FRUSTRATED

Options
I have only lost 1.2 pounds in 2 weeks - all the working out and starving doesnt seem hardly worth it - getting frustrated!!!!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal and how many pounds are you wanting to lose per week?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why are you starving yourself and exhausting yourself, and why are you dissatisfied with your great achievement?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Why are you starving yourself? Also, how much do you have to lose overall? If it's 10-20 pounds you might be right on target with losing about .5 pounds a week.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    The shoes are awesome.

And I agree, if you're starving, you're doing it wrong.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Don't starve. Experiment to see what mix of macros will help you with satiety. Generally, protein, fat, and fiber help with feeling full longer so you might want to eat a higher percentage of those than you currently do.

You don't have to do everything at once. Baby steps. Start by just logging what you normally eat and then go back through to see where you might eat smaller portions and/or substitute some calorie-dense foods that you like with different foods that you also like.

1.2 pounds are 1.2 pounds. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.

This chart has some helpful advice:

wyt2v336xrr1.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    1.2 pounds is pretty decent if this is the first two weeks? And why are you considering what ya doing as starving yourself?

Calorie Goal? How many pounds set to loose each week and how many total do you want to loose?

• krishnip
    krishnip Posts: 32 Member
    Options

1200 calories and when I work out I eat more - the goal was 1.5 a week, now that you question it - I guess I am ok!!!
  • krishnip
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    1.2 pounds is pretty decent if this is the first two weeks? And why are you considering what ya doing as starving yourself?

Calorie Goal? How many pounds set to loose each week and how many total do you want to loose?

1200 cals and 1.5 a week - my husband and a friend are saying the same thing - its not a waste!!!
  • krishnip
    Options
    The shoes are awesome.

Those are my very expensive running shoes, I am not starving per say, but eating much much less mthan I used to
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    krishnip wrote: »

1200 calories and when I work out I eat more - the goal was 1.5 a week, now that you question it - I guess I am ok!!!

Yeah, it sounds like you're not doing bad at all!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1200 is the lowest MFP will give for a calorie goal. A 1.5 pound per week loss would subtract 750 calories per day. If that would put you lower than 1200 calories, MFP will still only go as low as 1200 even if that means you'll lose less than what you entered as your desired loss.

Try setting for 1 pound or 0.5 pounds and see what calorie goal you get.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    krishnip wrote: »
    The shoes are awesome.

Those are my very expensive running shoes, I am not starving per say, but eating much much less mthan I used to

90% of weight loss is at the kitchen table. 10% is in the running shoes. Look it up. Your TDEE is all 24 hours of living. Your exercise is about 10% of that number. Since you did notice that you are now, at 1200, eating much much less than you are accustomed to, I have a suggestion. Take that linguistic modifier of "eating", the phrase "much much less", and deliberately separate it into 3 phases. Phase 1 is first, and in Phase 1 you eat less than you previously did. Yes, your calories are higher than 1200 and you won't lose 1.2 lb doing it this way, but you will give yourself the opportunity to become accustomed to eating less. Do that for 2 weeks, then implement Phase 2, in which you eat much less than previous. At this stage you're probably close to 1300 or 1400 calories and I'd expect you'd be anxious to get on to Phase 3 and really make progress. OK, go ahead on to Phase 3.

The second most difficult part of weight loss is the first whole week. The first most difficult part is the first one day. You've already done the two hardest parts. You got this.
  • gonetothedogs19
    gonetothedogs19 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Don't starve. Experiment to see what mix of macros will help you with satiety. Generally, protein, fat, and fiber help with feeling full longer so you might want to eat a higher percentage of those than you currently do.

You don't have to do everything at once. Baby steps. Start by just logging what you normally eat and then go back through to see where you might eat smaller portions and/or substitute some calorie-dense foods that you like with different foods that you also like.

wyt2v336xrr1.jpg

How many times am I going to see this chart?

If you want to jump-start your weight loss, meaning you will lose lots of water weight, I suggest a very high-fat, no sugar and no grain diet. Phase I of the South Beach Diet is suggested to get you started. There are many others out there that are similar.

This a good summary of the two-week plan:

http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/diets/south-beach-diet-sample-meal-plan

CICO, SCHMICO. The fact is, you will lose much more weight in two weeks on this eating regimen, than you will lose doing some generic CICO diet, even if you eat the EXACT same amount of calories. It doesn't matter if it's "only" water weight. Weight is weight.

And if you have an issue with blood sugars, it will bring your levels down.

You could lose up to ten pounds in two weeks, as opposed to losing (hopefully) two pounds counting calories. And if you really like the diet, you could do it for another two weeks.

You might hate this diet, but it's worth a try. Good luck.
  • gonetothedogs19
    gonetothedogs19 Posts: 325 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Which is exactly why so many people fail. They torture themselves to lose 1.2 pounds in two weeks, then they go out for a 2-hour dinner with friends, they gain the 1.2 pounds right back, and quit.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options

wyt2v336xrr1.jpg

How many times am I going to see this chart?

If you want to jump-start your weight loss, meaning you will lose lots of water weight, I suggest a very high-fat, no sugar and no grain diet. Phase I of the South Beach Diet is suggested to get you started. There are many others out there that are similar.

This a good summary of the two-week plan:

http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/diets/south-beach-diet-sample-meal-plan

CICO, SCHMICO. The fact is, you will lose much more weight in two weeks on this eating regimen, than you will lose doing some generic CICO diet, even if you eat the EXACT same amount of calories. It doesn't matter if it's "only" water weight. Weight is weight.

And if you have an issue with blood sugars, it will bring your levels down.

You could lose up to ten pounds in two weeks, as opposed to losing (hopefully) two pounds counting calories. And if you really like the diet, you could do it for another two weeks.

You might hate this diet, but it's worth a try. Good luck.

So what's your total weight loss?