I NEED Dessert!

Options

Replies

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I love york peppermint patties (the smaller ones). I get my sweet fix and the peppermint seems to stop the "sweet" craving.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Then eat it. It's not a hard set rule that you can't. Well unless of course you doing keto and it keeps you from going into ketosis.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Since summer fruit is really good right now, I've been making "microwave cobbler". Take about half a peach, nectarine, 3-4 oz strawberries, blueberries, or a mix and nuke 'em until they start getting liquidy and cooked. Add in a sprinkle of cornstarch and vanilla extract and stir, set aside. In a separate container, mix 2 tbsp rolled oats with 1/2 tbsp butter (I use smartbalance) and 1 tsp light brown sugar, and mix together with your hands until everything is coated in the butter/sugar. Nuke until the oats start to brown and the sugar melts, let cool. Break apart with a spoon into smaller chunks and add to the top of the fruit mixture. Enjoy! Usually comes to about 150 calories for a cup's worth of dessert if you don't add ice cream, which I usually do.
  • Treehugger_88
    Treehugger_88 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries work for me! I take 1/3 of a cup out of the freezer in the morning and by dinner they have defrosted and are a perfect dessert. Sometimes I add a tsp of cocoa powder and a bit of cinnamon and mix it all around to turn it into a kind of pudding.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    4 milk duds = 52 calories and they take forever to chew. :)
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    HALO TOP ice cream! 250 calories PER PINT! It isn't as creamy as traditional ice cream- have you ever frozen a Wendy's Frosty over night and eaten it the next day? It's kind of like that! It's really good!
  • frankieb1990
    frankieb1990 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I mixed a scoop of chocolate protein powder with greek yoghurt so it tastes a bit like a chocolate pudding, add some blueberries and a teaspoon of honey... It's nice if you put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes before as well x

This is so interesting....gonna try that!!!!

Do it!! I can't believe I don't see more people doing it online. If you have a thick creamy greek yoghurt too like the fage stuff then YUM!! <3

Add some flaked almonds, raspberries, pumpkin seeds, whatever else.... you can turn it into a great dessert and then it's high in protein too! X
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    If I want dessert I have it. Actually want it twice a day. I include a little something sweet both with my lunch and with my dinner. Within my calorie goal of course. ;)
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hershey's kisses are only 22 calories each. (Just discovered this) I had two tonight and it stopped my sweet tooth on its tracks!

I have to get some "Kisses" for sure! I have something sweet everyday. I can relate to wanting something sweet to eat after my main meal. (I am thinking I just want to cleanse my mouth of the food taste).When I am away from home, a peppermint candy will do the trick. At home, just brushing my teeth does the job.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Fudgecicles are like 40 cals each, and popscicles are 15 (the smaller ones). The kids and I eat these pretty much every night, especially in the summer. Gets pretty hot here in AZ haha!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I like the fudgesciles, sugar free puddings and esp. I love the greek yogurt with alittle cereal added in for crunch
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Yasso mint chocolate chip bar after dinner and 1 square matcha/ghiradelli dark chocolate after lunch. Total of 160 calories.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I save 400 exercise calories for a dessert. My base calories are reserved more for whole foods and my meals are generally on the smaller side.
  • roberholtzer
    roberholtzer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I switched to ginger or honey candy. It takes a while to get through, portable so I can pop that instead of a cookie from the breakroom and the ginger is good for digestion.
  • xtruexlove1988
    xtruexlove1988 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lenny and Larry snickerdoodle protein cookie only 1/2 or a fiber one brownie
  • chimonetabron2014
    chimonetabron2014 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sweets are my weakness!!! Dark chocolate is best though :) I dnt particularly like dark chocolate but it's the best option. If I do have something sweet I'll take a spoonful to satisfy the sweet tooth. I love Nutella & green apples together!!! SO good & always satisfies the sweet tooth!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate dipped into peanut butter, yummo!!
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I melt a few chocolate chips (10, and I count them out) with a table spoon or two of some sort of nut butter and then use it as a dip for an apple, or a couple strawberries, or a rice cake, or whatever I have room for and that fills a hole (like needed magnesium or fiber). Or a large celery stalk with nut butter spread on and a frozen dark chocolate chip placed in every inch or so. Or if I have actual calories left, I have ice cream or cheesecake or a few squares of dark chocolate and a glass or two of wine.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I hardly eat sweets but i do like the minute maid frozen fruit bars, only 40cal and cool whip or off brand is very low cal