I'll be home for Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    6716 minutes -/- by 123 days = 54 kilo-minutes of exercise each day!

27 August 6590 - 60 minutes walking
    6530 kilo/mins remaining
  • KareninLux
    Options

28 August 6530 - 160 minutes (cycling and hiking)
    6370 kilo/mins remaining
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I decided to check in weekly on Sunday's instead of everyday. This past week beginning on Tuesday, I walked 12 miles.
    263-12=251 left

I made it to the next state though in my walk! I went from VA to MD
  • jvtchong
    jvtchong Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    27/8 Day 3: 4775-40 min=4735 min left
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
    Current weight 195lbs
    Goal weight 112lbs

I don't have any miles to go for "home"… but I do walk 6 days out the week… I don't Sunday's as I use Sunday's as my recovery day
    So I could update what I've walked each day?
  • KareninLux
    Options
    jmacaroni wrote: »
    I decided to check in weekly on Sunday's instead of everyday. This past week beginning on Tuesday, I walked 12 miles.
    263-12=251 left

Cool - I used to live in VA - that is a long way to walk!!!
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    jmacaroni wrote: »
    263-12=251 left

Great job. And check in as often and little as you want.
  • louann_jude
    Options
    I'm in :)
    Current weight 195lbs
    Goal weight 112lbs

I don't have any miles to go for "home"… but I do walk 6 days out the week… I don't Sunday's as I use Sunday's as my recovery day
    So I could update what I've walked each day?

We would love for you to join. If you want a location since you don't have home to walk to how bout a vacation place a that your able to walk to in a few months.
  • louann_jude
    Options
    I didn't walk yesterday I was in the ER with a gallbladder attack. Can't wait to get it out. This morning I did a walk at home on Youtube 5k. It was great since the kids were home and it takes an hour to do one mile. Plus half of the walk my 3 year old is complaining 'it hot' or 'I tired'.

163-3

• jvtchong
    Options
    I didn't walk yesterday I was in the ER with a gallbladder attack. Can't wait to get it out. This morning I did a walk at home on Youtube 5k. It was great since the kids were home and it takes an hour to do one mile. Plus half of the walk my 3 year old is complaining 'it hot' or 'I tired'.

163-3

How horrible. Hope it passes soon. Good on you for finding an alternative this morning. Wishing you the best.
  • jvtchong
    Options
    Day 4 28/8 - 4735 - 155 = 4580.

Had a lovely and active day today. Yoga and a unexpected beach tennis tournament plus a bit of dancing. Feeling relaxed and exhausted. The gym at the hotel is awesome. If I wake up on time I'm going to try pilates tomorrow!
  • KareninLux
    Options

29 August 6530 - 60 walking = 6310 kilo/mins remaining.
    The number is going down slowly but it is still going down.
  • jvtchong
    Options
    day 5 29/8 4580-100=4480 min left
  • KareninLux
    Options
    From Lux to Canada - 6716 total kms -/- by 123 days = 54 kilo-minutes of exercise each day!

30 August - 6310 - 80 minutes walking = 6230 kilo/minutes remaining!
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    251-6=245 to go!
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi....I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd like to join in on this one! I've got 601km (approx 374 miles - Oxfordshire to Glasgow, UK) which I don't think will be possible, but I'm up for seeing how close I can get to it!

I don't drive at the moment, so I already track my walking everyday and use mapmywalk to track times + distance, so I'm excited to see how I get one, and how everyone else does too!

Good luck everyone! :)
  • louann_jude
    Options
    Hi....I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd like to join in on this one! I've got 601km (approx 374 miles - Oxfordshire to Glasgow, UK) which I don't think will be possible, but I'm up for seeing how close I can get to it!

I don't drive at the moment, so I already track my walking everyday and use mapmywalk to track times + distance, so I'm excited to see how I get one, and how everyone else does too!

Good luck everyone! :)

The more the merrier. So glad you can join.

Guys I am really sorry I haven't posted in a couple days. My gallbladder attacks are getting worse and it's hard to do anything. I see a surgeon on Friday and hopefully get this dang thing out soon so I can hit it hard.
  • jvtchong
    Options
    welcome @ScotsLass78! @louann_jude good luck on friday
    day 6 30/8 4480-50= 4430 min to go
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Guys I am really sorry I haven't posted in a couple days. My gallbladder attacks are getting worse and it's hard to do anything. I see a surgeon on Friday and hopefully get this dang thing out soon so I can hit it hard.

Good luck on Friday, I hope it goes well!
    jvtchong wrote: »
    welcome @ScotsLass78!

Thank you! :)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of this challenge.....I think I won't try to walk home as that's 847 miles. I think I'll go for about 300 miles. Sometimes my schedule gets hectic and I can either walk or do my DDPYoga. So 300 seems a good amount in the next 3ish months. :smiley: