peanut butter powder people!

Options
elisa123gal
elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
yes! If you have not discovered peanut butter powder you must try. you just add water and two tablespoons is only 45 calories. It has 85 percent of the fat taken out. I spread it on my 100 calorie bagel and it was wonderful. I purchased mine at Target and I think Trader Joe's has it as well.

Replies

• goldendaphne40
    goldendaphne40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love this stuff and I believe it's gluten free!
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Costco in Canada has it too. I was surprised to find it there. I thought I would have to cross border shop.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I've known about this but unfortunately I cannot find it where I live :disappointed:
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So good!!!
  • Chrisjuvers
    Chrisjuvers Posts: 2,692 Member
    Options
    I get it at my local Sam's club. It's a huge tub and it's only $10.
  • smelliefeet
    smelliefeet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Is it as satisfy as the real thing?? This may help me not overeat by 250 calories of peanut butter daily!! I love that stuff.
  • cmuise19
    cmuise19 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I literally just bought some today at Popeye's
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    PB fit from Costco is absolutely terrible when mixed with water. Nothing like real peanut butter. But it does lend a good flavor to a protein shake.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Is it as satisfy as the real thing?? This may help me not overeat by 250 calories of peanut butter daily!! I love that stuff.

Not quite.

Because it's mixed with water, it's not good on things like toast or crackers. But the peanut flavor is there. I like it mixed into my morning oatmeal, or Greek yogurt.

My Wal-Mart has a brand called PB Fit; I've not tried this brand yet (good reviews). I get PB2 at Target but will try PB Fit next time.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    It tastes pretty darned close… you just don't get the oily fat taste. I highly recommend. I have to keep real peanut butter out of my home because if I have more than one tablespoon..which I will.. it blows my diet.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I could do without the added sugar, but whatever.
    I mix mine with raw coco powder and use it in my smoothies.
  • kuhndog61
    kuhndog61 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for the great tips and suggestions. Can't wait to add this to my arsenal. . .
  • FLBeachluvr
    FLBeachluvr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You can also buy the PB2 brand online at Amazon.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    The PB2 Chocolate is pretty darn good. I have no issues using it on bread/bagels/toast/etc. I just mix it slightly more dry so it spreads like peanut butter.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I wanted to like it; I truly did. I don't drink shakes so I found the bag of PB powder I bought last fall languished on my pantry shelf until I threw it out recently. I did try making PB fudge brownies with it, they were "meh" on the PB flavor. And that was using 60 grams (1/4 cup) of the stuff for them. I did try it in a few other things with more disastrous results. Like PB powder tapioca pudding. PASS.
  • freckled_one
    freckled_one Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I add it to my overnight oats. So yummy. I don't like it on toast though. Instead I prefer it mixed into things (oatmeal, yogurt, power balls), not used as actual peanut butter. I've only tried PB2, maybe other brands would be good on toast.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Love it! I buy the PB2 chocolate, as well. Last night I make one serving of PB2 (45 cal) and one serving of PB2 chocolate (45 cal), then spread it on an Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb tortilla (50 cals). Sorta crepe like and so good!
  • ievent
    ievent Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you like PB2, they now make it with Grape or Strawberry jelly! I have only been able to find it at Netrition (www.netrition.com)... AMAZING! <3