Calling all Hunters/Gatherers

Options

Replies

• forestgypsy314
    forestgypsy314 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't know where you're from but you sound like my type of buddy :) we hunt/fish and raise chickens and forage.
  • MatthewG1973
    MatthewG1973 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a hunter... Please add me. I enjoy upland bird hunting with my two dogs Tucker and Oreo. I also deer hunt and small game hunt as well...
  • nojuicejustjin
    nojuicejustjin Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes fishing counts! Adding y'all now :)
  • nojuicejustjin
    Options
    I'm in North Florida btw! But we hunt up in Alabama and GA also
  • nojuicejustjin
    Options

You, my friend, are doing it right. And thanks for taking me to school on the eating the heart thing. Freaky, but then so is oatmeal when you think about it.

Lol I'm glad I can help clarify. Not everybody may agree with everybody's tradition or way of life. But I want as we understand where other people's point of use come from and not just judge them off that I think that will help make this world a better place in general. So I appreciate you being open minded :smile:
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Tonight is the night before dove season. I love getting ready about almost as much as going hunting. The anticipation and camaraderie is awesome.

Checklist follows:
    • Shotgun (benelli super vinci) has correct choke tubes....check
    • Shells in backpack...check.
    • Cammo all laid out...check.
    • Water bowl and about 20 bottles of water for my sons black lab....check
    • Migratory bird and hunting license printed out and in ziploc baggie...check
    • Talked with my oldest son and best hunting buddy at least 3 times today...check
    • Batteries in head-lamp...check
    • 5-gallon haul/spent shell casing bucket in truck already...check
    • Alarm set...check

Tomorrow morning I will be watching the sun come up with my oldest son and two of his buddies and an 18-month old black lab named Lacy. This will be Lacy's first dove hunt. She has been on a few duck hunts and she has had some excellent retrieves and a few that were still puppy-like. A working dog is a beautiful sight to behold.

For those non-hunters that read this. FYI - we will police the area before we leave picking up all shell casings and any errant trash that has not made it into our buckets. Our motto is to take your legal limit and leave nothing but footprints.

P.S. - I don't need to get my limit of 15 - I just need one more than my son gets B) But truth be told, it will probably be who get's their limit first. Bacon wrapped, smoked, jalapeno stuffed dove poppers will be eaten this weekend
  • nojuicejustjin
    Options
    IM COMING OVER!!! Lol hope you get a one up on your kid :sweat_smile:
  • trvshm
    trvshm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    mz8f4rumoksl.jpeg

Archery hunter here. Got my 10 yr old his first Tom this last spring. Scouting, shed hunting, and hanging stands are my favorite ways to exercise! Being in the woods is my reset button. Truly a relaxing place. Thankful for the amazing animals that provide my family and I with protein.
  • mapetry
    mapetry Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What an awesome thread. My husband and my 10 year old hunt. We always have some deer in the freezer. So many people don't understand that hunters do a service for the forest and habitats.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Season opener in T - 7 hours!
  • nojuicejustjin
    Options
    trvshm wrote: »

Archery hunter here. Got my 10 yr old his first Tom this last spring. Scouting, shed hunting, and hanging stands are my favorite ways to exercise! Being in the woods is my reset button. Truly a relaxing place. Thankful for the amazing animals that provide my family and I with protein.

Nice! Happy to see that you're passing on the tradition
  • nojuicejustjin
    Options
    mapetry wrote: »
    What an awesome thread. My husband and my 10 year old hunt. We always have some deer in the freezer. So many people don't understand that hunters do a service for the forest and habitats.

Absolutely!!
  • nojuicejustjin
    Options
    JdMcCoy82 wrote: »

Can't wait to see what y'all get this season! Be sure to post if you can
  • nojuicejustjin
    Options
    Friendly reminder :wink:

zayjfsx7on5w.jpeg
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    25 minutes until dove season. The sun is starting to outline the sunflowers.

vmlgtgzjcch1.jpeg
    image.jpeg 1000.7K
  • nojuicejustjin
    Options
    How'd it go?
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    JdMcCoy82 wrote: »

Can't wait to see what y'all get this season! Be sure to post if you can

Most definitely, if I get the pic upload thing figured out. Haha.
  • nojuicejustjin
    Options
    Lol! You'll get it
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    What are your views on this? 4hzdozoqyoyk.jpeg
  • Icheatonmywife
    Icheatonmywife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    subakwa wrote: »
    What are your views on this? 4hzdozoqyoyk.jpeg

Rich folks our chasing something they wont eat or use, Those little foxes don't have a chance against that mob... I bet you $100 that guy on that horse does not even know how to put a saddle on a horse correctly. He has servants to do that for him.