Uhhhhh, I don't want to offend anyone, but.....

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I have seen this come up before - a lot of people said they just list it as walking the dog. I guess so they aren't embarrassed if their diary is open.

Ive known of people to list it as wrestling lol
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    edited September 2016
    It's not really a workout. I mean, sometimes I go for a bike ride because the sun is out and the wind feels good on my face; other times I go out because I'm trying to beat my fastest time on a 40 km course. Now I don't know about you but for me, sex is pleasant and enjoyable, but doesn't have any specific performance goals. I mean, as far as I know, nobody makes a sensor that measures your thrust rate per minute like people do with running cadence.

I think in theory this is probably supposed to be part of your general activity level. I doubt most people fill out their MFP profile and say "Well I bump uglies five times a week so that means I'm not sedentary."

Also, I think the way most people who aren't me do it, it's really not that much of a workout anyway. I've heard some horror stories.

80z9hocbac14.jpg
  • buckeye213
    buckeye213 Posts: 52 Member
    For some it's a quick sprint and not a marathon to be considered a workout...lol
  • sadinplaid
    sadinplaid Posts: 140 Member
    @BigBill1971 you're not the first one to try to put it into your tracker :blush: haha! I like someone's idea up there for using wrestling. Lol
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    I have seen this come up before - a lot of people said they just list it as walking the dog. I guess so they aren't embarrassed if their diary is open.

I've heard a lot of euphemisms for it, but that's a new one. :)
  • BigBill1971
    BigBill1971 Posts: 28 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Why is there not an add exercise for the most perfect workout, I mean if done right, abs, hamstrings, calves, buttocks, arms, back, hell even your toes, cardio and/or strength, yeah ya'll know what I'm talking about, SEX, why is it not in the exercise add workout

Because most guys wouldn't burn many calories in 20 seconds.

Lol
  • BigBill1971
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    A one hour long session would be amazing!!! am I right?

30 minutes, including a shower, would be amaz5
  • BigBill1971
    sadinplaid wrote: »
    @BigBill1971 you're not the first one to try to put it into your tracker :blush: haha! I like someone's idea up there for using wrestling. Lol

Now that I read it, it sounds a bit "mood killer" and creepish, a lot of folks went right to the moment for data, I was kinda thinking the after thought of the act
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Do you pump full out for an hour without a break or slowing down? Because that would be at most 300 calories. It's counted in your TDEE. This question has been asked many times before,
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Because wearing a HRM during sexytimes is not particular sexy. Unless it's leather.

well...HELLO there Samantha....(rawr!)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    *Checks Garmin downloads for sexytime tracking app*

"Indoor cardio."

Well, sometimes outdoor cardio. Maybe it's a "lap" in the hike.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It's part of your normal daily activity level. Or did you add this as purposeful exercise when you began to lose weight?
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Just enter 50 reps of wrist curls...or however long it took you.
  • Kieranova1994
    Kieranova1994 Posts: 258 Member
    Apperently sex for so many minutes is equivalent to a 5 mile jog... no wonder I weight a lot... XD
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Or did you add this as purposeful exercise when you began to lose weight?

In my single days, I should have been asking the ladies if they'd like to help me do something about the obesity epidemic. What a missed opportunity!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Because according to a study, the average length of sex is 5.4 minutes. That's hardly worth recording. Just consider it a bonus.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16422843
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Apperently sex for so many minutes is equivalent to a 5 mile jog... no wonder I weight a lot... XD

If I were on top and we banged for two straight hours, I STILL wouldn't burn as many calories as I do during a five mile jog.

For everyone who really, REALLY needs to know how many calories you're burning during sex, here you go:
    http://www.mensfitness.com/women/sex-tips/how-many-calories-you-burn-during-20-different-sex-positions

Prepare to be disappointed.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    nngu2ijdrpsw.png
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Why is there not an add exercise for the most perfect workout, I mean if done right, abs, hamstrings, calves, buttocks, arms, back, hell even your toes, cardio and/or strength, yeah ya'll know what I'm talking about, SEX, why is it not in the exercise add workout

Because it's included in the concept of NEAT for sedentary people.