Down 50+, thought I would see more of a difference

Options

Replies

• Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    There is a HUGE difference!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Dude!! you have a neck in the second picture!!! The belly shots you need to take from the side to really see the difference there. Trust us, there's a big difference, and all for the better.
  • YvetteSmith69
    Options
    Huge difference, you look great! Keep up the good work.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    weightw.png

I realize this is a crawl, walk, run process, but I kinda thought I would see a bigger difference when i took this pic last night. Maybe the bowling shirt in pic1 is doing a good job hiding the totality of my "before" condition.

As someone who has done the same, I can tell you that first 50 lbs is hard to picture in ourselves for a couple of reasons. First is we hardly ever really see ourselves as being as big as we were. Also - when we are the same SHAPE but a smaller SIZE, it's sometimes difficult to recognize that we're smaller because our brain just sees the roundness.

Second is you're actually losing weight everywhere, so you have to look for the subtle signs. Yes, the belly is smaller, but also see - the hands are a different shape, the double chin is gone, the shoulders are less broad. You may also find your shoes are looser, hats fit differently, that 'flap' that hung over the elbow begins to recede.

And you're going to be AMAZED how BIG the differences are from here on out. I feel like the most recent 30lbs did more to change/improve my look than the 90 before it.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    You are much slimmer... look at the angle of your arm in each picture... in the first picture your arms are resting against your body but are angled out a lot farther than the second picture, in the second picture your arms are practically straight down... you have lost tons of inches. You COMPLETELY lost your double chin... GONE BAM! and your torso is much thinner.

I agree with the other posters... horizontal stripes make people look wider... AND the first picture you are much further away from the camera.

Be happy with your results thus far... You look fantastic...
  • robynya
    robynya Posts: 10
    Options
    OMG!!! you look amazing... you can totally tell the difference.. look at your face and chin.. WOW!!!! keep it up.. whatever you are doing, it is working.:smile::smile:
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    there is a huge difference and when you would not wear a shirt with stripes you could see it way better. Awesome job so far, hope to see the other pictures in the future when you reach your goals.
  • annih84
    annih84 Posts: 1
    Options
    wow ur doing a fab job and seriously u can totally tell the difference. doing an amazing job keep it up!!
  • beth651
    beth651 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference, keep up the good work it, definately shows.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i see it, you don't? you need to change the inner you and how you think of yourself
  • mocklin
    mocklin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    you look great! Huge difference. Take a picture in a solid color shirt and then look.
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    dude, you are a huge motivation for me right now. I currently started at 299 and I just started working on my routine here. Thanks for the huge lift in spirit.
  • irtata43
    irtata43 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Although you may not see it, there is a HUGE difference. When I had lost about 60 lbs. my daughter in law posted bf/to date pics. of me and I told her to be sure and say which was which. She laughed and ask was I serious. I've lost 82 now, and while I do see a big difference I still don't see what others say they see. I think we tend to look at how far we still have to go apposed to how far we've come. Your doing great, keep up the good work.
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Um....sorry to burst your bubble...

but there is a HUGE diff. btwn pic one and two!! AND you are wearing horizontal stripes in the second one. Thats probably what is throwing your eyes off..(or a vision issue! lol) but you look GREAT!!! Keep up the excellent work!!
  • ShampooIsBetter
    Options
    Am I the last person in the world to hear about the horizontal shirt rule?
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC LOSS!! and I absolutely LOVE your question marks! Congrats to you!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Are you kidding? Look at your face man!

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    There is a massive difference, you are doing great. Let me ask though, were you expecting to look more "athletic"? That only naturally occurs in very few people, if you want that look you are going to have work on muscle creation and weight loss at the same time, and it takes a long while. I think you are doing great, it's about health first and losing 50lbs is well down the right road. If you want a different look that's going to be phase 2 and you have all of our support for that too!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You look half the size! Have you gone shopping for smaller clothes? That and pictures! It's hard to get your mind on board with the new you. I keep seeing the old me in the mirror.

I heard it described this way, and it helps. If you take a full roll of paper towels and take one sheet off. One is a pound. The full roll doesn't look much different. Even if you take off 10 sheets. But the closer it gets to the center of the roll one sheet will look like a lot more of that roll of paper towels gone. You will begin to see it. Even though we see it! Keep it up!! Great job! You will feel and be so much healthier!
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    What a great explanation @ Nammy!! Couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for sharing, man. Big difference plus the before pic is set further back... put it this way... think of what u would have looked like in the shirt u have on in the after pic had u worn it for the before pic...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!