13»

Replies

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Out of all the powdered PB brands, PB2 is my second to least favorite-next to TruNut. The best I've had it "Just Great Stuff" brand, followed by PB&CO. I won't try Jiff because I just assume it can't be better than PB2 which I already find mediocre compared to my favorite one.

Your missing out by not trying Jiffys powdered Peanutbutter its much better then PB2 has more peanut taste.

I agree. Jif is really flavorful!

...and I don't like their regular stuff.

Plus I found I'm better at a deficit if I cut out the mix-ins heh...

Word!

• vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I just made some PB2 chocolate chip cookies last night! 150 calories each. I haven't tried one yet, saving it for dessert for tonight, but the batter was good! lol. I posted the recipe on my instagram.

I also like spreading it on my protein pancakes. Mmm!
  • rjc992
    rjc992 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I sometimes mix some PB2 powder with liquid coconut oil. The texture is just like PB and I like the taste, rather than water.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    I just made some PB2 chocolate chip cookies last night! 150 calories each. I haven't tried one yet, saving it for dessert for tonight, but the batter was good! lol. I posted the recipe on my instagram.

I also like spreading it on my protein pancakes. Mmm!

How did these taste? Do you mind sharing the recipe?
  • sakuragifts
    sakuragifts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazon has the best deal on PB2. I get 2, one pound jars for $16. I love the chocolate PB2, just enough chocolate flavor, but not overwhelming.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Amazon has the best deal on PB2. I get 2, one pound jars for $16. I love the chocolate PB2, just enough chocolate flavor, but not overwhelming.

Not better than the $5.38/lb I pay for it in bulk at my grocery store.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    olymp1a wrote: »
    I've known about this but unfortunately I cannot find it where I live :disappointed:

I can get it in loose "generic" form from the bulk bins of a couple of my grocery stores for extremely cheap compared to the PB2 jars. I think last time I bought some it was on sale for $2.38 a pound. Sooooo much cheaper than the jars.

Sounds dumb, but it hasn't occurred to me till now to look for it in the bulk bins. Hopefully, Winco carries it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Mmm I just ate 3 servings on my low calorie ice cream.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    olymp1a wrote: »
    I've known about this but unfortunately I cannot find it where I live :disappointed:

I can get it in loose "generic" form from the bulk bins of a couple of my grocery stores for extremely cheap compared to the PB2 jars. I think last time I bought some it was on sale for $2.38 a pound. Sooooo much cheaper than the jars.

Sounds dumb, but it hasn't occurred to me till now to look for it in the bulk bins. Hopefully, Winco carries it.

My Winco is indeed one of the stores I can get it in bulk.

I just refilled the empty original PB2 jar I have in my cabinet for all of $1.50.