didn't nibble, I put down everything on my food log. I gained 1 1/2 pounds. So frustrated. My mind is fluctuating from "eating chocolate" to "stop eating altogether". Plus my body aches. Would love any and all support
  • gerongraham2
    gerongraham2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I am looking for more mfp friends!
  • JonDrees
    JonDrees Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a friend request!
  • vicbradf
    vicbradf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I have been off & on diets all my life but I've gotten older and let myself go. After lab work from the doctor, I knew I needed to get back in gear...start eating better & exercise. Today is day 1 and I can use all the support I can get. Please add me & have a wonderful Monday :-)
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for motivating friends. Fairly active, only here every day for the last 180+! Taking it slow while also preparing for a 10k so weight loss is slow as I don't want to sacrifice too much muscle as I go. Looking in the end to lose 80 lbs from the start, down 30 so far.
  • AntonMG95
    edited August 2016
    Options
    spiffel42 wrote: »
    Well yesterday I worked so hard. I walked 75 minutes at a good pace, then took an intense yoga class, then mowed the yard. We have acreage, so it take a couple of hours. I ate correctly, I didn't nibble, I put down everything on my food log. I gained 1 1/2 pounds. So frustrated. My mind is fluctuating from "eating chocolate" to "stop eating altogether". Plus my body aches. Would love any and all support

Hi spiffel42, it is normal that the body weight may fluctuate between +/- 3 pounds from day to day. Due to this I would recommend that you only step on the scale once a week under same circumstances; before your first meal.

Seeing change in the short run is something we please, but is very uncommon. You did great logging the food! Make sure to keep doing so for the next month and then question whether you gain or loose weight. If you gain, you adjust. Reasons may be all from; lack of exercising, not keeping track of diet or that your metabolism works in a certain way.

We're not just here to support you from today till tomorrow; but for as long you intend to stay here.

Don't be too hard on yourself, be persistence and give it time! :wink:

-A
  • kayluvv
    kayluvv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Please add me! Would love to give and get some help/motivation/support!
  • randhirjhala
    randhirjhala Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sounds great, add me
  • bakingbeauty79
    bakingbeauty79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I definitely need people to motivate me and (as hard as it is for me say) help on my journey to get to where I want to be. I'm not new to mfp, but new to this, because I thought just by calorie counting and exercising I'd be fine. It worked for a while, but it isn't anymore. I'm the only one in my household doing my best to lose weight and eat right, and now it's not as easy as it once was. I want to lose 45 more pounds to get to my goal of 140 and have plateaued in the 180's. I want to be as fit and as healthy as possible not only for me, but for my kids. I want more energy so I can run around with them even more than I do now. So anybody who can help motivate and support me I would really appreciate.
  • julie_1217
    julie_1217 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've lost count as to how many times I've started and stopped and then started again only to stop once more. It seems like one bad day, or even a couple of not so good days, and I spiral out of control. I was doing SO good in the beginning of August and then we went away to visit with family who live at the beach. That weekend did me in ... that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't been able to get back on track. Working out in the morning is what works for me ... or so I've been telling myself - but yet I haven't gotten up early in over 2 weeks!!! Maybe I could try at night after my kids (3.5 & 1) go to sleep. Maybe just changing up how/when and it'll actually stick? That's my problem .... sticking with it .... that's always been my problem. I've been on this road since 2009 and I've lost some and gained some back ... and now have been "stuck" for a couple of years. I've gone back & forth between MFP & WW for a couple of years. I'm hoping this is my final start and I make a life style change and stick with it. I know its not only smart food choices but also exercise that works for me. Please feel free to friend me & help me stay focused!
  • the_answer_is_42
    the_answer_is_42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This worked well the last time I posted here.. So I'm going to give it another go ! Would love some supportive friends..
  • jennrams89
    jennrams89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I sent a request. I can use all the support. I am a full time, working mom. 2 years ago I was in a car accident and shattered my femur. I got through PT pretty fast and dropped a bunch of wait but then seven months later I found out I was pregnant. Needless to say, I added on the pounds. I've lost 40 pounds so far and still have 85 more to go. I love to surround myself with like-mind people.

Everyone feel free to add me!
  • AntonMG95
    Options
    julie_1217 wrote: »
    I've lost count as to how many times I've started and stopped and then started again only to stop once more. It seems like one bad day, or even a couple of not so good days, and I spiral out of control. I was doing SO good in the beginning of August and then we went away to visit with family who live at the beach. That weekend did me in ... that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't been able to get back on track. Working out in the morning is what works for me ... or so I've been telling myself - but yet I haven't gotten up early in over 2 weeks!!! Maybe I could try at night after my kids (3.5 & 1) go to sleep. Maybe just changing up how/when and it'll actually stick? That's my problem .... sticking with it .... that's always been my problem. I've been on this road since 2009 and I've lost some and gained some back ... and now have been "stuck" for a couple of years. I've gone back & forth between MFP & WW for a couple of years. I'm hoping this is my final start and I make a life style change and stick with it. I know its not only smart food choices but also exercise that works for me. Please feel free to friend me & help me stay focused!

Julie, thank you so much for sharing. I can relate to this on so many levels, though the obstacles I faced might not have been exactly the same.

My first advice for you is to get used to logging what you eat. Don't set the bar too high, just log it. Don't bother about if you don't reach your personal goals. As you pick up one stick, the other follows.

What I am saying is that you'll get more knowledgable of what your current food contains and proportions of your meals. That allows you to adjust either the sizes or the content to eventually hit your individual goals.

Now why am I saying this? I don't believe in a change over night. Aim towards making changes that works in the long run, develop a lifestyle by adapting one habit at a time. It shouldn't be "loose weight: live one way under a certain period of time". It should be: This lifestyle/diet I enjoy everyday. And by keeping track of my intake, I don't have to feel as if on a diet". As a result, you get where you'd like to be, over time.

Best of luck Julie, I root for you!
  • teresasupermama
    teresasupermama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends. Haven't figured this place out. I am trying to lose some weight, but mostly fitness motivation. I run regularly and prefer long distance running, but also do try other things sometimes too. Anyhow, looking for people to keep me motivated.
  • AhmedHKH
    AhmedHKH Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Could use some :)
  • AaronsMFP
    AaronsMFP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Could Use some motivating Friends! Please add Me!
  • MeghanDomingue6
    MeghanDomingue6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some motivational friends!
  • Deadlifter874
    Deadlifter874 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Looking for more friends, so add :)
  • brownparis73
    brownparis73 Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me! I would love the support on my new journey to get the best me!
    And I am happy to support others.