Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• OetztalerWannabe
    OetztalerWannabe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To reiterate leahkathleen13: this thread is helping. Thank you! Though not with my actual weight yet, it seems :(
    - morning yoga (15 mins +) :)
    - no snack between breakfast and lunch (kind of a cheat, as this isn't too hard considering how late I breakfast and early I lunch, but putting it in as will likely be extra hungry tomorrow from today's ride) :)
    - fruit or nothing for lunchtime dessert :) fruit salad - maybe I should try to skip this too though, as it's pretty sugary really
    - no sweet snacks in the afternoon :) despite another colleague returning from holiday with amaretti and treats
    - "proper" food before/after German - no snacking instead :/ not snacks, but not good choices caloriewise either

JFT 30.9.2016
    - yoga ( :) 20 mins done)
    - no snack between breakfast and lunch
    - no dessert at lunchtime
    - no snacks except fruit and/or yogurt in the afternoon (damn amaretti, stroop waffles and torrone still sitting there in the office)
    - consider dinner more carefully
  • OetztalerWannabe
    OetztalerWannabe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    *Get to Social Security Office and do name change (19 years after the fact!)
    I love this one! :D:D:D I have things sitting on my to-do list for a long time sometimes, but I have never had anything go over a couple of years yet, nevermind almost two decades! Though admittedly that might be because they become irrelevant eventually.

Is it really necessary to do it now, cathy?!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments -

- stay within calories with 200+ calorie deficit :)

- eat fruit at dinner :/ had cheese instead.... (a small bit)

- spend 1h sitting outside reading :)

- do something fun this evening with boyfriend :/ evening was taken up with chores instead. Sunday evening (or Monday evening in this case) is always taken up with chores.... feel we should perhaps get on with them earlier! (Not so good for my sleeping when I'm faffing about all evening)

Today's commitments (having dinner at friend's who tends to cook unhealthy food)

- Log everything I eat
    - No unhealthy snacks
    - Take diet lemonade, have one glass for every glass of wine
    - Take healthy fruit for dessert
    - If dinner unhealthy, have a small portion
    - Do NOT add more than a sprinkle of extra cheese (if applicable)
    - Do exercise class before going

• markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'd love to join the fun here.

Just for today I will:

- Do my planned workout - :)
    - Reach my protein target
    - Track all my food
    - Clean the bathroom
    - Plan and buy meals for the rest of the week
    - Look for a gift for our anniversary
    - Plan the rest of the week
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Well, I ate before bed, but at least it was a healthy snack. Today:
    Run 35 minutes
    Weights
    Calorie goal
    Water drinking challenge
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    JFT I will send a personal message of support to at least 3 people on my mfp friend's list.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    cook chicken for lunch salads
    reorganize closet
    take and record measurements
    10 minutes (minimum) exercise
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Just for today - put one foot in front of the other, do what you know is right. Sooner or later, it'll become a lifestyle. Give yourself time.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just for today 8/30 -

1. log everything i eat
    2. Run 3.5 or more miles today.
  • Debbynothing
    Debbynothing Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just for one more day I will not eat candys, and will exercise 30' :D
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Just for today...I will be kind to myself.

Just for today...I won't turn to food to help with my stress.

Thank every God there is that August is almost over.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will do a 60 minute walk along the river near my house :)
  • brittanyleigh1220
    brittanyleigh1220 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will stick to my calorie goal!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for today, Tuesday:
    • Log every bite. It all adds up!
    • Try not to stress eat again today
    • WATER, WATER, WATER!
    • Work Goals: Complete at least one project, study for the class I am teaching tomorrow and complete at least one task, to try to reduce stress.
    • Start packing for our trip
    • Try to approach every situation at work in a positive manner

Have a great day everyone!
    Tracie in WI
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 seems like we have the same problems! I'm permanently overworked and I struggle to leave work on time/take a lunch break because I feel like I can't and the work will stack up if I don't. But actually, I've been finding that if I do take more time for myself I am more productive when I am working and I get as much if not more done! Longer hours do not always equal more work done.... I mean, sometimes there genuinely is a need to work late... but I think it's easy to get in a pattern of doing it when you don't need to. It's difficult to make yourself do it, but hopefully you will see the benefit if you do (I am, when I manage it!). Good luck - let me know how you get on!

(Just seeing this now, sorry! Been offline a few days). I think you have a great attitude and approach to this problem. I am going to have to put this into action next week when I return from vacation. I am taking Thursday, Friday and next Monday and Tuesday off, and my husband and I are going to hop in the car and drive West for a little road trip. I'm already stressed out thinking about how much farther behind I will be when I return, and I actually thought about cancelling the trip and working instead. How crazy is that? My husband and I are getting older, so he told me that I was NOT to cancel our vacation because if we don't start doing these things now, we may not be in good enough health to do them later. We need to make memories now while we can. He's right, and I'm excited, but at the same time I'm seriously stressing out just even thinking about how much work will be waiting for me.

However, when I come back from that vacation, I am going to try to do as you suggest...take lunch break and work smarter, not longer and harder.

How is this going for you? Still working?
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    eat last meal before 10:30pm
    watch last episode of ray donovan
    sleep 8 hrs
    log
    repeat
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Do you ever have a day when you do great all day long. Got my exercise in early in the morning, and by 7pm, had eating 1200 calories, and felt proud of my day.Then hubby and I had errands to run - he suggests stopping and getting a margarita. I had planned to just have a very small one - ended up they had specials going on, so I got a 27 oz one. Between that and the chips - when I got home and logged the calories, it was over 1100 calories - just for the margarita! That led to a spiral downhill the rest of the evening - popcorn, etc.

So today I start again. SO just for today, Tuesday

1. DO not let the scale dictate how my day will be. Stay focused, one day at a time
    2. concentrate on water!!! This is my biggest thing to do. Somedays I am lucky to drink 2 glasses of water. I know water is so important - so DRINK WATER TODAY!
    3. Log all my food, even if it is not something I want to admit doing
    4. get back on here tomorrow -- be accountable to you guys!!

• jtsweats
    jtsweats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    • I will do the PT to fix my knee so I can start running again;
    • I will not eat a snack after dinner;
    • I will not drink my calories via vino!

Good luck everyone. I hope today is going well for you all!