Hungry!

Options
2»

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Hunger seems to be cumulative as well. If you are hungry now and you try to ignore it day after day week after week that feeling of hunger is just going to grow and grow and gnaw at you until it is all consuming and you go on some binge and feel horrible about it. Just recognize you should probably eat more and accept that losing 90 pounds is going to take more than a year and come to peace with that and you'll be a lot happier with your diet.

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    First time I tried to "diet" myself just to give you a story I tried to eat 1500 calories a day. I went with the "well I'm not hungry today and I've eaten 1300 so I guess I'll stop because now I'll lose weight even faster!" sort of attitude. Seemed fine for a few months but it did catch up to me and I started feeling hungry all the time as well as tired. Weights in weightlifting routinues just seemed so much heavier and I was lethargic in my movement and slow in my thinking. I felt weak, was listless and irritable. Sprinting or doing a quick burst of actvity left me feeling dizzy.

I've learned a better way now and am losing comfortably probably averaging 2200 calories a day and eating really whatever I feel like eating just watching my calories and adjusting as needed. Pointing this out to you is not trying to scoff, many of us have been there and in our experience those who try to stick with those aggressive plans eventually fail and those who lose the weight and keep it off approached dieting as a lifechange not a diet and did a moderate calorie deficit with foods they would enjoy eating for the rest of their life rather than "only for 6 more months" like it was a cross to bear.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What are your macros and what foods are you eating? How much fiber are you getting? From personal experience, I lift weights, do cardio, eat under 1400 calories (by chance), and rarely feel hungry. I eat a vegan diet by the way and usually get over 60 grams of fiber a day without really trying. Maybe its something you can consider as well? Not trying to pressure you. This eating lifestyle just happens, by chance, to be a good formula for satiety and weight loss. I've lost over 50 pounds and am down to a size 0-2. Over half of my calories come from carbs by the way (just saying), and my lifts have progressed.
  • walterls
    walterls Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ;
  • walterls
    Options
    VividVegan wrote: »
    What are your macros and what foods are you eating? How much fiber are you getting? From personal experience, I lift weights, do cardio, eat under 1400 calories (by chance), and rarely feel hungry. I eat a vegan diet by the way and usually get over 60 grams of fiber a day without really trying. Maybe its something you can consider as well? Not trying to pressure you. This eating lifestyle just happens, by chance, to be a good formula for satiety and weight loss. I've lost over 50 pounds and am down to a size 0-2. Over half of my calories come from carbs by the way (just saying), and my lifts have progressed.

I was vegan for around 2 years so no pressure felt :) I found it really difficult to eat well (not living on carbs and french fries) after the birth of my second child. I work around 50-60 hours a week so I went back to veggie with occasional fish. I prepare only vegan food at home, however.

I will try and up the fiber, I had been concentrating on the protein aspect, but should look at the "bulk" part of it. I think it may also be retraining my brain to not expect to eat at given times of the day.
  • walterls
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice- I upped my protein and fiber intake and also my daily calories to 1800- I feel much better and have lost 7+ lbs so far.