Who eats eggs every day??

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    We get about a dozen eggs a day from our flock so I try to eat at least one egg most days. Occasionally more.

I am 53 yo and have no health problems.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Four a day, every day at the least...
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    1 or two whole eggs + 4 eggwhites for breakfast daily.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I generally only eat them on weekends, but I'll eat 4-6 or so when I do.
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs about 5 days a week. I use to do it everyday for a year but I started gagging on them. Now I do overnight oats 1 day, Silk Non Dairy yogurt 1 day, eggs the rest...with a sprinkle of cheese and sriracha, rolled up in a small low carb tortilla.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I eat a whole egg and 6-8 egg whites everyday mon-friday.

Not sure what heath benefits you're looking to get from eggs, I eat them cause it's allot of food that is low in calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Rubiamia wrote: »

It would be more interesting if they provided something to back up the statements. Some links to data, author's name and credentials, something like that.
  • awnurmarc
    awnurmarc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Average between 6 and 12 eggs a day. I blend them raw in coffee with coconut oil. Lost 60 pounds over the last 3 years. (Not saying they were the reason; just that it didn't stop me)
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    awnurmarc wrote: »
    Average between 6 and 12 eggs a day. I blend them raw in coffee with coconut oil. Lost 60 pounds over the last 3 years. (Not saying they were the reason; just that it didn't stop me)

You have an iron stomach!
  • awnurmarc
    awnurmarc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    No. It's easier that way. Tastes creamy.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    You rang?

3 eggs, fried and made into a sandwich with a slice of cheese and lightly buttered toast. Nearly every day. My doctor routinely says I'm the healthiest patient he sees.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I eat at least 3 eggs daily - usually scrambled in coconut oil with some kind of meat thrown in (ham, sausage, beef, etc) with cayenne pepper and turmeric.
  • sflisher
    sflisher Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stick to eggs from organic grass fed chickens. I am on 3 a day for protein and all the goodies in the yolks. Very happy that people are eating egg white omelettes. It means more yolks for me :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    sflisher wrote: »
    Stick to eggs from organic grass fed chickens. I am on 3 a day for protein and all the goodies in the yolks. Very happy that people are eating egg white omelettes. It means more yolks for me :)

Grass fed chickens?? That sounds as bad as grain fed. Chickens are not naturally herbivores.

Perhaps you mean pastured chickens? Though I've never seen any evidence that eggs from pastured chickens are healthier.
  • terrinicolefit
    terrinicolefit Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do and have been eating them every morning for what seems like forever! I lovvvveeee eggs
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    sflisher wrote: »

Grass fed chickens?? That sounds as bad as grain fed. Chickens are not naturally herbivores.

Perhaps you mean pastured chickens? Though I've never seen any evidence that eggs from pastured chickens are healthier.

Ahh, to be able to see those vast herds of wild chickens roaming the range and chewing their cud. Their majestic calls of "bok bok" filling the air. It must have been a wonderful sight before they were butchered for their pelts for use in fashionable gentlemen's hats. Those were the good old days, when man and wild beast lived side by side.
  • spiritwolf13
    spiritwolf13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    Hi all

I've been an egg whites only person for years, probably due to a misplaced desire to minimise fat and calories when I was a young adult female!

My 11yo son made me eggs on toast after swimming training a few weeks ago, and my love of whole eggs was restored lol.

I have read lots about the benefits of eating eggs regularly, even daily, and am curious about anyone who has seen benefits.

I don't want this to be a thread about the cholesterol debate, but keen to hear from anyone who eats eggs frequently and if they've seen health benefits.

My personal goals are to improve my competitive swimming and general health. I eat a pretty clean diet now, and if it's relevant I am 45 years old, 164cm and about 50kg. I swim 4-5 times a week, averaging about 2.5km per session, and am just starting to get back into running and strength training.

Thanks in advance!

Yes everyday. I do not eat any beef or pork etc. I seem to focus better when I start my day with eggs. I have tried oatmeal and does not stay with me as long. But what works for 1 person may not work for the next.
  • spiritwolf13
    spiritwolf13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    Hi all

I've been an egg whites only person for years, probably due to a misplaced desire to minimise fat and calories when I was a young adult female!

My 11yo son made me eggs on toast after swimming training a few weeks ago, and my love of whole eggs was restored lol.

I have read lots about the benefits of eating eggs regularly, even daily, and am curious about anyone who has seen benefits.

I don't want this to be a thread about the cholesterol debate, but keen to hear from anyone who eats eggs frequently and if they've seen health benefits.

My personal goals are to improve my competitive swimming and general health. I eat a pretty clean diet now, and if it's relevant I am 45 years old, 164cm and about 50kg. I swim 4-5 times a week, averaging about 2.5km per session, and am just starting to get back into running and strength training.

Thanks in advance!

Yes everyday. I do not eat any beef or pork etc. I seem to focus better when I start my day with eggs. I have tried oatmeal and does not stay with me as long. But what works for 1 person may not work for the next.

Oh and I am a swimmer as well .
  • frankieb1990
    frankieb1990 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    every day.... A couple of years ago when I was eating on the Body Coach plan I could eat 6-8 a day sometimes and I lost a lot of weight x