No weight loss

Options
It's been almost 2 weeks now that I've been trying to loose weight. Been eating 1.000-1.4000 calories per day. Been exercising everyday doing 8000-10000 steps ( cardio ). And I have not even lost half a pound.
Gonna give it 1 more week, if no change, gonna quit.

Replies

• tamhiuwa
    tamhiuwa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi buddie, I am the same... so flustrated. but I read a book that may be the weight of fat reduced, and drinking water make body retain water and gain weight..... I now buy a Keton paper and try to test myself tomorrow
  • Luvlybubly
    Luvlybubly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Seriously? Three weeks and you're going to quit?

This is going to sound harsh but: harden up. The weight didn't go on in three weeks, I guarantee it. It's not going to come off in three weeks. You need patience.

Are you weighing your food? You could be eating more than you think.

One last question and yeah, it's going to sound harsh: just what, exactly, do you think quitting is going to achieve?

2 weeks.
    Done slimming world, weight watchers etc in the past. And lost about 6lb in 2 weeks.

Yes that is harsh. And a little rude.
    As for hardening up. I have worked very hard.
    As for the weight not going on in 3 weeks..tell me something new.

• Luvlybubly
    Options
    tamhiuwa wrote: »
    hi buddie, I am the same... so flustrated. but I read a book that may be the weight of fat reduced, and drinking water make body retain water and gain weight..... I now buy a Keton paper and try to test myself tomorrow

Hi, I've always been told to drink lots of water. What's a Keton paper?
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    yes because quitting is the best way to achieve results.

dvgfhuvxpafs.jpg

Thank you.
    I do have a few medical conditions. One of them being underactive thyroid, which I'm on medication for.
    And a contraception that makes you gain weight. But surely it only make you gain weight because it makes you feel more hungry, and eat more.

• Luvlybubly
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Seriously? Three weeks and you're going to quit?

This is going to sound harsh but: harden up. The weight didn't go on in three weeks, I guarantee it. It's not going to come off in three weeks. You need patience.

Are you weighing your food? You could be eating more than you think.

One last question and yeah, it's going to sound harsh: just what, exactly, do you think quitting is going to achieve?

2 weeks.
    Done slimming world, weight watchers etc in the past. And lost about 6lb in 2 weeks.

Yes that is harsh. And a little rude.
    As for hardening up. I have worked very hard.
    As for the weight not going on in 3 weeks..tell me something new.

misskarne is not being rude, nor was her post harsh.

You are not supposed to work hard, but you have to work smart. Correct logging, good planning, no cheating.

I've not cheated. Of course you have to work hard. Been logging correctly. And have planned well.
    Been working hard as in doing cardio exercise. 8000-10000 steps a day.

• Luvlybubly
    Options
    tamhiuwa wrote: »

Hi, I've always been told to drink lots of water. What's a Keton paper?

Now this is where you are going wrong, along with "trying" and considering quitting. Disregard that "advice". Stick to the basics and you will get results.

I usually only drink about 1 glass of water a day. I have only started drinking more in the past couple of days
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your body measurements as well? Water weight can mask scale loss and we can retain water for lots of reasons: hormones, time of month, ovulation, new/intense exercise especially lifting weights and HIIT, high levels of sodium...

And you never really answered whether you use a food scale to weigh all your solid food. You can easily wipe out your deficit if not, I know I suck at eyeballing portion sizes and would have been lost without my scale as I'm only at .5lb per week deficit.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    Are you tracking your body measurements as well? Water weight can mask scale loss and we can retain water for lots of reasons: hormones, time of month, ovulation, new/intense exercise especially lifting weights and HIIT, high levels of sodium...

And you never really answered whether you use a food scale to weigh all your solid food. You can easily wipe out your deficit if not, I know I suck at eyeballing portion sizes and would have been lost without my scale as I'm only at .5lb per week deficit.

Hi Capaul,
    I started measuring myself a few days ago after noticing that I've not lost weight.
    I don't get monthly cycles, because of contraception.
    Ive not really been lifting weights. Mainly been doing cardio dancing I.e. Zumba and low impact exercise, as well as abs exercises.

I've not weighed my foods. As I've been buying packaged foods. So I've followed the calories. Even measured wine lol.
    You lose 5lb per week?? Blimey, that's good.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Capaul,
    I started measuring myself a few days ago after noticing that I've not lost weight.
    I don't get monthly cycles, because of contraception.
    Ive not really been lifting weights. Mainly been doing cardio dancing I.e. Zumba and low impact exercise, as well as abs exercises.

I've not weighed my foods. As I've been buying packaged foods. So I've followed the calories. Even measured wine lol.
    You lose 5lb per week?? Blimey, that's good.

Even packaged items can be off in weight. They are allowed to be off by 20%. That can add up very quickly.

Most packaged foods contain higher levels of sodium.

Even with contraception and no cycles (I'm on depo and don't get them either), we still have hormonal changes at those times. And can retain water. My weight usually goes up 1-2lbs during that time.

It's half a pound not 5lbs. 5lbs is unhealthy unless you're severely overweight and even then it's not sustainable.

I was just about to type this, nearly exactly but my water weight during my cycle, is approximately a 5 pound gain.!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    But is only almost two weeks... Also eating between 1000 - 1400 calories a day is pretty broad in number.

Without looking at your diary, how many 1000 calories days are there? Under eating can only put added stress on the body, it will compound weight loss and will show on the scale. Try eating your deficit consistently every single day and do that for three to four solid weeks and see where you are at that time.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options
    In your previous thread, you mentioned desiring to lose 105 Pounds. Think about it, did it take you just 2 weeks or several, to gain that weight. It took several. Safely most of us're able to lose the weight in approximately, half the time; that it took to put it on. That isn't an awful deal. That's like getting paid twice your salary, for working; half of the time. Imagine if it was meant to take twice as long or longer, than it did; to put it on. Then I'd understand admitting defeat. I also understand that having a medical condition, makes it harder & thus might take longer, to figure our caloric/nutritional obstacles but just know, that nothing trumps consuming less calories; than we burn. Which in the end means that you have the control, to lose the weight. For instance I noticed that you mentioned, that your birth control; causes weight gain. If that were true, then that'd void CICO (calories in/calories out) but it isn't true. Birth control might increase your appetite but you're in control of whether or not, you feed that increased appetite.

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), sometimes I am bedridden, sometimes I'm housebound & sometimes I've been able to function normally, so my deficit, maintenance and overage calories, literally change daily. While it's a reason for not always knowing what my caloric needs're, it isn't a reason to not try; to figure them out.

Think about your desire to lose weight & think about what happens, if you cease trying. How'll ceasing improve your reason, for desiring to lose the weight? It won't!

If what those of us here're suggesting to you, didn't cause weight loss; there wouldn't be so many success stories here. We're a mixed group of us that began losing weight, while being relatively healthy; besides just being overweight & those of us that began not being healthy, either do to the complications of being overweight and/or from illnesses, that didn't result from being overweight.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    But is only almost two weeks... Also eating between 1000 - 1400 calories a day is pretty broad in number.

Without looking at your diary, how many 1000 calories days are there? Under eating can only put added stress on the body, it will compound weight loss and will show on the scale. Try eating your deficit consistently every single day and do that for three to four solid weeks and see where you are at that time.

I usually eat only 1000. I was told that I'm under eating, so I upped it to 1.400 a few days ago.
    Feeling depressed and close to tears.

• DeficitDuchess
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I usually eat only 1000. I was told that I'm under eating, so I upped it to 1.400 a few days ago.
    Feeling depressed and close to tears.

Please get a food scale & weigh everything you consume. After you get a food scale, wait four weeks (28 days). So until you get a food scale, these 2 weeks; don't count because you're most likely consuming hundreds more in calories, than the packaging states. Try to reduce your sodium intake, since that'll cause water retention. Also use a tape measure. Just know that we can't spot reduce, so if you use a tape measure on 1 part of your body; you might not notice a difference. There's a possibility that you might not see a change on the scale but might lose inches, over various parts of your body; which means your losing mass & thus losing weight.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I know it's tough and this is going to sound trite, but in a year's time you will be so pleased that you didn't give up.

I gave up around the end of February and restarted near the end of June and I've been mentally kicking myself for that. Push through the plateau, start to weigh your food when logging and try to be patient.

Good luck!